Changing to Demon?

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited August 2011 in General Discussion
So, after getting sick of sage and obtaining enough gear to at least hit 4.0, I decided long ago that switching to demon was the best option. So bought a Chism mold and kept 200 mirages handy and should be lv100 in a few days. However I noticed it said it requires Celestial Sage level of cultivation. Kinda assumed that to be completing fb99, but checked it up on the pw guides and found this.

http://pwi.perfectworld.com/guide/sage_celestial

Is it really true I'm going to have to unlock all maps for OHT and go through multiple runs of RB delta, along with a ton of bosses, simply to switch over to demon? I don't mind having to work for it, but to be frank, I'm in a faction that has every single high level player requiring stage 4 Sori chrono, simply because they don't run delta, ever. They tried a faction BH run once and failed 3 times. No one on sanc runs full deltas anyway, and even if they did, an inexperienced sage axe BM with low -int asking to join is as likely as happening as PW removing the cash shop.

So am I mistaken or is this actually true? =/
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• B_K - Sanctuary
    B_K - Sanctuary Posts: 242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    its trueeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

but ur quite wrong there are many who run full deltas, ive watched a few of my friends make this switch. u just need to find the old lvl 100s none of these sissy fcc babys.

I wish you luck sir :O

also lol look on sanc forums
    http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=947962
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah you need to complete cultivation for third fairy which means unlocking all 4 OTH maps and complete Rebirth a few times including doing wave 4+5. Just getting access to map 4 takes weeks, even months lol.

Think its kinda tricky to get the Rebirth part done, if you're in a smaller faction. Finding right classes, that also are good players and wanna spend 3 hours in a boring instance, is mission impossible. Unless you're in 150-200 ppl faction where everyone is 90-100+, dont get your hopes up on getting it done before 2011. Joining random WC-squads never really works for Rebirth. Those tend to fail at wave 3 or 9 or not even start at all since they cant find a willing barb with half a brain.

Also all your sage skills will get re-set to lvl 10, but its kinda worth it. Good luck :D
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    I actually haven't learned any sage skills, so not much loss really. Been planning to switch since 92, sadly I went sage back in the non-pack days. I guess at this point I have several options.

-Try to encourage faction into starting RB's, join random WC squads, struggle with a lot of failing to get the quests done. Hopefully maybe find some old players who are willing to make a spot for a run or 2.

-Stick with sage. 2.8 to 3.33 sparked attack speed (ew). Pretty much excludes from nirvana, high level BH's and TT's. Sage fist mastery is cheap, but damage wouldn't be worth it.

-Scrap the BM and make another. Several months extra grinding and hyper FCC's for guaranteed 4.0+ without any reliance on other players. Could even continue the lv83 clawbarb I have.

-Scrap PW itself and move to a P2P that because of rules I can't mention, that a large number of rl friends play atm (compared to none in PW)
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yes, here is were my predicament lays. I would be 5.0 if I were demom, but I am sage. I would go demon, but gv and assassins are not a good mix, at all XD
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Key word was "assumed". If you didn't know what a celestial sage or demon was, should have looked it up no?

You have to:

1. Do all your chrono quests to unlock Moonshade. That requires bosses/mobs in OHT, TT, Eden, Brim, Abaddon, SOT, Uni Forest, Scarred, and a cube quest too. (May as well do the Moonshade and TT/RB princess part for the belt while you got this far) -- this requires wave 4, 5, and the last RB for chrono which is the last waves and the Legion Marshal. (Often times people mistakenly call chrono quests a cultivation just because it's yellow'ish, ignore them)

2. Then do your cultivation (presumably after your 2nd stage fairy) once Moonshade is open, which spans a variety of quests that ends up with you finishing off Moonshade quests and getting a final rebirth for your cultivation to kill the latter wave bosses and Legion Marshal, as well as the two Celeslord bosses.

I dunno exactly what it's like on Sanctuary but ppl have been constantly doing full rebirths, you just have to make some friends. Take advantage of the fact that people are collecting tome frags like mad and go do your chrono quests and cultivations.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Oh so switching celestial ranks isn't so easy huh? bummer
    edited December 2010
    It actually is easy, and fun, especially for a veno (mine near celestial sage atm with full RB quests) but I'm going to start another veno to share LA gear w/my sin and archer), since with a herc you can solo pretty much every quest you get from chrono and culti in the chronoworld maps -- but in chrono quests just about everyone will have a near impossible time soloing certain bosses like Taoya. The only PITA part is getting in the squads and with people who know how to run RB's. That's why it helps to have friends who are good players. I've already switched over my cleric from sage to demon, and when getting nirvana legs will likely switch my BM (who is also celestial) from demon to sage.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Key word was "assumed". If you didn't know what a celestial sage or demon was, should have looked it up no?

You got me there, fail on my part. b:surrender

Suppose it really seems to be largely down to who you know. People in large friendly factions that do frequent runs and farm frags have a very easy time, and those who stick in the small inactive factions are pretty much screwed.
    edited December 2010
    Bro, I'm in a faction with only me and my wife and have been for 7 months. I have two celestial fairies, and close to 5 of them. It's not a lot, but hell, two is greater than zero. Just get out there and make some friends. The people I ended up befriending, who helped my wife and I get our celestial fairies, we met them only in a BH RB, and they were very impressed in how I handled RB, mainly on my BM, and I was greatly impressed on how they handled barb/archer.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    It actually is easy, and fun, especially for a veno (mine near celestial sage atm with full RB quests) but I'm going to start another veno to share LA gear w/my sin and archer), since with a herc you can solo pretty much every quest you get from chrono and culti in the chronoworld maps -- but in chrono quests just about everyone will have a near impossible time soloing certain bosses like Taoya. The only PITA part is getting in the squads and with people who know how to run RB's. That's why it helps to have friends who are good players. I've already switched over my cleric from sage to demon, and when getting nirvana legs will likely switch my BM (who is also celestial) from demon to sage.
    You were getting my hopes up til I got to the part about rb haha.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Bro, I'm in a faction with only me and my wife and have been for 7 months. I have two celestial fairies, and close to 5 of them. It's not a lot, but hell, two is greater than zero. Just get out there and make some friends. The people I ended up befriending, who helped my wife and I get our celestial fairies, we met them only in a BH RB, and they were very impressed in how I handled RB, mainly on my BM, and I was greatly impressed on how they handled barb/archer.

Hmm.

Ok fair enough, tbh I'm probably just being irritated at having another bump in the path at hitting endgame, though impatience never gets anyone far. I'll admit you have a good point. And in fairness the people in my faction are a really awesome group, apologies to them if I seemed a bit hard.

Thanks for the answers guys, much appreciated.
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Worse comes to worse, you can try finding people willing to park your char in GV. But most people doing GV only do it to get culti done in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    btw dont worry about -int for delta.
    your main role is to aoe roar and hf so -int is useful only at the final bosses.
    so w/e not getting a bm in delta due to low -int is the equivalent of not getting a cleric cause he has lvl10 res :b
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    is the equivalent of not getting a cleric cause he has lvl10 res :b
    I actually got ganked by mobs so bad in delta once, I got sent to 1k & died there b:avoid So who knows... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    am not gonna lie to u....i am tempted to go sage due to pk or pvp survivorability skills like : tidal, triple spark, maze steps and a few others.....sadly i am one of those demon sins that went and got all the demon skills so a reset to lvl 10 would be a real bummer.....sage would be awesome now since i am 4.0 base aps +10 and have pretty much the desired end-game gear....however unlike mister bm there i do realize there is another way to re-roll a sage sin without losing my fully skilled demon one and taking weaks to do that culti -.- .........lvl another sinb:chuckle.....this might take a week or 2 and will definitly lose that 133 stealth lvl but i think the 2 weeks is worth it to have both sage and demon sin wont u say?b:victory

EDIT: oh and ty account stash b:cute auto 5 aps upon lvl 100
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    I actually haven't learned any sage skills, so not much loss really. Been planning to switch since 92, sadly I went sage back in the non-pack days. I guess at this point I have several options.

-Try to encourage faction into starting RB's, join random WC squads, struggle with a lot of failing to get the quests done. Hopefully maybe find some old players who are willing to make a spot for a run or 2.

-Stick with sage. 2.8 to 3.33 sparked attack speed (ew). Pretty much excludes from nirvana, high level BH's and TT's. Sage fist mastery is cheap, but damage wouldn't be worth it.

-Scrap the BM and make another. Several months extra grinding and hyper FCC's for guaranteed 4.0+ without any reliance on other players. Could even continue the lv83 clawbarb I have.

-Scrap PW itself and move to a P2P that because of rules I can't mention, that a large number of rl friends play atm (compared to none in PW)

claw/fist barb ftw!
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Necromania!
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2011
This discussion has been closed.