Stop Creating Overpowered Classes!

Options
2»

Comments

• The_owner - Lost City
    The_owner - Lost City Posts: 177 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Being able to see an Assasin in Stealth within 5 meters? You're on to something...... I like this ^
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    You do realize that new classes are not the only thing coming out?
    .... moar content for higher end people, 40v40 team pvp ..etc...

So, yeah, no the whole expansion isn't dependent on how popular seekers/mystics are. Nor are they guaranteed to be OP just because they are new. Anybody with 2 braincells would figure stuff like that out.
    ^This

I pray....to GOD....that these Earthguard kill off the "Sin Advantage".
    It's ridiculous, and annoying, that Assassins not only have easier spark abilities, but then can go stealth...it's pretty much ruined PvP. I've always hated the idea of Stealth in a game, and THAT is why.

The problem with your logic, Oke, is this:

Let's take you for example. Everybody on Harshlands knows you're a 5aps (and I think even Rank 8, but I'm not sure.) You can actually stealth so quickly, that the chat doesn't register your character's name, it gives the killed player your player number.

Alone or not, Assassins can pretty much buttr@pe any class when they strike in Stealth mode. That includes Barbs. Rarely, someone will get lucky, and actually manage to kill one of you slippery little demons, but in the end, your class kills twice as much of us as we kill of you...and there doesn't need to be a chart to figure that out...anybody with two braincells to rub together could figure that one.
  • NinnaXXX - Sanctuary
    NinnaXXX - Sanctuary Posts: 430 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i used to think sins were OP and annoying and stuff but now its just meh.. idc much its not like they gonna change it, about the new classes im pretty SURE they will be OP somehow why in name would pwi not do that they only care about the money OP classes makes plp wanne reroll =more moneyz
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The greatest danger for most of us
    is not that our aim is too high
    and we miss it
    but that it's too low and
    we reach it.
    -Michelangelo
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    PWI-s PvP balance is already off thanks to overpowered Assasins, their +32 level stealth mode and fast attacks with criticals can kill every other class at same level.
    And now happening what?; new Classes are going to appear with terrible skills which will overpower every old Original Classes. Mystic: Heals, Buffs, Debuffs, High damange and Summon! this magical skills in old classes are split to 3! Cleric, Wizard, Venomancer.
    And Seekers: of course they are supposed to be malee based attackers but they also have some range attacks with nature energy? xD

PWI Solution: There is 2 way for that solution.

1st: Give old Classes included: Elfs, Untamed and human New skills to defeat other classes as: Wizard can kill Seeker but Assasin can kill Wizard, Cleric can kill Assasin but Seeker can kill Cleric, and so on!

2nd: weaker New Classes with some way, don't matter Removing some skills or weaking their defence, attack rate or attack damange.

Hope that Balance will be still on and "Perfect World" will become Perfect World to play

QQ more QQb:cry
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao_Ren - Lost City
    Ao_Ren - Lost City Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Is this a QQ thread for OP classes coming out soon, OP classes already being out or UP classes being out-matched?

Let's get all these points straight:

Each class is designed for something specific, no class is "Dead" only the players who want to learn how to play that class to its fullest, no class is OP and no class is UP.

Sins are not OP, neither are they UP, an assassin in pvp has a time limit to how efficient they are, after that time is up, if all their targets aren't dead then they're out of options, they either run or die. Being close range and reliant on speed and stealth, if they get stunned or slept by ANY class, then they're 100% screwed...
    Of course this point is going to be argued to death, revived then argued to death 10X over so let me save you the trouble:
    "Zomg but sins are OP, they has damage, APS and crit!" Gratz you've repeated the generic answer 99% of people have about sins and haven't stated any real facts...

To be honest in pvp I'd be more scared of a 1.25 APS holy sin who knew how to play a sin than ANY demon sin... (Get ready for "ZOMG HOLY SINS ARE OP" complaints if APS gets nerfed to 4.0 instead of 5.0...)

The new classes aren't OP, they aren't UP, they aren't even balanced because, if you haven't noticed, THEY DON'T EXIST....

Seekers use swords, hell if I've ever seen a sword in this game since I started playing, they seem to be one of the rarest weapons really, so maybe seekers will actually show the potential of the sword for once, you people should be happy for that. Seekers have the ability to infuse elements into their weapons... I know this is flamebait but, SO DO SINS, condensed thorn adds 50% of physical damage as water damage for 10 seconds and has a 15 second cooldown, don't see any QQ threads about that, so why QQ about this...

Mystics use all magic weapons except soulspheres, fair enough, no special equipment advantage. They can summon beasts which, from what it seems, are NOT like veno pets but more so living buffs, instead of fighting for you they assist you in combat, like a slightly more powerful buff that follows you around, and since these are SUMMONS, you can expect them to have a CONSTANT downside, not like a veno where the only downside is heals and summoning the pet, more like sins where they drain mp over time, unlike sins it'll most likely increase in cost instead of decrease, meaning they'll be a costly class when it comes to MP.

They can use a revive BUFF that gives you the revive option straight after death, in the death menu, this will most likely have less benefits than a cleric res and will mostly be used for convenience or soloing rather than high-level instance runs where death is common so dying lots will cost a lot of exp...

They have heals yes, but most likely they'll be terrible in comparison to a cleric.

So it seems mystics will be a hybird cleric-veno, taking the solo-ability of a venomancer with the self-upkeep-ability and cost of a cleric and the mechanics (way things work) of an assassin, as in self-resurrection, constant-mp drain skills etc.

So let's clarify:

Old classes aren't dying, newest classes aren't OP and upcoming class does not exist.
  • Roseary - Sanctuary
    Roseary - Sanctuary Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only class I might say is dead are Wizzys, I've seen a lot less wizzys in all comapred to Psy's. Clerics heal, Venos lure/rank, Wizzys... well they were DD but Psys seem to have replaced them on that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Every knows they will be OP. After tideborns what you can expect? It is reason why they will be OP. They have to suck money from your pocket that's why.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    The only class I might say is dead are Wizzys, I've seen a lot less wizzys in all comapred to Psy's. Clerics heal, Venos lure/rank, Wizzys... well they were DD but Psys seem to have replaced them on that.

A lot of people have started playing wizard again after PWI handed out pretty much free rank8 weapons. Kinda same for archers to that used to be a dead class since everyone re-rolled sin. But people got interested in these classes again since endgame weapon is only 72 bucks. I guess thats one good thing about the General Summer sale lol
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    In my opinion, the new classes HAVE to have an edge over the existing classes. The existing classes have an edge over the new classes (they have been here for a long time, and are already level 100, and a lot of their characters have rank gear), so there has to be some reason for people to want to play the new classes. (And, from the teaser site, there will be.)

I can see three outcomes here:

"The new classes suck", expressed by someone playing the new classes. Here, the new class advantages would be too subtle, and most people would not be able figure out how to play them.

"The new classes suck", expressed by someone playing the old classes and not the new classes. Here, the new classes would be so powerful that most people would not be able to figure out how to do anything comparably useful with existing classes.

"The new classes suck", expressed for both reasons -- because the new classes would be too strong, and also because they would be too weak. Here, the new classes would have a definite but minor edge, which would find people in both camps totally unsatisfied with their own character. If I could make money off of the bets, I would bet on this case.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i doubt new classes will be op. so far they look unimpressive. the mystic is a veno. i dont give a **** if it summons instead of tames, that doesnt change the fact that they work exactly like venos. the majority if not all of there skills are wood based ffs. the only diffrence is no fox form.

seeker is a sword bm that can use magic. big deal. tides were much more original.
  • Born_Free - Harshlands
    Born_Free - Harshlands Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....how can you say they're OP when there have only been videos of them killing mobs, and they're not even out yet?

Sense. This thread makes none.
  • Wenomus - Dreamweaver
    Wenomus - Dreamweaver Posts: 90 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    There is 1 solution, GTFO if you dont like it, problem solved
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    there Is 1 Solution, Gtfo If You Dont Like It, Problem Solved

+9001
  • WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide
    WhiteVodoo - Raging Tide Posts: 329 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    so you wanna beat assassins? go make a light armor fist user BM with every spare point on dex, max out aura of the golden bell and alter marrow physical and tell me who wins the fight. you? or the assassin that can't even hit you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

light armor rules, and JOKERZz are the best. shaff, you meh dogg. Neko, you smexy redhead you, yer my favorite veno out there. Evo, yer straight up crazy. Lillie, thanks fer giving LA cerics a good name. hask, what can't you tank? Kyo, yer wizard biuld sucks, and yer obsession with aps annoys me, but eveni will admit, yer a frackin pro. Chick, our dad's would be great friends in rl, and we'd have so much fun messin with them. fer all the rest of the clan, *salutes* at yer service doggs.b:cool
  • Notgood - Raging Tide
    Notgood - Raging Tide Posts: 347 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    ....how can you say they're OP when there have only been videos of them killing mobs, and they're not even out yet?

Sense. This thread makes none.
    There is 1 solution, GTFO if you dont like it, problem solved

i loled at these posts but yeah there true. Any who if you make the classes to weak, most teams won't want to have them in a squad period and you know that. Look at when TBs came out sins were rarely ever accepted in rb or fc and lets not forget people not wanting them in any squad at all.

Lets look at pvp. If your a wiz and you know there is a sin around. You can use blind sand (or whatever that skill is called) to lower there accuracy by 75% and that other genie skill (which lowers there attack speed by 100%) and if your brought some apo pots along you could use that apo pot which absorbs some dmg or quickens your channeling time to kill the sin and there you go. (This is not a fully detailed example but you can fill in the rest :P)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    At least my team doing the Harlem Shake.
  • Dragono - Lost City
    Dragono - Lost City Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I dont know if I agree with the title or not...
    Sure the Sin's are strong but only if you can play the class.
    I also have a Sin Lvl 70 but I cant kill everyone like my brither on that Lvl cause I dont know how to play the class :/
    The only nerving thing is the Stealth.

I also dont stand a chance against a BM because of Stun-Logging and this kind of ****.
    And BM's are not treated like OP Classes O_O

Archer are another example they Stun, Freeze and the next shot I mostly the last...
    And Archers are also not treated as OP classes ^^

Hmm Wizards...
    Okay I dont know much about them but I think they are strong but slow.
    I mostyl dont get them in PVP cause they kill me with 1 or 2 spells.

So Clerics now.
    Buffs, Heals, Plum Shell.
    And not treated as OP.

Hmm Venos coming up now.
    Pets (Nix, Herc)
    Venos dont get hit and the Pets are very strong O_O
    And not treated as OP or maybe only sometimes...

Barbs.
    Def, HP, Attack.
    Try to kill a Barb On PVP as a non-magic class (except Archer) could be a long fight then.

So Psychics as last ones.
    They are a bit more "OP" in my Opinion because of Soulburn.
    If you have Soulburn on you can only die.
    But they are weaker in Defense than the Wizards so very easy to kill.

So now coming to the Mystic/Seeker.
    I looked into the chinese Perfect World were they are already out.
    The Mystic is a mix between every Magic class.
    They have Pets (Summonings), Buffs, Debuffs and strong spells.
    The Seeker can be called a "long ranged BM" xD
    I havent seen anything OP on them :/

So closed from my side now =)
    Have a good life b:surrender

Edit: I am not one of these OP chasb shopers.
    "Cash shoper" is a OP class XD
    I am from Germany and I am sorry if my English isn't very good b:surrender
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    I have seen sins/psy's die easy. So i dont get what the big deal is.
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Foxcreature - Harshlands
    Foxcreature - Harshlands Posts: 93 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    i hope that new classes are OP it will mean more QQ on forums so i can lawl at people who dont like the fact that they die fast, because apparently any class that isnt their's is supposed to fail.

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]/Fox\-8x-cleric-main
    foxcreature-3x-veno-forum char
    StealthDemon-3x-sin-alt
    NoctusPsy-2x-psy-alt
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    go back to nubschool lowbies
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    go back to nubschool lowbies

theres a school when can i sign up
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    preschool for ya hun
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    edited December 2010
    Options
    preschool for ya hun

yay what fun ^.^
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    It's funny watching 10'ers and 09'ers troll each other.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    So, yeah, no the whole expansion isn't dependent on how popular seekers/mystics are. Nor are they guaranteed to be OP just because they are new. Anybody with 2 braincells would figure stuff like that out.

What game are you playing? Last expansion gave Nirvana and PQ3. That's a whole lot of content. You expect them to do more this time? Right. I'd avoid doing drugs if I were you, you're pretty limited on brain cells as it is.

b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • SomebodyTwo - Lost City
    SomebodyTwo - Lost City Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    [...]The new classes aren't OP, they aren't UP, they aren't even balanced because, if you haven't noticed, THEY DON'T EXIST....

Not in PWI, but they do in PW CN
    Mystics use all magic weapons except soulspheres, fair enough, no special equipment advantage.

Correct. Magic swords FTW! b:victory
    [...]They can summon beasts[...]

No the only downside to a summon is that when you summon it it always has half health, regardless of how much hp it had when last unsummoned. Also as it is a skill and not a pet you can level the skill up to level 10 like any other skill. Oh and they don't get exp, they just auto level with you. Oh and uh btw, they are completely amphibious they can walk, run, fly, and swim. That's like every veno having a flying tank.
    They can use a revive BUFF that gives you the revive option straight after death, in the death menu, this will most likely have less benefits than a cleric res and will mostly be used for convenience or soloing rather than high-level instance runs where death is common so dying lots will cost a lot of exp...

It can be cast on other ppl, it lasts 15 minutes, it has a cooldown of 30 seconds, it saves 8% exp, you res with 23% hp, and it costs 650 mp, at level 1.
    They have heals yes, but most likely they'll be terrible in comparison to a cleric.

They get 1 heal (that I know of) which heals a set amount + a % of target's max hp instead of being based off your magic attack. AKA its like wellspring surge (cleric heal) only better.
    So it seems mystics will be a hybird cleric-veno, taking the solo-ability of a venomancer with the self-upkeep-ability and cost of a cleric and the mechanics (way things work) of an assassin, as in self-resurrection, constant-mp drain skills etc.

Close, in my experierince I have found them to play like a veno, with the self-healing of a cleric, and the fast cast-times of a psychic.

Each class is designed for something specific, no class is "Dead" only the players who want to learn how to play that class to its fullest, no class is OP and no class is UP.
    [...]
    Sins are not OP, neither are they UP, an assassin in pvp has a time limit to how efficient they are, after that time is up, if all their targets aren't dead then they're out of options, they either run or die. Being close range and reliant on speed and stealth, if they get stunned or slept by ANY class, then they're 100% screwed...
    [...]
    To be honest in pvp I'd be more scared of a 1.25 APS holy sin who knew how to play a sin than ANY demon sin...

That is very well said. And very true lol.
    (Get ready for "ZOMG HOLY SINS ARE OP" complaints if APS gets nerfed to 4.0 instead of 5.0...)

Unfortunately so is that LOL
    My YT Page: "youtube.com/user/somebodythe5th" I have HD PWI/Minecraft Videos
    I am a non-cashshopper. I registered on: 08-26-2008 22:21:23
    "Only those who worked hard for their power are worth to be respected..." - Wolfssohn - Sanctuary
    "When life gives you lemon, set up a catshop and sell lemonade at 15% markup." Okeano - Harshlands
    Also, Minecraft is awesome.