What class do you feel benefits most from rank gear?

2»

Comments

• DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    we all know that a r9 wiz is simply OP.

but psys dont get the credit they deserve. With that much soulforce, lvl 7xs will one shot themselves from SoV. SoS will proc alot. Not to mention that attacking while soulburned is just begging to be 1 shot.

And their survivability is absolutely insane. With white voodoo giving them 99 defense levels, and jones blessing + r9 set bonus giving them a positive attack level, they can tank some pretty hard hits as well as dish out some horrific punishment.

If you need some examples of r9 psys:

SSarmento (stereotypical cash shopper, his refines kill you, not skill)

LuciverV (when he crits the server shuts down)

urDian (has HL bent over backwards)
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Funny thing is, SS still SZ hugs, even though he 1 hits just about everyone....

^^
    and now you know I wasn't kidding b:shocked
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    I am surprised we are not getting more people defending their personal class.....It sounds like wizards end game are scary, but also people bring up psychic soul force. I hate them in tw because even as a high level cleric I was killing myself by attacking them and I don't think I was targeted as much as it was just the shield skill....I was attacking from range and would not have considered myself his primary concern. Archers are great on squishes but really not too much for a barb to fear? So I would say psychic or wizard for over all scare factor? Wizards are rare, so I don't know much about them....
  • DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    altweina wrote: »
    blablabla ... is it really worth the cost? ?

Any smart archer would get at least R8 :

Lunar bow 50-60m

R8 bow + chest and legs : 50-60m for badges (thats how much they cost me with ingame buyed golds but dont know exactly couse i wasnt buying it at once and the gold price changes every min ) - R8 bow op lunar +5 or even more + to that -.1 int chest and nice legs = why not get it b:dirty
  • altweina
    altweina Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Wow......I know I didn't mean it the way that makes it sound. If that REALLY is a direct quote, did you edit it adding in the blablablah part?

All I was asking is that is it really the best toon to spend the rep badges on if you were going to do 1 character? As an archer I know squishes die easy, barbs are tough......Even with rank 8 barbs are still gonna be tough it would seem.
  • Risingson - Lost City
    Risingson - Lost City Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Yes, I`ve seen and gotten hit by average refined R8 psy, +12 R8 psy & R9 psy and actually killed every type of psys mentioned, have you? Though nowdays I doubt I`d stand a chance against mexy on 1vs1, hurts too much(Refined his gear finally, wep at least[And I restatted to claws, lol]), yet I can still kill him in TW.

For psy to hit like a truck you need to sacrifice so much survivability compared to wizzies. And that is to what you should be comparing the effectivness of R9 on psys, not to archers directly, different roles. You got enough R9 wizzies, you want R9 archers or R9 psys next? Psys arent bad, yet wizzies do their role better so they arent useless but just not the prefered option. I think that ultimately Archers and psys are pretty equal on the R9 question, with wizzies existing, it`s easy for me to prefer archer over psy.

R8 bow bad, you kidding, right? R8 bow is prolly best R8 wep out there but wiz are simply broken as a class when it comes to strong weps, which is why I prefer wizzies. That bow really hits like a truck, great addons, refines quite well, what more you want? Psy`s arent bad with R8, those 2 classes simply outshine them.

Ps. I`ve seen the R8 wep of all classes and fought against it, heck, I can say the same thing with R9.

The only nice thing about the R8 bow is the damage, like any other R8 weapon. And let's say the -interval too. Otherwise, I find the CV bow much better, just because of the Soul shatter thingy, it's insanely annoying. Also, how do you NEED to sacrifice survavibility as a Psychic to hit like a truck? If you can afford to hit like a truck, most likely you can afford to have decent defenses. Physical DD's arent a big deal for Psychics, since we have Psychic Will, which coupled with Expel is kind of extremely annoying. As for magical classes, well it's a bit different but those fights usually don't last long, that's kind of how it works. And don't tell me Black Voodoo makes you super squishy, because on higher levels it isn't true.

Psychics are indeed squishy if you can't refine or get decent gear, but if you're able to afford something you're pretty much covered. At the end of the day it comes down to the gear. But of course, Psychics don't have a great defense skill like Stone Barrier, we have White Voodoo instead, which is really a double-edged sword, but it has its uses.

You do need good gear with Psychics, but it doesn't take that much to take off on the survavibility department. A good genie axed on that kind of skills (Domain, Expel, ToP/Second Wind) is alreagy pretty damn useful for that.

One last thing, Wizards aren't THAT much stronger than Psychics, assuming both have R9. I mean, you're not on Lost City but, I'm pretty sure a fight between StoneMsM and LuuXun would be interesting, assuming LuuXun finally shards decently. Well to clarify, they both have full R9 +12/+10, over 10k hp unbuffed and over 20k mag atk, it's pretty damn sick. I mean a full R9 Psychic with Jones' Blessing has over 1xx attack level in Black Voodoo and without any DoTs, so have fun with that.

Anyways, I'm pretty sure a full R9 Psychic is at least as dangerous as a full R9 Wizard. As for R9 Archers, well they're amazing, since the R9 bow is basically a greatly enhanced CV bow, and they do hit like trucks.
    Risingson - 7x Psychic
    Indalecio - 3x Cleric
  • DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver
    DeadlyShots - Dreamweaver Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    altweina wrote: »
    All I was asking is that is it really the best toon to spend the rep badges on if you were going to do 1 character? As an archer I know squishes die easy, barbs are tough......Even with rank 8 barbs are still gonna be tough it would seem.

i cant say you .. u must decide whats will be more fun for you .. cant say whats the best toon to spend badges every toon have some + and -

just roll what u like dont be another from 10546 r8 sins out there just for the stupid stealth what makes them bit op :)

i could make sin too but .. b:shutup fishies