Market Saturation Decay Rate

Options
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
edited January 2011 in General Discussion
In your experience, how long does it take for an item to reach its original Boutique Shop price after a sale on that item ends?

Currently, I am possession of a few thousand Source of Force and Phoenix Feathers. I am wondering when I should resell them, and for how much at that particular time I sell them.
Post edited by Elenacostel - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Some never do. It's usually **** like flying mounts that never full reach their boutique value again. It's like a semi-permanent depreciation.

However, SOF/PF is highly elastic, right now being the "sell" price, whereas during the sale as the "buy" price. I've even seen some SOF/PF (presuming you're merching on HT) in numerous catshops between 15-22K, whereas during the sale it was 7-9K.

Venos are eating up SOF/PF like candy so you should get a good price. And more hilariously, I bought a Claw scroll days ago for 15m and one in the AH in a bidding war went to a nutcase @ 42m.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Some never do. It's usually **** like flying mounts that never full reach their boutique value again. It's like a semi-permanent depreciation.

Perhaps I should have clarified that I am intelligent enough to not invest in mounts, flying mounts, and fashion.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    Perhaps I should have clarified that I am intelligent enough to not invest in mounts, flying mounts, and fashion.

i invested 1mio coins in a 2.5 flymount 2years ago, guess what? b:laugh

trying to sell sof/nix feathers when mystics coming out in ~2months and at first sight they and their summons seem to be better than veno?
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
    edited January 2011
    Options
    i invested 1mio coins in a 2.5 flymount 2years ago, guess what? b:laugh

For how much does that mount go, now? 10m? 20m? 30m?

That would imply the initial 1m investment has a return value of 10m-30m over the course of 2 years. That's too slow of a return for me.
    trying to sell sof/nix feathers when mystics coming out in ~2months and at first sight they and their summons seem to be better than veno?

I believe I'd rather sell at a lower price so I can re-invest in something else for a faster return, instead of letting the good sit there and slowly appreciate.
  • Regenbogen - Lost City
    Regenbogen - Lost City Posts: 1,559 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    For how much does that mount go, now? 10m? 20m? 30m?

That would imply the initial 1m investment has a return value of 10m-30m over the course of 2 years. That's too slow of a return for me.

I believe I'd rather sell at a lower price so I can re-invest in something else for a faster return, instead of letting the good sit there and slowly appreciate.

~10m i think but i still use it myself...i like its color...b:surrender

just saying there might be a lot of venomancers just rerolling a mystic instead of buying a cs pet...b:bye
    i am waiting for you my little flagcarriers b:kiss
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My general strategy is to target having your inventory sold off about 3 weeks after the sale ends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited January 2011
    Options
    My general strategy is to target having your inventory sold off about 3 weeks after the sale ends.

Darn, I was hoping for less than 1 week.

My thanx for the information, everyone.