Your Reason for leveling?

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Just a curious question. Was very gradually working on getting more uncannies for my nirvana pants and it just occurred to me I really wasn't sure what I was putting all this work in for.

Basically I don't PK, TW is on far too late for me. And I already get access to any instance I like with 3 aps. Adding the extra aps and a few k extra HP really has no benefit whatsoever except the occasional "nice gear seph" ego boosting comments and dropping a boss a little faster. All the big feats like +12 weapon and 5.0 and soloing instances and wb's has already been done a million times over by cash shoppers and no matter what you do ingame, it wont impress anyone, nor will anyone see it as an achievement.

So question for everyone else is, from an endgame perspective, once you've finally finished your final goals... What do you see yourself working towards and what do you feel will be the things that will make all that work completely worth it in the end?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So question for everyone else is, from an endgame perspective, once you've finally finished your final goals... What do you see yourself working towards and what do you feel will be the things that will make all that work completely worth it in the end?

There is no feeling of accomplishment at the end. Mostly just an anti-climactic... 'WTF, this is all that's left' (to farm Nirvana and 3-3 endlessly)?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • prof
    prof Posts: 1,111
    edited December 2010
    Options
    you don't do 3-2? i've always farmed emperor more than anything.

reason for leveling:

i leveled because i want to pk and tw. you can do it at lower levels, sure, but not once you've tasted end game. also, my main being a mage, levels are everything. we get far more damage out of our int than you wrs get out of str. we need levels.

i have no finished goals, unless i completely +12 my entire set. i'm currently working to +12 my nirvana glavie, and then buying stones for it. after that, i'm going to sit my hot-*** outside of west archosaur and kill everything that moves.
  • Evict - Harshlands
    Evict - Harshlands Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options

My endgame on Sin was 2.2 aps. I'm now leveling a cleric. :)
    Quote - Born_Free - Harshlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Except me. b:chuckle
    edited December 2010
    Options
    prof wrote: »
    you don't do 3-2? i've always farmed emperor more than anything.

reason for leveling:

i leveled because i want to pk and tw. you can do it at lower levels, sure, but not once you've tasted end game. also, my main being a mage, levels are everything. we get far more damage out of our int than you wrs get out of str. we need levels.

i have no finished goals, unless i completely +12 my entire set. i'm currently working to +12 my nirvana glavie, and then buying stones for it. after that, i'm going to sit my hot-*** outside of west archosaur and kill everything that moves.

Yeah, I do 3-2 sometimes. I'm pretty farmed out though. Dark said he didn't TW or PK, so once you hit end-game, all that's left is to farm until your fingers bleed. And then farm more. And then farm some more until you don't want to farm any more. Then farm a little more. Oh, and BH. BH can be a nice distraction.

I guess some people have fun in rerolling and starting from the beginning again. To me, that's kinda like re-reading a kinda bad book upside down. Well, you already read it, but it could be more challenging if you read it sideways or upside down. That doesn't mean it will be much different.

Once you've done 1-19 for each race and hit 100+, there isn't really much left... except to TW, PK and farm.

Oh, I still enjoy doing full Deltas. And Celestial Tiger. PK Tourney. But it doesn't sound like he's on for any of that.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    going to 100 for 5 aps because well... been working on making a int based fist since before packs and would be nice to hit the cap before i quit

101 for CE on my geni

then will either get my wizzie to -68% chan make a demon r 9 psy or upgrade the bm or...quit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Now THAT is the big problem when facing "endgame" : what's next.

A LOT of people are facing or will face "endgame" very soon (within months). What will they do next when they have all their gear with or without paying craploads of cash for it.

I play different toons of different levels. I tried all classes out to some point, and the ones that remain are my favorites so far (cleric/sin/psy).

IF i ever reach close to "endgame" i will probably not have all the Ubergear i want, which i don't only find expensive but unneccesary. But i can always switch to one of my other toons.

The way i see it, is that it's not my goal reaching endgame. I want to have fun getting up there, and it will take me a LONG time to get there seeing i don't do FC's and BH's and what not. It's fun to lvl and getting new skills, but it's equally fun to try things out that people say can't be done. Like soloing a TT you're not supposed to at that lvl, or doing BH runs in a record time or whatever that gives me a kick when i can say "Yay, i did it !"

When you look at your char selection screen and can see several toons there well equipped for their level (no matter what lvl they are), having the best possible gear "you can afford" (not paying thousands of dollars/euros), and knowing you got them there trough hard work, dedication, and having FUN playing them, THAT's when i'm feeling good. And i don't need "endgame +12" for that.

As for TW (i'm not on pkserver), i get more satisfaction killing a higher lvld player then i would having a lvl 105 Uber nirvana+12 5.0APS rank9 who can 1 shot anything moving.
    Having such an Ubergeared toon is like saying "i play every fps in Godmode". where's the fun in that ? Once you reach that kind of endgame with a toon there's no more challenge except for the other morons who spend thousands on a game, lmao.

Also, a lot of people eagerly await the new classes. Most want to try out something new, see if it's FUN, and then lvl that one up again.

Reasons for levelling ? No.(it's made real easy) Reasons for playing ? Yes, Fun.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Me endgame isnt about gear or weapons its about the lvl..lvl 100 is endgame for me.Not as in stop playing but rolling another alt to get to 100 and learning another class.Learning other classes helps give me knowledge and that can help with others who needs info on a toon or you can help a squad mate out and predict whats going to happen in a squad.I like to have goal and intrest to keep me going because if it was only one toon..i would have quit this game a year ago just for the fact of the rinse and repeat that mmo's give.

Im sure soon you will see this toon here 90+ but untill then my archer has 5 more lvls to go before i fully bring this one about..so to keep my intrest in moving forward on this i have already bought certain gears/weapons for itb:victory
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My reason for leveling my veno was just to catch up to my friends, so we could all do the same things together.

My reason for leveling my cleric...? I have no idea, lol. I just play her when I need a break from my veno, so she levels pretty slowly.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You do what every game does endgame you farm things you grind t hings (like a popular MMO that will go unnamed, people either PVP or Reputation Grind) and as far as anything else .. hmmm... I re-rolled toons and worked on a different build. And I am just waiting for new content, eventually it will come, as MMOs don't HAVE an "end-Game" until they stop producing content and what not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PvP is the only endgame option...

I never understood people that played a game, worked so hard for gear and levels, just so they could kill predictable NPCs over and over again...

I enjoy rerolling to experience PvP on different toons through different eyes.
    Leveling my barb to 70 atm, then once he's lvl 90 or so, I plan on rerolling a sin on a PvP server.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PvP is the only endgame option...

I never understood people that played a game, worked so hard for gear and levels, just so they could kill predictable NPCs over and over again...

Wow, you actually said something sensible for a change. Who woulda thunk that? :P

You can only play a game for so long until it's really over for you. Rolling a new toon? Why? To kill the same mobs in the same locations just using a different skillset? Well, I've done that... I have a 90 veno, 7x archer, 5x mage that I leveled the old fashioned way... I don't even need to autopath to quest mobs, I already know where they are. So the game becomes not a game but a distraction to eat time away. PvP when it's there, TW and if you want... keep farming for refines or gear which is now more cost effective to cash shop than to actually farm. All of the long term goals that would have been worthy to persue have been put in the cash shop. Why bother spending hundreds or thousands of hours to farm something when you can just buy it with a couple of bucks.

F2P games should definitely give cash shoppers some nice perks, but they shouldn't hand everything to them on a silver platter while making things even more difficult to obtain unless you spend cash. That's not player friendly, that's just greed no matter which way you look at it.

And, there isn't anything wrong with wanting or needing to make a profit, but to destroy the playability of a game just for the sake of making money makes this less of a game and more of a hobby.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have no reason for leveling. I have a reason for playing.
  • Ivy_ - Dreamweaver
    Ivy_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My endgame kinda abruptly stopped on not one, but two characters.

On Destini, got to 101, was farming 3-3, and then I thought it was hard to get TT99 (yeah, before the great 3-3 nerf of 2010), so I quit farming for TT99 outside of my weapon, did Nirvana and sold the uncannies (didn't have armor to Nirvana) and was keeping raptures in the event that I wanted to nirvana my weapon. Well, all the while, I was leveling this character and was getting her all geared up. I literally farmed all of my TT90 gear again (even though I didn't need to).

Once I hit 9x, I did the 3-2's and 3-3's for ****s and giggles. I ended up deciding on TT99 on my psy because I ended up liking her a lot more than I thought I would. I decided on a Nirvana/r8 goal on the psy. Well, I reached rank 8 (as did like 46296329564 other psys in the game now--kinda disappointed about that, but I did reach it with minimal charging), and I have a pair of Nirvana pants that was purely farmed (some uncannies bought/borrowed). However, because both of my 100+ characters aren't aps (and yes, I have an aps fiance, but 3.33 isn't good enough for most squads anymore), I can't exactly farm Nirvana like everyone else. So the odds of me getting anything else Nirvanaed or getting a cube neck are slim to nil.

I used to TW on my psychic and I dabble in PK once every 6 months. Since I can't TW on her in the foreseeable future (long story), I've pondered my reasons for leveling past 100, or even logging into this game for that matter. Which sucks because I don't mind the endless farming as long as it gets me somewhere, but at this point, I'm kinda stuck on all fronts. b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Better known as Destini, also known as _Yvi.

ty Nowitsawn. :D

I dunno if I'm coming or going some days...b:shocked
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I lvl just cus its all a mage can do
    we all out of jobs ya know :P
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Wow, you actually said something sensible for a change. Who woulda thunk that? :P

Wow, you actually agreed with something I said for a change. Nobody but nobody woulda thunk that b:shocked

Rolling a new toon? Why?

As I stated earlier, I like trying PvP with different characters. You can't tell me that PvP with a bm was anything like PvP with your veno. Completely different stragedies for them.

On a side note- laughed my *** off thinking about some poor unsuspecting guy trying to hit on you because he wasn't aware of the "95% of Venos are Guys" law b:chuckle
    I'm sure you gave him a piece of your mind lmao
    I lvl just cus its all a mage can do
    we all out of jobs ya know :P

Lmao that is so damn true it isn't even funny (yet I still laugh <.<). FC is the only instance we're wanted for because of Dragons Breath, otherwise we're worthless b:sad
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Why I lvl? Because I want to explore every last bit of the map still (yeh I'm lvl 85 so still got some to explore)

Yeh at endgame all you can really do is farm I gues. I myself don't really set goals like at endgame I want that armour and I want to +12 it etc.
    hell at this moment my goal is getting lvl 89, going demon and farm my TT90 armour x__X

I don't even really think about what the hell am I going to do endgame... I'm possibly one of the slowest lvlers on the servers and only do bh if I have enough mats to make the wines so I can get some cash out of it...

Never looking for fcc squads, just run along sometimes if friends ask me to join. I'm in a friendly and helpfull faction on the other hand and love helping ppl out. And I know I will love to continue doing so :)

Reasons to lvl? not many. Reasons to play? a lot :)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • KuiXing - Harshlands
    KuiXing - Harshlands Posts: 1,084 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Only reason i really lvl is to keep up with my friends, pvp, and bc my hubby wanted me to lvl so we could possibly run stuff together. But those are more reason to play, I dont lvl bc I want to, I lvl bc I have to. To keep up with my friends. Ive been playing for a year and a half now, and this is my highest lvl char. I dont rly care about, else i would be 101 or 102 by now.

So,

Reasons for lvling? None. Reasons for playing? Lots.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I have the best mom ever, she brought me drugs and fruit juice - Reavღ
    Challenge accepted I'm going to go blow up the sun - FanFon
    Those crabs are like the Energizer Bunny, they just keep going and going and going... - Wildsblade
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To make people believe that I know something about the game since I'm level 100. b:chuckle

Seriously, I find leveling so much fun. I do it pretty slowly (been 92 for some weeks now) though. Also, when I hit 98 I will be able to equips all of my endgame armors and weapons. If I didn't PK, I'm not too sure why would I work for better equips.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Aio - Lost City
    Aio - Lost City Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To make people believe that I know something about the game since I'm level 100. b:chuckle

To be frankly honest... A level one character that is played by someone who never played this game before probably knows more then a lot of level 100's now so that honestly means nothing...
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    To be frankly honest... A level one character that is played by someone who never played this game before probably knows more then a lot of level 100's now so that honestly means nothing...

I know, that was sarcasm. b:chuckle
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Healforwimps - Heavens Tear
    Healforwimps - Heavens Tear Posts: 152 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    If the pvp in this game was actually good..and it is clearly not,standing still more than you move,hitting the same predictable skills over and over,going into group fights with a 50/50 chance of lagging uncontrollably and dieing or just falling asleep from boredom doesn't appeal to me...so my endgame came and gone,rerolling a cleric and just learning how to play new classes is fun for a while...wears off though.

I just lvl stuff because it kills time.

Got depressed after writing that too >.>

EDIT not to mention the pvp aspect has been thrown totally out of balance in the last year,you can say its a challenge to go fight someone a few lvls higher,but when all you seem to come up against is cash shoppers these days,why even bother,f it ya know.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    As I stated earlier, I like trying PvP with different characters. You can't tell me that PvP with a bm was anything like PvP with your veno. Completely different stragedies for them.

On a side note- laughed my *** off thinking about some poor unsuspecting guy trying to hit on you because he wasn't aware of the "95% of Venos are Guys" law b:chuckle
    I'm sure you gave him a piece of your mind lmao

lol. I actually had a stalker on my veno. Just some random guy that would constantly PM me after I RPK'd him once. I think he liked my name :p

Every time I logged in, would be a matter of minutes or seconds and he would say Hi and banter on... I would just log off. I had nobody on my FL so he must have sit there and messaged me all the time while I was offline. Creeeeepy.
  • Rice_hero - Lost City
    Rice_hero - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    My end game is pretty much almost a reality. I'm not gonna waste time becoming a no life hardcore gamer w/ goals of r.9 or all +10~12 gears. My very first character I made was a super fail bm that I managed to get to lvl 25 w/ crappy build stats & gears because I was a total noob back then. I started playing seriously when the Tide born expansion started mainly to catch up to the person who got me to start playing. I wanted to do something that she enjoyed doing too because she meant a lot to me. lol, anyways. I didn't do frost till lvl 89 on my sin so I actually learned everything there is to know about playing my class =) but there was bh to help out. Now, I have NV Daggers 1st cast w/ 4.0 aps atm, with so many 2x lately I'll be 5.0 very soon. to do what? farm more? sin's are awesome @ both pvp & pve but when the main enemy you're up against is always gathered up as a group (group pvp) & most of them have all defense/Vitality stones\12 sec. immune pots not to mention r.8/r.9 +10~12 weapons that can & will "tab, click skill & you die in 3 seconds even with a charm on" the pvp is dead. Honestly, the game was so much more interesting when you're still slowly leveling doing Bounty Hunters or quests each day being clueless to what will happen the next day with different people, becoming friends. If you manage to cash shop all the way to the top or farmed your a$$'s off getting them, gj but remember a game is meant to be fun, but you worked too hard, in fact it's no longer a game, it became a major part of your life. ROFL.

and no I'm not going to +10 all my gears so that I can survive an extra hit from a r.8~r.9 mage/ea w/e, that time farming could be better off spent doing something that actually matters irl while still casually pwning r.8-r.9 people when you want to.

A lot of the endgame people have already quitted or if not, just casually logging in since you don't exactly want all your hard work/ money you've spent to be a waste other than to hang out w/ the friends you've made.

The new expansion does seem a bit interesting though, not saying I'll quit, just not going to be on the game the majority of the day like in the past. lol. Just don't rush lvl your character if you're new to the game, There really is nothing to look forward to. Play the game slowly at your own pace & let it be just a game that you play to kill time.

Play the game, Don't let it play you! ;D Have fun! lol