What to do with a Rank 6 weapon?

WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
So, my (evil) girlfriend and I had this great plan.

She has a Barbarian alt she's been playing casually and our plan was to get him to level 90, re-stat to Arcane, and use the Account Stash to outfit him with her +10 Rank 6 ☆☆Beamhoof Slicer.

She'd then go around trash-talking about how Arcane Barbs are so 1337, picking as many fights as possible, getting obliterated, and stoically insisting that anybody who beat her must be haxxoring. Our hope was that people looking at her gear would see the un-tradable Rank 6 magic weapon and assume they had just met the most idiotic noob on the planet.

Anyway, the joke would only have worked on people who didn't realize that Rank 6 weapons can be traded in the account stash and equipped by anybody, so they would have thought that she actually spent huge amounts of coin to get to Rank 6 and to get a Rank 6 magic weapon for a Barbarian.

Now, however, Rank 6 is a non-factor that costs a mere $12.60, and a Rank 6 weapon isn't anything special anymore either, so the joke won't work anymore.

So what to do to with a +10 Rank 6 weapon? NPC it? Decompose it to 40 Mirages (for 200k)? We've each got 1, so that'd be 80 Mirages total...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
Post edited by WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Now, however, Rank 6 is a non-factor that costs a mere $12.60, and a Rank 6 weapon isn't anything special anymore either, so the joke won't work anymore.

So what to do to with a +10 Rank 6 weapon? NPC it? Decompose it to 40 Mirages (for 200k)? We've each got 1, so that'd be 80 Mirages total...

Rank 6 weapon is still 60-80m. You need to get all the badges to make signs to get the weapon.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I believe you should save it for the Refinement Transfer feature that will appear very soon.
  • NSAT - Lost City
    NSAT - Lost City Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    who cares? game died
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Rank 6 weapon is still 60-80m. You need to get all the badges to make signs to get the weapon.
    Sure, but why would anybody bother? I got mine figuring it would hold me over until I could afford Rank 8, but now its only use is for between levels 90 and 100, which doesn't take long (unless you're a slacker like me, of course).
    I believe you should save it for the Refinement Transfer feature that will appear very soon.
    I'm sure by that point Dragon Orb Oceans will be sold in 10-packs for 50 Gold, and also by that time +15 will be the new +10.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boojangles - Lost City
    Boojangles - Lost City Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    so to buy all the signs is about 60- 80 mill only?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    I'm sure by that point Dragon Orb Oceans will be sold in 10-packs for 50 Gold, and also by that time +15 will be the new +10.

More like selling:

Refinement Chest
    50 Gold
    Contains one of each Dragon Orb 1-12.

Not to mention:
    Chest of Savants
    96 Gold
    Contains 24 Stones of Savant.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 6 wepaons are still great, particularly the Beamhoof.

10% channel? You dont get that on anything else in the game and the power really isnt far behind R8

Stop QQing and just be happy you have some opposistion.

Opposition that likely doesnt have the armor to support their attacks btw b:sin
  • Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver
    Ladyhellcatq - Dreamweaver Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    btw rank stuff cant be account stashed'
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Sure, but why would anybody bother? I got mine figuring it would hold me over until I could afford Rank 8, but now its only use is for between levels 90 and 100, which doesn't take long (unless you're a slacker like me, of course).

Umm... isn't the Rank 6 weapon for Veno better than the Veno Rank 8 pataka?
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • threepointone
    threepointone Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Anything's better than the R8 Veno Pataka.
  • Lanyiara - Harshlands
    Lanyiara - Harshlands Posts: 271 Arc User
    edited December 2010

Rank 6 Weapon can be.

Makes sense to, its the same for Veno/ Wiz / Cleric.
  • Tsubakey - Heavens Tear
    Tsubakey - Heavens Tear Posts: 473 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Rank 6 isnt bad at all... in particular is hitman legend which u can use till u get nirvana.
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Stop QQing and just be happy you have some opposistion.
    Nah, I'm not QQing. As I said in another thread, any F2P merchants like myself who had their fortunes in savings/assets pretty much won the game last night without having to do anything. After having several days where my net wealth was going up by ~200million per day I'd be hard pressed to shed a tear over the coins I spent on Rank 6 weapons.

The main reason I posted is because our plan to create our epic Failbarian got ruined, and that kinda makes me sad. I enjoy doing stupid, time-wasting stuff in the game with my girlfriend, and this one would have been a grand one, but alas... b:surrender
    Rank 6 weapons aren't actually Rank equipment. They're "Weapons of the Sages", and anybody can use them, but only Rank 6 players can create them and they're not tradeable except via the account stash.
    Hmm... you know, I admit I've never really looked. I'll mention it to my girlfriend for her to take a look and see.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]