You charge too little, don't be greedy.

Options
Vitenka - Dreamweaver
Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
WTF?

I'm selling something in a catshop, and get this message. I should raise my prices so as to be less greedy? Huh?

There are some crazy people doing merchanting, that's for sure.
Post edited by Vitenka - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Weird, I simply buy out ppl who are selling disturbingly lowb:bye
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Alyssari - Raging Tide
    Alyssari - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Charge too little? I do not think anyone would tell someone they charge too little (maybe they meant too much?)

Even then, they can just - not buy.

It's also possible it was that person's (odd) way of saying "you're undercutting, stop it".
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's also possible it was that person's (odd) way of saying "you're undercutting, stop it".

Which is a problem, how?

I undercut everyone when I sell something. Especially if I have a large stock of something to sell. If people don't like it? tough titty.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Alyssari - Raging Tide
    Alyssari - Raging Tide Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Which is a problem, how?

I undercut everyone when I sell something. Especially if I have a large stock of something to sell. If people don't like it? tough titty.

I never said it was a problem. I just meant that it was a possible way to interpret what the person said.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Charging less than someone else isn't being greedy, just the opposite.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear
    BlaZinBoy - Heavens Tear Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Hmm crazy I been getting thank you in my shop messages..but I also buy low if I see things that will sell for more and I also undercut other shops around mine...there is this zone called the lazy zone I WILL TELL NO MORE.

It's crazy the only thing this game has to offer is basically selling ****,nirvana,bh1 at 100 for profit stuff to sell in shop..and selling gold from time to time.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    spotting somebody else undercutting you isn't a time to complain, it's a time to buy them out and profit. merely hearing about somebody else undercutting you when for whatever reason you can't get in on the action, that's the time to complain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Seemed kinda strange. And yeah, I'm happy for the professional merchants to buy me out. I'll take my small cut of the profit, they can take the hardwork and the rest of any profit they can squeeze out.

I just.. I dunno, I seem to get the craziest comments on my catshop. I've had threats and everything, which is kinda funny in a pve server against a level9 cleric alt :)
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Seemed kinda strange. And yeah, I'm happy for the professional merchants to buy me out. I'll take my small cut of the profit, they can take the hardwork and the rest of any profit they can squeeze out.
    Getting bought out by another merchant is always great, especially when you can immediately re-stock and set-up again at the same low price. b:chuckle

It's pretty common to offend established merchants and get, "raise your price / everybody sells for same" comments whenever moving into a new market. I find them pretty amusing, especially when they start making threats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    If someone and myself are both undercutting each other, I often offer a diplomatic gesture to agree on a low price below everybody else. If this offer is snubbed, then I undercut that person like crazy until they leave.

One time someone gave up and took the offer after snubbing it the first time. I was amused.
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    WTF?

I'm selling something in a catshop, and get this message. I should raise my prices so as to be less greedy? Huh?

Weird, I simply buy out ppl who are selling disturbingly lowb:bye

some people just can't handle competition. who knows, maybe if someone started doing that with selling gold the economy would go back ta normal due to competition and low prices O.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    some people just can't handle competition. who knows, maybe if someone started doing that with selling gold the economy would go back ta normal due to competition and low prices O.o

Wouldn't happen. They'd just get bought out by the major gold merchants in seconds flat and then resell at current prices.

Your dream of low gold is just that...a dream. Adapt or die. Quite simple.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    Some people will sell at a loss just to keep their prices at the lowest, which seems like bad business to me but what do I know...

I usually move my shop somewhere else when it starts to get crazy with the undercutting in one spot b:chuckle

And about gold, I have actually sat there and watched gold merchants regulating the price to keep it where they wanted it. So I highly doubt we will ever see the extremely low, or the extremely high prices again. High is a little more likely but it would take something dramatic I think.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    And about gold, I have actually sat there and watched gold merchants regulating the price to keep it where they wanted it.
    What does that look like, exactly?

I buy 100s of Gold daily, so it's very important to me to know how to get the lowest price. Thus, I'm very familiar with what it looks like when another high-volume Gold buyer is trying to get Gold too, but I've yet to see anything that would hint at the existence of these mythical "Gold merchants" who supposedly regulate the price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    this reminds me of the fact that there are about 8 pages of flawless citrines in AH for 300+ k

people don't seem to get the fact that no one in the right mind is going to bloody pay that freaking much.

prices are not set by what people are asking... it's set by what people are PAYING.

this is to all you tokens sellers. tokens are worth 10k. if you make double profit during a sale becuase u get twice as many tokens, good for you. after the sales over you go back down to normal profit.

10k before sale -> 10k during sale -> 10k after sale NOT 16K

god u people fail at math
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • vaan1983
    vaan1983 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    WTF?

thats weird because the only one who spend more than 1000 us for day in catshop is chuck norris.
    Maybe he send you a message because you spend less money compared to him.

chuck norris is the char using rank10 gear, is better not pm him.
    edited February 2011
    Options
    prices are not set by what people are asking... it's set by what people are PAYING.
    It's set by mutual agreement. Neither party can control the other, so if either side isn't happy with the price then no trade will happen.

But when it does happen it's because BOTH the buyer and the seller each set a price they could agree on.
    this is to all you tokens sellers. tokens are worth 10k. if you make double profit during a sale becuase u get twice as many tokens, good for you. after the sales over you go back down to normal profit.

10k before sale -> 10k during sale -> 10k after sale NOT 16K

god u people fail at math
    Oh no no no, my goodness no. I don't think there could be a worse example.

Tokens MOVE. Their prices fluctuate wildly because they buy and sell like crazy. They are probably the fastest trading, and most price volatile, item in the game. If you need to invest or recover coins fast Tokens will do it faster than anything else.

For example, my girlfriend had an extra ~250 million to invest just before the last Pack sale ended, so she found a shop selling Tokens for 10400 each and bought 2 1/2 full stacks of 9999.

Three weeks later when she set up selling them at ~14k each they practically vaporized out of her shop. They were gone almost instantly.

The fact is that virtually the entire PWI economy relies upon Tokens. They are the gasoline that fuels most of what people are doing in-game. Saying they are only worth 10k when there is no sale on completely ignores the entire concept of supply and demand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    This wouldn't have happened to be a person whose sells Dragon Orbs would they? I ask because she was vehement in general chat, so I whispered this person. She said that she feels the whole "Buy Low, Sell High" thing is greedy, and that you are basically walmarting everyone. She said she only has ever charged no more than 10-30k more than the cost it takes to MAKE one Dragon Orb in the boutique. That since that is the cost of the ingredients, she feels that is the fair price. People who buy in bulk because they want millions of coins and undercut honest merchants making everything on their own and selling them at prices they could never hope to match are greedy because it puts everyone else out of business. That
    was the way she explained it to me and is her rational behind it.

Now I'm not saying I agree with her at all. I am absolutely positively 100% not saying that I agree. I'm saying that was her explanation for being so mad at everyone having lower prices than she did.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ItsAWolf - Archosaur
    ItsAWolf - Archosaur Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    It's definitely annoying when people start undercutting you during a particularly beneficial week of crazy buyers that don't have a clue about the cost price of things. After the recent pack sale, tokens had moved up to around 13k buy 15k sell...with peaks of 18k, yet when I set up a shop selling teles for 18k, same as another merchant, they were selling as well as always. Needless to say, I was very pleased... until someone started undercutting of course; undercutting 'war' resulted in prices dropping to around 13k a tele.

Naturally there is nothing wrong with undercutting, as it's generally the smart thing to do if you wanna sell fast, and I would never leave hateful comments, but it did annoy me a little. Now go ahead and blame me for being greedy b:laugh

edit: I've also had my share of, let's call it particularly rude messages about my prices. Although sometimes I'm not even sure if it's because they're too high or too low...
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Options
    lol I'm glad I've never gotten any of those yet.

I was worried I'd get some selling some TT mats that have... seemingly no set price. They go for either 80k a pop in AH, or 200k a pop in AH, and every catshop I found listing them was selling them for much the same thing, somewhere in the rainbow between 80k and 200k. And it wasn't just one person at 200k, it's like 1/4 are at 80k, 1/4 are at 200k, and the other half is scattershot in the middle. b:laugh

I just bought a bunch to make gear at 70k and called it a really good day lmao

And to be honest... Sometimes when I'm in a really weird mood, I'll pick a random catshop, and leave a gibberish message in the comments. b:quiet
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level