WIz vs. 2011

Comments

• Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    No one will be replaced from this expansion it just gives players more options on who they can take for there squad i do not see why so many people QQ about the new race so much b4 it has even came out b:surrender
    Because they knew what happened after tideborns went out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @Roin

lol who would take a slow and low hitting wizard over a fast and higher hitting seeker?

u know the seekers "DB" got weapon dmg bonus on his skill, we wizards dont.... + seeker hits twice in the time wizards hits once... + since seeker is melee class i bet bloodpaint will work on him and he is prolly heavy armor meaning he aint as squishy as us wizards. now would u take a wizard for rb over a seeker?
  • Sereneai - Dreamweaver
    Sereneai - Dreamweaver Posts: 351 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    As i watched some videos on the mystic ... I see the end of old school PWI characters... Mystic is a combination of soooo many characters .. that .. wizzard is totaly lost... mystic will tkae clerics place too and somehow venos one too >.< In one word mystic is the doom for many players!!

it takes about half of their MP to summon and operate their "pets" (from what i've seen in vids). how are they supposed to pull like that? no, veno=win here.
    did i mention that venos can pass sparks? i don't think mystics can.

clerics-i don't think that a full healing class can be replaced with a hybrid one -_-

wizzys- we'll see. i have only one med-high lvl wizzy in my fac, but he's freaking awesome to have in squad.

call me old school, but having a sin main now, i STILL would rather have cleric+barb+veno+DDs(any class) as a squad. i also would rather squad with a wiz than a sin >.>
    Things said during a Twizted faction PK session:
    Slayer_of_Souls: you guys are such suck ups. none of you have attacked twid.
    Twiddzly(fac leader): no, sere killed me already.
    Slayer_of_Souls: he's out there waiting for us, isn't he. i'm gonna die.
    Sereneai: b:sin why don't you come find out.
    Kinglkaruga: you go first dule.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    When I joined pwi long ago, it was all about "a perfect balance" between classes. Yeah sure, venos were able to solo some of their FBs, tilting the balance a bit, but it wasn't this bad.

I am a bit confused here, I think.

I remember people complaining about Jones Blessings, a certain cash shopper with highly refined gear, and some other stuff like that and I am trying to remember this golden age of perfect balance.

So far, I am failing. Can you tell me when this was?
    edited January 2011
    I am a bit confused here, I think.

I remember people complaining about Jones Blessings, a certain cash shopper with highly refined gear, and some other stuff like that and I am trying to remember this golden age of perfect balance.

So far, I am failing. Can you tell me when this was?

It was around 1 and 3/4 year back. Before packs, before tideborns, when gold was 130K.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhugiga - Dreamweaver
    Rhugiga - Dreamweaver Posts: 46 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    @Roin

lol who would take a slow and low hitting wizard over a fast and higher hitting seeker?

u know the seekers "DB" got weapon dmg bonus on his skill, we wizards dont.... + seeker hits twice in the time wizards hits once... + since seeker is melee class i bet bloodpaint will work on him and he is prolly heavy armor meaning he aint as squishy as us wizards. now would u take a wizard for rb over a seeker?

alot of people seem to be saying this ONE skill is going to do all the replacing. but you have to realize not even PW would give that aoe the same damage as DB. not only that but im sure they cant have it up for nearly as long as a wiz can have db up, withought using pots (cant confirm this since i have yet to see a vid that shows the player's mana while the skill is being used)

and if you look at it for PvP and TW wiz will easily beat seekers anyday. seekers use HA and attack with mag, wiz have more mag resistance and hit hard on HA users.
  • Klavdian - Sanctuary
    Klavdian - Sanctuary Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    depends really... 80% of the players play this game to achieve something in terms of gameplay as in " be good in pvp" " be wanted in squads" " be wanted in instances" and so on... and when you see that one class, in our case the sin , can take care of so many roles in a squad, then yes...those people would be mad and reroll that specific class. In my case, i'm part of the 20% of the players who just don't care about all of this.. i just want to have fun with my friends who fortunatly have the same idea about the game.. i don't care about being wanted in squads , instances etc..i just wanna relax playing the class that i enjoy the most. Sure it will be hard to get good gear without a bit of cash shop or run a few instances but as long as you're doing ( playing) what you like you can achieve anything with a bit of patience and the right helpb:victory
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    depends really... 80% of the players play this game to achieve something in terms of gameplay as in " be good in pvp" " be wanted in squads" " be wanted in instances" and so on... and when you see that one class, in our case the sin , can take care of so many roles in a squad, then yes...those people would be mad and reroll that specific class. In my case, i'm part of the 20% of the players who just don't care about all of this.. i just want to have fun with my friends who fortunatly have the same idea about the game.. i don't care about being wanted in squads , instances etc..i just wanna relax playing the class that i enjoy the most. Sure it will be hard to get good gear without a bit of cash shop or run a few instances but as long as you're doing ( playing) what you like you can achieve anything with a bit of patience and the right helpb:victory

thats a really good attitude to have, unfortunately I'm part of the other 80% that wants to be useful for something.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear
    BloodyVampie - Heavens Tear Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    alot of people seem to be saying this ONE skill is going to do all the replacing. but you have to realize not even PW would give that aoe the same damage as DB. not only that but im sure they cant have it up for nearly as long as a wiz can have db up, withought using pots (cant confirm this since i have yet to see a vid that shows the player's mana while the skill is being used)

and if you look at it for PvP and TW wiz will easily beat seekers anyday. seekers use HA and attack with mag, wiz have more mag resistance and hit hard on HA users.

ehm u do know u get mana auras in RBs right? and if lvl 2 mana aura is enough for a barrage at lvl 10 for an archer (with max mp 2k ) i bet it will keep up that aoe too. Mana consume is no point if u talk about not replacing anything. so far if u have seen the seeker in that video wasnt lvl 75 yet to use those 5 k mana pots and was still able to keep it up for a pretty long time - so no point here.

next thing is, doesnt matter the damage, it only needs to be hitting slightly more than half the dmg wizards r doing, and u can be pretty sure just the part " + xx(x) % of weapon dmg " will get close to half the dmg.

for the TW yes u might be right here. and that is the only real option that is left for a wizard, and thanks to the TW reward nerf, who would really be interested in TW anymore?

no thanks wizards r going to die out now.
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i really like the attitude you have but im with Adroit every class needs to have a fix role in the game where it is best. Personally im a bit pissed because i really would like to explore all the PVE content in the game but i already know that it wont be easy for me to get into certain instances like Nirvana or Lunar. I dont want other people to invite me only to their squad as an act of generosity because my class lacks totally in effectiveness

greetz harm0wnie
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    i really like the attitude you have but im with Adroit every class needs to have a fix role in the game where it is best. Personally im a bit pissed because i really would like to explore all the PVE content in the game but i already know that it wont be easy for me to get into certain instances like Nirvana or Lunar. I dont want other people to invite me only to their squad as an act of generosity because my class lacks totally in effectiveness

greetz harm0wnie

wiz/psys can get in lunar squads due to some aoe and bosses that it's easier to hit from range

ofc nobody does lunar due to the entry fee and the not so great profit (nirvana is better, even for a non-5aps squad)
  • HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver
    HarmOwnie - Dreamweaver Posts: 574 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    wiz/psys can get in lunar squads due to some aoe and bosses that it's easier to hit from range

ofc nobody does lunar due to the entry fee and the not so great profit (nirvana is better, even for a non-5aps squad)
    I know it's possible but wiz/psy are normally not included in the standard squad setting of a nirvana run.
    I know nobody is doing Lunar because the farming of lunar gear is hardly worth it due to the fee but i still want to do it even if that means i have to save up 3mil to pay for the entrance

greetz harm0wnie
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited January 2011

One thing is certain - I'm not going to stop playing my blademaster.

Your post made for a very interesting read til I got to this part.

Of course you wont stop playing your bandwagonmaster >>.
  • kilgorreptor
    kilgorreptor Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    Im sorry that wizzes be replaced, this is my first in PW. It was hard to make till here, but u all know this :) Well get 2 outstanding race. So cool. Since sins are in, u can just read, 5aps for FF/BH/NIRVANA ets...
    This is a big shame, that the most powerfull DDs become usefull...
    Ill play wizz anyway this is the beat :)
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    Mizuoni - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,533 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    The one thing I like about Forsaken World is this:

every class can contribute something to an instance.
    I look forward to how PWI will handle future expansions. From the updates I been reading, this game is becoming more like FW. The seeker is almost an exact copy of the warrior on Forsaken World.
    Sins are Scissors. Psychics are Rocks.
    Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper.
    ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE. -cheze
  • Ursa - Dreamweaver
    Ursa - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,634 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mizou, you're playing FW? lucky sob.
    I didn't got in...even if I subscribe for it about 1yr ago...b:angry

~I listen to hardcore FIGHT songs when I visit the forum, just to get into the proper mood~

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MageFizban - Lost City
    MageFizban - Lost City Posts: 1,158 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    mizou, you're playing FW? lucky sob.
    I didn't got in...even if I subscribe for it about 1yr ago...b:angry

ew only noobs play FW. got a beta key in phase 1. dl'd and just deleted the installer bc it seemed like a total ripoff of [insert name of a much more successful/famous mmo than pwi].

even the human racial and some skills were DIRECT knock offs. wasn't gonna play a pwe (read cash shop) version of a subscription game that i didn't like in the first place
    edited January 2011
    The one thing I like about Forsaken World is this:

every class can contribute something to an instance.
    I look forward to how PWI will handle future expansions. From the updates I been reading, this game is becoming more like FW. The seeker is almost an exact copy of the warrior on Forsaken World.

Actually same was PWI 2 years ago. And what happened? Write down my words: "it will happen sooner or later to FW for sure". It's the same company and this is their business model. They will do same thing as they doing to PWI.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Actually same was PWI 2 years ago. And what happened? Write down my words: "it will happen sooner or later to FW for sure". It's the same company and this is their business model. They will do same thing as they doing to PWI.

No, 2 years ago you still had wizards complaining about not getting squads.

For example, in FW every instance has TONS of mobs. Best way to get through is to aoe them down. The two aoe classes mage/burst tree marksmen are your choice to take. If you bring a marksmen, they are squishy and die fast but do good damage. Bring a mage, they deals decent damage but are able to handle themselves if they get too much aggro. Things like that.

@thanos there are [insert certain MMO] players on FW that like FW better than that certain MMO.
    Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited January 2011

You should maybe talk with PrettySammy about how wizards can be effective in Lunar Glade.
    edited January 2011

For example, in FW every instance has TONS of mobs. Best way to get through is to aoe them down. The two aoe classes mage/burst tree marksmen are your choice to take. If you bring a marksmen, they are squishy and die fast but do good damage. Bring a mage, they deals decent damage but are able to handle themselves if they get too much aggro. Things like that.

@thanos there are [insert certain MMO] players on FW that like FW better than that certain MMO.

Maybe yes, but certainly it wasn't so bad as is today. Main problem was in TT where wizard get always last pick, but it was much better, than today.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    Maybe yes, but certainly it wasn't so bad as is today. Main problem was in TT where wizard get always last pick, but it was much better, than today.

thats the thing, In FW, you will NEED a mage or a marksmen for ALL gear instances. Then there are so few marksmen, mages are a huge priority.
    edited January 2011

thanos there are [insert certain MMO] players on FW that like FW better than that certain MMO.

wait what? i think u confuse me with MageFizbanb:avoid
    ew only noobs play FW. got a beta key in phase 1. dl'd and just deleted the installer bc it seemed like a total ripoff of [insert name of a much more successful/famous mmo than pwi].
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    wait what? i think u confuse me with MageFizbanb:avoid

SHUT UP FISHIE!
    b:cry
    edited January 2011
    SHUT UP FISHIE!
    b:cry

*fries miz* yum!
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    *fries miz* yum!

my sin stealth level is 103 you can't see me!
    edited January 2011
    my sin stealth level is 103 you can't see me!

who cares about ur sin, i want wizzy flesh b:nosebleed
  • Mizuoni - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2011
    who cares about ur sin, i want wizzy flesh b:nosebleed

kinky
  • princecpike
    princecpike Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    unbalancing classes just ruins the game! However i saw mystic skills i luv this class imma 200% make 1 :P has heals+ pets+ debuffs+ nice attack ( between cleric and veno ) seems OP lol Oh and they have a skill which seems they borrowed from assassins (= making them take 1 damage but with much higher rate than sins) only thing i have to say is LOL why mixing the classes? mystic seems VERY COOL i saw it... but hope wont make game worse.. im not hater im a huge fan especially of mage classes and mysticish type xD i think it will be nice for squads have a mystic. why? saves a party when gtting wiped with PROACTIVE rez. it saves more exp loss as well :) ( except from demon-sage cleric rez) but who knows maybe demon-sage mystic will do the same ^^ ... just thinking.. since wizes have highest attack they should be more ingame :( guess its just because its soo hard to play at low lvs most ppl quit.. ( like i did when heard about genesis XD) lolz
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited January 2011
    NOTE: No GM or board mod has said a god damn thing.

Reroll peeps, Wizzies are ****** useless.
This discussion has been closed.