Cheaper Gold Mat cap?

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited December 2010 in General Discussion
Whoa... wait a sec. Let me get this right.

375 chips per 2 gold.
Gold about 820k now. So 820k x 2 = (1640000) / 375 = 4373 per chip.

That puts the chipping costs of tt99 gold mats at...

Sorcerers Soul: 5959165

Ghost Lord Protection: 10836660

Illusion Stone: 21673320

And work out the rest yourselves... http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/npc/19290

Dunno about other servers but prices on sanc were peaking at 6.5m, 13m and 25m for the above. Just checking I'm fully correct on my calculations before I go splashing out on some of the harder-to-get gold mats.
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Krue/ - Lost City44
    Krue/ - Lost City44 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    interesting
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well that would be cheaper if you had sufficient DQ points as well....during non-sales period of course.

Sorceress Soul = 105 chips (iirc) = 10500 DQ points = 350 element light / 300 element spirit + 5.5 mils.

Now if you buy the DQs its expensive, but lets say you grind them, you eventually pay out less than 5.5 mils since you would sell close to 1.5 mils in DQ alone (if you add the coins collected + equip drops + etc its much more). That would put the price of this particular gold mat at 5.4 mils or so

........provided you have the patience to grind all that DQ. Its not a fast process but if youre a grinder, its probably a better process if you dont get it from TT or friends.
  • Myralis - Sanctuary
    Myralis - Sanctuary Posts: 977 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Well that would be cheaper if you had sufficient DQ points as well....during non-sales period of course.

Or just do BH100 and get chips as byproduct b:surrender
    I only paid the coins for my mats lol Chips came in by themselves :p
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    [ -- Wolves - Alpha | Hurt me, I'll bite back. Hurt my pack, I'll snap your neck. -- ]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Would work if gold wasn't 975k each.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010

That was originally my first plan. But I'm not quite near BH 100's just yet and 88000 DQ points per Illusion Stone seems a bit daunting. Even aoe grinding, the DQ drop rate is pretty dreadful. If it was easy to gain chips, then everyone would be chipping mats and the market would be flooded. AH is already stuffed with 7m Sorcerers souls from people trying to make a quick 500k off token-chips.
  • ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver
    ThanosQRt - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,457 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    your calculations are correct.
    people overprice their items, intentionally or not.
    dont blame the sellers, blame the buyers
  • Admante - Dreamweaver
    Admante - Dreamweaver Posts: 323 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    D: Shhh. I'm trying to make money here.
  • Susamajii - Lost City
    Susamajii - Lost City Posts: 902 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Gold prices are so high because some "genius" at PWI/PWE put packs on sale again. And they try to tell us they give a flying **** about our in-game economy. I'd say their hypocrisy was laughable, but it's far past the point of being funny.
    Push me,
    And then just touch me.
    Tilll I get my,
    Satisfaction.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Would work if gold wasn't 975k each.

Serious?

It's at a 792k buy, 815k sell atm on Sanc.
  • Elviron - Dreamweaver
    Elviron - Dreamweaver Posts: 812 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    @Dark
    I dont need illusion stone for now really. Aiming for 2x Sorceress Soul (210 chips + 11 mil coins) and 2x Ghost Lord's Protection (840 chips = 84000 DQ points + 18 mil coins)

Seeing as my interest in PW is minimal and the only thing I do is grind and am nowhere near 99.....I would probably get to those in a couple of months b:laugh. But this option is definitely cheaper for me than buying from others (unless they wanna sell for less than the coins I would need to use the chips)
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Yeah when I see mats for 4-8 mil above chip price I have to laugh.

Once I despaired of ever getting some of those mats in any reasonable ammount of time as TT was changed so that no one I know wants to do it anymore, and the lunar fee is unattractive when convincing others to try it out.

I also seem to systematically bypass every single chip room in cube every time i do it (which is almost never).

Then dq points came. A few weeks later I got a Springrush Amulet:Chaos, and I'm well on my way to making a Phoenix Dance Robe. Its a hell of a lot cheaper to make that then it is to get your hands on 2 Illusion Stones (unless you use $).

Since anyone can get those mats with a little time and effort, I can't wait till the sellers realize they won't be able to charge double the chip fee anymore.

Congrats! A mat you don't need dropped in an instance that most can't even farm anymore. Good luck selling it now. b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    10 chips for 9 tokens.

9k per chip from boutique agent.(@10k per token)
    64k per chip from cash shop.(@800k per gold)
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    10 chips for 9 tokens.

9k per chip from boutique agent.(@10k per token)
    64k per chip from cash shop.(@800k per gold)

(800,000*2*1.02)/(25*15)=4352. Where you came up with 64k lol?
  • Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    People will always try and get maximal returns from investments, the reduction in cost should help most people although to be honest buying sorc souls is a waste of money, any duo party can do that boss with just a pair of openers in a reasonable amount of time (the boss is still soloable by hercs even)

It isnt a subbed mode so its just repairs + time to kill the bosses + mob count
  • SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear
    SgtSIaughter - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,225 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    (800,000*2*1.02)/(25*15)=4352. Where you came up with 64k lol?

nvm didnt realize its 25 packs of 15, thats just kinda of stupid from an advertising standpoint.

And theres no point in adding the 2% fee since gold@800k is obviously rounded.
    "Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory.
    Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat." ~Sun Tzu

"Lennox Lewis, I'm coming for you man. My style is impetuous. My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious. I want your heart. I want to eat his children. Praise be to Allah!"
    ~Iron Mike Tyson Enrage.omgforum.net
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    So... apparently they're making chips even cheaper now...
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    So... apparently they're making chips even cheaper now...

Trying to convince the few who got rank 8 to get rank 9?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die