Graphics Issue for the hundredth time.

Sun_Burn - Lost City
Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
edited January 2011 in Support Desk
I've recently upgraded my graphics card from:

NVIDIA 8600GT

to:

NVIDIA GeForce 450 GTS

I did this because pwi has said to many people I guess, that most of the time its the graphics cards' fault and not pwi's fault. But I've roamed around tech support quite a few times and noticed it looked like they are blaming all the top end cards.. ATI.. NVIDIA.. etc.

Now there is no reason that a 450GTS should be experiencing any problems, the only thing it did for me is allow me to play with highest water setting. However Terrain on high knocks my fps to 10-15 in non crowded areas.

Also, things semi disappear, like my mount/ weapon.

Picture here -> http://img291.imageshack.us/i/mountglitch.png/

Computer Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium 32 Bit
3GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450
Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 @ 2.2Ghz
Power Supply 700W
DirectX 11

So anyways... would love to hear why I can run all other high graphic games on highest flawlessly, (StarCraft 2 on highest settings runs around 60fps, Crysis around 50-60fps on highest) but for some reason pwi always has issues no matter what cards people are using.

If you blame a certain video card is to blame, and the user (me) actually believes your words and upgrades, and the game still doesn't work to the users' preference, don't you think that's a little bs? I'd feel like I wasted money if I only played PWI.
Post edited by Sun_Burn - Lost City on

Comments

• LionHit - Harshlands
    LionHit - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The problem isn't your video card becouse, i have a GT8600 to. The problem is in the PWI setteings try on a lower resoulution like instead of 1280X1024 try 800X600 1s.
    if this doesnt work than post in here again.
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I upgraded from a 8600 -> a 450

I have 450GTS now, not the 8600. It greatly improved my other games, however pwi once again is the only one left having issues.
  • LionHit - Harshlands
    LionHit - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Did u fully update ur video card??? And did u try playing on lower resolution??
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited January 2011
    I have a 23 inch wide screen, most of the other resolutions make my game look fuzzy to me, I'm on the recommended resolution which is 1920 x 1080 (which is also the resolution I play my other games on)

and yes my card is up to date

The point is, if I can run other games on these settings, why should I have to lower settings on pwi to make it run smoothly. PWI by no means compares to the demand of my GPU that my other games do. It shouldn't even be an issue. It would be wonderful if pwi would just come out and say they can't fix the problems instead of having people go on wild goose chases upgrading their pc only to find out it still doesn't work to their expectations.
  • Thoragor - Sanctuary
    Thoragor - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    went from a 8800GT 512M to a GTX460 768M. All other games have a noticeable improvement. PWI, no change at all.

Have to remember, the engine isn't even designed to run on a multi-core processor. It really can't deal with the newer cards well and shows little improvement until you get over 1GB on the graphics card.
  • Rygatto - Sanctuary
    Rygatto - Sanctuary Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Yup, when I jump in the water, my assassin suddenly loses his pants....it gets pretty annoying...using a 240 gt btw...
  • Winddagger - Harshlands
    Winddagger - Harshlands Posts: 224 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Main Issue on this event is usually the following 3 issues

Lower Dated Visual Effects card
    Digital3D graphic Card

and as what you all stated before

450GTS

Alot of people have these issue's with the game..

I do as well, I tryed to get a program that would fix the glitch on my laptop but I gave up due to the reason that..

The graphical issue was only minor ...is i moved my cursor and rotated behind a waterfall i see my Bm without pants.

anyways Any update may infact make your program worse.

What I suggest is if a GM can Tell us what is the inital Program that is used for graphical interface so that We can have a Good idea how to customize our laptops or computers to get a pleasant gaming experience.

other then that, just ignore my post xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Roar of the dragon, burning with my soul
    Shall hear the tremor and fear in the shadows
    Let my darkness of my heart consume you all
    Your insanity is my sanity, let it eat away at your soul
    The blitz of the firery night ...