nirvanna/windpour question

Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited February 2011 in General Discussion
if you 2nd stage the windpour claws, could you loose the -.1 to interval?
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    if you 2nd stage the windpour claws, could you loose the -.1 to interval?

Yes and no b:surrender. You have a random chance to get -0.05 interval (max is 2 of them) but that's going to cost you a lot of reforges and the chance of getting 2 so it replaces the -0.05 is crazy.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The chance to get -0.05 int on the G15 version is 5%. Getting that twice has happened like once in PWI...
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    The chance to get -0.05 int on the G15 version is 5%. Getting that twice has happened like once in PWI...
    If the odds of getting -0.05 int are 5% per addon (1 in 20 odds), then you have a 1 in 200 odds of getting -.1 int, and there's a 0.0125% chance, or 1 in 8,000 odds, of getting -0.15 int.

If you meant there's a 5% overall chance of getting -0.05 int, then multiply those odds by three (roughly speaking).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Derressh - Dreamweaver
    Derressh - Dreamweaver Posts: 806 Arc User
    edited February 2011

Yeah, I seem to recall a sin on Arch that got

Sacrificial Strike
    -0.05 int.
    -0.05 int.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I main a 97 Psy named /\bra. The forums don't like his name.
    So I post on my Barb.
    [On possibly-permanent hiatus]
  • Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
    Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    i just noticed that my fountain wand seems to always get 6 chan so i was wondering if the claws were the same way. So i guess it is not a good idea to quench the claws if u want to stay 5 aps?
    Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
    101 BM (5aps/r9)
    100 Veno (Farmer)
    90 Sin (for goofs)
    75 pys (for info)
  • AuroraTear - Archosaur
    AuroraTear - Archosaur Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    That sin was me... Got it on the very first cast. I was gonna originally reroll till I got God frenzy and -.05. But I think this was far better.

2010-12-3018-51-21.jpg
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    That sin was me... Got it on the very first cast. I was gonna originally reroll till I got God frenzy and -.05. But I think this was far better.

2010-12-3018-51-21.jpg

1 socket b:sad

So I bet you hate killing yourself as much as you have b:chuckle
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• AuroraTear - Archosaur
    AuroraTear - Archosaur Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    1 socket b:sad

So I bet you hate killing yourself as much as you have b:chuckle

b:surrender Before I forged.. I had 2 drakes in my TT100.... Sac has never killed me. Not even close so long as BP is on. Sac killing ppl is a total rumor.
  • Maragon - Dreamweaver
    Maragon - Dreamweaver Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »
    If the odds of getting -0.05 int are 5% per addon (1 in 20 odds), then you have a 1 in 200 odds of getting -.1 int, and there's a 0.0125% chance, or 1 in 8,000 odds, of getting -0.15 int.

If you meant there's a 5% overall chance of getting -0.05 int, then multiply those odds by three (roughly speaking).

assume its a typo but if getting 1 is 5% thats 1 in 20 and 2x .05 int would then be 1 in 400.

also Nirvana always has a unique addon none of which are interval so you will never get a 3rd -.05 int bonus.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sangodoc wrote: »

It's 5% chance to get -0.05 int per normal add-on "slot".

And as Maragon already mentioned, there's always an unique add-on that is never -int.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • ManeK - Harshlands
    ManeK - Harshlands Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    why oh why spend so much?
    Level 100 Blademaster - Diverse (Harshlands)
    Level 97 Cleric - ManeK (Harshlands)
    Level 91 Wizard - lnnocent (Harshlands)
    Level 86 Archer - AimLow (Harshlands)

May The Force Not Be With You!! b:victoryb:laugh
  • sangodoc
    sangodoc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    assume its a typo but if getting 1 is 5% thats 1 in 20 and 2x .05 int would then be 1 in 400.

also Nirvana always has a unique addon none of which are interval so you will never get a 3rd -.05 int bonus.
    Ah, I thought it was 3 normal addons plus the unique addon, hence my 1 in 200 odds.

Thanks for the correction.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit the PWI wiki for the useful information. Stay at the PWI wiki for the pie. ;-)
  • Twsted - Raging Tide
    Twsted - Raging Tide Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    b:surrender Before I forged.. I had 2 drakes in my TT100.... Sac has never killed me. Not even close so long as BP is on. Sac killing ppl is a total rumor.

lol i saw a sin with r9 dags **** himself on the GBA boss.
    is it jus me or does every thread turn into a flame thread at some point? wheres the love?? b:cry
    WTF is a gank? -_- its called pvp
  • wnight
    wnight Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    "Sacrificial Strike never kills" True indeed , many barbs use that trick at Djiin Screamer
    The problem arise when you heal yourself(aka versa BP) or healed by other source and reach those 5% of HP which required for proc you INDEED F... yourself like mentioned in example with R9 Sin.
    b:cute
  • Jhalil - Heavens Tear
    Jhalil - Heavens Tear Posts: 865 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    Sac strike can not kill you, literally. It might lower your HP and incoming damage will kill you, but if your HP is less than the 5% needed to land a sac. strike. It will not activate. Friend of mine on his assassin with zerk fists at perma 5 APS tried it in TT on the invisible pillar, his HP drained almost..instantly but after it reaches below 5% of his max HP, it stops activating.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Still trying to move your cursor, eh?
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2011
    Sac strike can not kill you, literally. It might lower your HP and incoming damage will kill you, but if your HP is less than the 5% needed to land a sac. strike. It will not activate. Friend of mine on his assassin with zerk fists at perma 5 APS tried it in TT on the invisible pillar, his HP drained almost..instantly but after it reaches below 5% of his max HP, it stops activating.

No, but it does indirectly. I don't know many people that can do any serious instances staying at 1-2k hp do you? I don't care if it wont activate past 5% hp, but if you're only at 5% hp you're screwed in the first place. Sac is generally a bad idea for any -int char over 3.33. For pk it's awesome, but anything else it's horrible.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited February 2011
    For sins the rate at which you lose HP from sac strike/gof should pretty much always be less than the rate hp is gained from BP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html