The lack of barbs probem.

13»

Comments

• Bublee - Heavens Tear
    Bublee - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Some Barbs are really demanding for a FF run now, they want hypers & repair costs paid. Lol wth nobody pays me for the repairs, or the crab meats/charms and other stuffs I use in a FF run for shades or any other stuff, nobody pays the clerics or herc venos for their charms either. I just really hope seekers can tank / pull the mobs as good 'cause this is getting ridiculous.
    [SIGPIC]http://i55.tinypic.com/m8d10j.gif[/SIGPIC]
    If you would like me to make you a siggy, send me a pm. ;)
  • Samler - Dreamweaver
    Samler - Dreamweaver Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Dreamweaver; lacks barbs A LOT
    Raging Tide; Lacks Barbs and Clerics o_o I swear theres nothing but venos and sins.

I have to admit though, a lvl80 sin without rank armor can tank bh69. Any instance really. ^_^
    Of course, whenever he got debuffed by pole or nob, he would use crab meat so I could purify and heal easily. Crab meat is a life saver, use it :P

BMS tanking bh69. Errr.. I had trouble with that one. He had trouble keeping aggro because of a veno who kept stealing it and then begging for a res. Either way, they can tank. Crab meat is good to have around. Charms are okay too, but expensive. xD

And a lot of low lvl barbs I know soon give up on lvling. I honestly don't know why, I never played a barb. And as for high lvl barbs, it would be nice if you guys helped out. :/

I dont know -.- Just the people I come in contact with, especially on raging tide..
    They are rude lol. Could explain why barbs quit.. b:surrender
    I still play.. b:surrender
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Therefore the solution would be:

1. Increase damage in tiger form
    2. Decrease repair fees

The dmg increase would be pointless, well let`s rephrase that. Doing it in manner that wouldnt make barbs ridiculously OP and would have wanted effect is impossible. It`s simply the fact that barbs arent that needed. It`s like "Can you come to delta?" and when barb wants something like bh/nirvana/tt, ppl wont want you. The simplest option would be to make new instance that is something you want to farm. That instance would need to be hard in way for a tank so all 5aps wouldnt be able to tank it, yet highly refined of them should be able do it, simply cause if they couldnt barbs would be OP. Barbs aggro skills would need boost in order to keep aggro and random aggro couldnt exist there, so barbs could keep aggro. Repairs? Sure, those bug some ppl but usually I dont really mind them, though full delta, hrrr... Last time I finished I had my cape reach 0 durability, I had forgotten to repair... I think my repairs got over 200k that time, cant remember the number tbh, must have blocked that scary memory =(.
    Some Barbs are really demanding for a FF run now, they want hypers & repair costs paid. Lol wth nobody pays me for the repairs, or the crab meats/charms and other stuffs I use in a FF run for shades or any other stuff, nobody pays the clerics or herc venos for their charms either. I just really hope seekers can tank / pull the mobs as good 'cause this is getting ridiculous.

It`s cause ppl allow it. I myself dont ask anything, I usually tend to turn ppl down when they offering charms for me for things like delta/etc. But comparing barbs repair bill to anybody else in FC is ridiculous. Lower lvls he will be ticking his charm, for average 50k+ per run, 50k+ repairs, +lots more crab meat, potions, etc. Yes, it`s ridiculous to ask for that stuff yet it`s damn idiotic to compare DDs expenses with tanks on FC.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "There's not enough barbs...."

A while back you could also see QQing about "there's almost no clerics to be found...." , seriously, i wonder how people even play the game....

In the fac i'm in we only have 2 barbs available , when they're on, and not on an alt. And even then we just do fine. Clerics ? We got 2. Of which one is an alt of a barb....

Nearly every single bh89/eden/ i run there's no barb around. Only in brim i see the real need for one (and even then...).
    Bh79 ? no need for a barb.
    Bh69 ? only pole is a bother but doable with a high enough lvl and a good cleric.
    Everything below that a high lvl sin (or in 59 a psy/wiz) can tank the bosses.

So where ARE the barbs ? Simple. FC. Where are the clerics ? simple. FC again.

What do people expect ? You nearly all roll a high lvl APS toon, bm or sin, and when the time is there to do good runs, you leave the barbs and even clerics behind. It's not more then normal that they too just roll another toon and tell the rest to F. off or just do FC's to catch up to the aps toons.
  • RobertDutu - Lost City
    RobertDutu - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Which is why you let the Veno tank. Really helps on their repair fee.

I understand their point though. At 8x my repair bills were 60k for a half run, 90k for a full one (without venos in squad). For someone who doesn't cash shop (or cat shop, for that matter) that probably breaks the bank. b:surrender
    I am Jack's raging bile duct.
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I still have my barb that I want to level up more but I'm waiting for the expansion before I play more. I really love my barbarian. He was first recorded low level barb (not even 85) to tank gba boss after it got hard. b:victory
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • ZoanoAce - Lost City
    ZoanoAce - Lost City Posts: 469 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Thats not really true lol. Barbs are indeed needed for pve at 100+ as well. Its often pretty hard to find a barb for BH100 actually.

I run Nirvana with 1 barb pretty much every time i go on my 5.0s sin. Same for most players i know. You want attack/hp buff, Devour and someone who can run chests smoothly and grab boss if something goes wrong. I dont know any barb that feels offended getting invited for his buffs either. Isn't that better than having to tank the hole thing and paying the repair bill after.

Its not that barbs aren't wanted/needed in endgame pve, the issue is that 5.0 Sins/Bms are more profitable in general compared to any other class. Half of PWI have rerolled to assassins by now. Way less people are playing venos/archers to for example, they rerolled to 5.0 BM/Sin as well. But you dont notice that, since you dont need them for BH/Frost. No one would QQ about lack of archers lol. You really only notice the barbs, since you need them to level up.

But i understand how barbs can feel unwanted at 100+. I remember how i got spammed 50 times a day about Frost and BHs on my barb at 8X-9X. Than suddenly at 100+ the spamming stopped and i had to ask "anyone need a barb for BH100" if i wanted to get an invite. Kinda how it is for most classes really at 100+, you have to make a little bit of effort yourself if you wanna get stuff done. But if you're used to being extremely sought after i guess it might feel like no one needs you.
    Fully agreed Lily, our server isn't experiencing this "great barb-less crisis", even at endgame levels. It seems as though mainly PvE servers experience this as far as I've seen.(why?)

This point here is true,m and I have no problems accepting this with my barb, I just want it got done like every1 else, fast or slow, doesn't matter.

Another great point, which is constantly repeated, yet people continue to be in denial with this fact. If barbarians "died" like you all want, how far are u willing to go to lvl up without them?b:question

Which, in my case, didnt matter to me. I never "loved" being "needed" to be some1's hyper lvl plower just to reap very little rewards in especially 7x+, it was a pain. I can tolerate this great uneededness because my repairs, gear and skill upgrades and coin worries as a pure f2p player are all over now, yet before I worked hard to deal with them anywayb:victory
    ●Barb - The "natural" leader. Cool and collected, slow to anger, and typically jovial. Swift to act when friends' lives are in danger, and prepared to lay down his life if the situation calls for it.

End of lvling, starting of the unimaginableb:laughb:victoryb:coolb:cool
  • Thebestthere - Harshlands
    Thebestthere - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    well for one i do agree 4/5 aps can tank anything or close to it. Ive seen a bm with 5 aps and bp solo world bosses so yea 4/5 aps is ove powered but so sins and pcyics. You get a psyic like urdain or anyone half as good as him with their reflect buff on i'll one shot my self i mean its just unreal. My solution would be to make barbs roar 100% to attract agro and skills such as that.

then if u put buffs on the bosses such as rib strike or some thing with the same afects it'll be impossable to tank without a barb because of the asp is cut down. yes i am a aps bm and i love it and i wouldnt change it for anything. Barbs will always have a place in tw though its just not possiable to replace them in there.

The thing that is so op with sins that is just stupid is sparking in stealth and always has and always will be. They give sin stealth spark in stealth and constant spark then combined that with 5 aps. Thep double spark stun and im dead before my charm even ticks. I've seen alot of the sins do that to barbs as well, so if a class can kill u without ur ccharm ticking u would u ratehr keep playing a barb or what ever or make a isn and do the same to them.
  • Bluemane - Heavens Tear
    Bluemane - Heavens Tear Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I have a lv 101 Sage Barb whos a pure tank build...well i did..im taking an extended brake from the game due to being pulled left and right to tank stuff...then people QQing about not holding agro (Aps builds can take agro really quickly now)..them moaning there charms are ticking...blah blah blah....i have never asked for anything apart from some fun on the runs i did with my Barb. If there was a reason to bring him back in to game i would in a heart beat but its to dam expensive on the repairs and the charms.

Blue
  • vaan1983
    vaan1983 Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    barbs are needed but seeker is almost there.

its all about money and made in china
    if they dont care about me why would i care about them
    nothing will change the game is going to a quick end
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Problem, why barbs don't do FF?

Theories
    1: You don't get much in FFs, repair bills go off the charts, I have never been to FF on my barb, never will. I know for sure on archer, I don't even get anything but coin sink. Obviously might be costing barbs about close to 1 mil per run. Drop rates are lame, mobs die easily, but attracts aggro too easy for DDs

2: The common and over-rated APS problem, that barbs lost their will to LVL because of APS, my friend told me why he don't play his barb outside of rebirth gamma / TT because APS stole barb's role. Archer's roles are stolen from decides, physical DPS class. Barbs and archers might go desperate and join the "used-to-be-OMG-fail-to-OMG-5-APS-pro" fists / claw BMs

3: Random squads, they do not trust random squads, such as myself. Why would they? I understand that. Biggest factor for me, thanks to APS, I trust squads less.
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Problem, why barbs don't do FF?

Theories
    1: You don't get much in FFs, repair bills go off the charts, I have never been to FF on my barb, never will. I know for sure on archer, I don't even get anything but coin sink. Obviously might be costing barbs about close to 1 mil per run. Drop rates are lame, mobs die easily, but attracts aggro too easy for DDs

2: The common and over-rated APS problem, that barbs lost their will to LVL because of APS, my friend told me why he don't play his barb outside of rebirth gamma / TT because APS stole barb's role. Archer's roles are stolen from decides, physical DPS class. Barbs and archers might go desperate and join the "used-to-be-OMG-fail-to-OMG-5-APS-pro" fists / claw BMs

3: Random squads, they do not trust random squads, such as myself. Why would they? I understand that. Biggest factor for me, thanks to APS, I trust squads less.

lol 1mil per run
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    lol 1mil per run

k, I am wrong there, which is why I said might, I never been to FF as a barb... b:avoid
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Perses_ - Lost City
    _Perses_ - Lost City Posts: 1,917 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Highest bill i've heard of for a barb for FF was 750k, and that was because they went in and had forgot to repair before doing so :s
    Nothing worthwhile to mention here, enjoy the animated signature~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    then quit QQing and roll a barb

i don't ever have this problem...

/thread b:bye
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    PetMe - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    just did an fc repair bill was 38k, pick up all the coins in the run and usually that about covers repairs. the reason its so hard to find a barb is because barbs usually have squads they trust and go with them instead of the randoms that seem to be nothing but hyper leveled noobs.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    just did an fc repair bill was 38k, pick up all the coins in the run and usually that about covers repairs. the reason its so hard to find a barb is because barbs usually have squads they trust and go with them instead of the randoms that seem to be nothing but hyper leveled noobs.
    Omg it's PetMe, I haven't seen you in ages.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • PetMe - Raging Tide
    PetMe - Raging Tide Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Omg it's PetMe, I haven't seen you in ages.

you didn't know....... im a stealth barb. i be very very sneaky
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Being a tank can be a very important and even complicated job in a squad (if you have a normal non-5-aps-squad).
    Every Barb tanks and every cleric heals in other ways, taking random squads is very dangerous.
    I'd rather like to run FF or BH with my faction than getting in a random squad O_o
    If ya need a Barb ask in your faction and do something against this 5aps-solo-terror so Barbs are going to be a well played class again. <.<
    But maybe you ask a 5aps-class to tank they are even better than Barbs could ever be cause of around 500+ Bloodsuck per second!

But hey 5aps have one good side for Barbs in FF.
    My repair bills are reduced by ~80% cause I only need to tank in the time when the cleric is reviving the Sin :D
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver
    Thrashbarg - Dreamweaver Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Highest bill i've heard of for a barb for FF was 750k, and that was because they went in and had forgot to repair before doing so :s

(Um, this might be against some barb union code or something, but I pay enough dues to those jerks to overlook one little thing.....)
    The highest repair bill I have EVER had was under 400k, and that was after a full delta and an hour of aoe grinding in OVS, most of my gear was broken or nearly broken.....

But hey 5aps have one good side for Barbs in FF.
    My repair bills are reduced by ~80% cause I only need to tank in the time when the cleric is reviving the Sin :D

QFT
    All the world's a game,
    And all the men and women merely gamers:
    They have their wipes and their rezzes;
    And one man in his time plays many alts.
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I just solo my FF and provide my friends with a great amount of exp if wanted.

I'm a selfish Barb now. >:(
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • L_y_n_x - Raging Tide
    L_y_n_x - Raging Tide Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited February 2011

I agree on that. Sure it's not the same scale. But yesterday did for my faction, a fb29, a fb39, a fb51 (all not wined of course...), then DoD, Slitt, Krimson, Kimsa and Quillog King.

Total repairs ? 17k...Coins + drops covered them and even made profit (well about even if I include the 10 or so pots I used)

And yeah, I don't like random squads. I prefer having my wife to heal me and DD's that know how to pull back a tad on agro if needed then a 76 sin with mid to ok gear stealing my agro on Nob and dropping in 2 hits b:chuckle
  • HellWariorB - Raging Tide
    HellWariorB - Raging Tide Posts: 219 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    a full fb 51 with good squad 8-9k repair bills
    bh 51 fimo + all bh 51 frostcover ~ 14k repair
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    have more nice people who will help out the lower levels.

i know that when i turn 100/101 and get my 5aps, i'm going to help out low levels with their dungeons when i have nothing to do/accomplished my days' work of stuffs
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • _Spot_ - Lost City
    _Spot_ - Lost City Posts: 318 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    k, I am wrong there, which is why I said might, I never been to FF as a barb... b:avoid

Why are you always this dumb whyyyyyyyyyyyyyy....

Barbs dont tank fc no more they just buff and pull .....So repair bill isnt much nowadays and even at low lvl if you are worried about tanking repairs Get a herc veno......

One more thing i said it and i say again to you GET HIGH LVL AND SEE FOR YOURSELF, BOSSES IN FC LAST 15 SEC WITH A SQUAD WITH TWO SINS ONE BM