Sparking + Targeting

Options
Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Archer
This is archer-related, I swear. b:surrender

So as an archer, this is totally not an attempt to make it related, when I spark, I need to double click my target to resume attack. This is annoying on hard-to-target bosses, and pressing TAB doesn't work because TAB doesn't fire shots.

So I tried to make a macro of Spark Burst+ and a normal attack, but as far as I can tell it doesn't appear to work.

Is there a way to make this easier?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mrvate - Heavens Tear
    Mrvate - Heavens Tear Posts: 406 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Press E to open up the actions bar and find the normal attack button, put this onto a hotkey. And press/click that after you spark.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Press E to open up the actions bar and find the normal attack button, but this onto a hotkey. And press/click that after you spark.

This works.

The macro solution is:

Repeat -> Normal Attack -> Spark.

The order matters.
  • Devoted - Lost City
    Devoted - Lost City Posts: 3,634 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    make ur macro something like:

repeat: attack - spark - attack

click macro and afk :D
  • ArchSaber - Sanctuary
    ArchSaber - Sanctuary Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. This is so not archer related.

2. What is a boss that's hard to target?

3. I still don't get how this could happen. I've never had this problem with my archer. I spark and just click the boss once and it works just fine.
    AP classes are a real butt pounding...
  • grimreaperhc
    grimreaperhc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Press E to open up the actions bar and find the normal attack button, put this onto a hotkey. And press/click that after you spark.

That's what I did on all of my characters. It's helpful because after you use some of the skills ( like spark ) your char is stopping the attack and then you just press a key and your attack resumes.
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    1. This is so not archer related.

2. What is a boss that's hard to target?

3. I still don't get how this could happen. I've never had this problem with my archer. I spark and just click the boss once and it works just fine.

Any boss that's small enough to be obscured by the BM and Barbarian in combat is hard to target. I can't think of one off of the top of my head, but it happens to me quite a bit. I'll get back to you on that.

My problem is that I have problems clicking the boss when it's obscured by everything and the kitchen sink. With Sparking interrupting my normal attacks, I need to do that to keep attacking. And I usually have my screen zoomed out and play on a high resolution, so maybe it's more of a problem on my end.

Thank you mrvate, Elena, Grim for solutions. ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
    Sig pic by Nowitsawn
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    repeat -> normal -> spark
    Works well for bows but breaks pretty quickly for fists. To make it claw proof you have to pad it with more normals. Here is what mine looks like and it never breaks

repeat -> normal -> normal -> spark -> normal -> normal

When sparking manually I have normal attack on hotkey 1 and press that in the 3 seconds I am casting spark.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Linkmas - Sanctuary
    Linkmas - Sanctuary Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh oh
    i knew a smal hard to target boss
    farren sentile in fb39 !
    hes small , he uses table tools to attack ! (eatwithspoons idea :P )
    b:laugh b:laugh

oh and btw ~_~ this is not a question to put in the forums b:bye
  • Falcondance - Heavens Tear
    edited December 2010
    Options
    oh oh
    i knew a smal hard to target boss
    farren sentile in fb39 !
    hes small , he uses table tools to attack ! (eatwithspoons idea :P )
    b:laugh b:laugh

oh and btw ~_~ this is not a question to put in the forums b:bye

Why shouldn't I have asked this in the forums? I'm listening.

And yeah, Farren Sereneti is hard to target. So is Noxtouch Culler, as I found today while doing my BH.

Noxtouch isn't a real boss though.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig pic by Nowitsawn