Problem with downloading the game..

Options
Snowycookie - Sanctuary
Snowycookie - Sanctuary Posts: 219 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Support Desk
Okay, I have a problem and wasnt sure where to write it..
I got new comp last weekend and now I have tried to download pwi like 10+ times, but always the same files r broken. (Element\reportbugs\creportbugs.exe is one of the broken files.) I have fully redownloaded it and tried but still they r broken so the question is, what I should to do and what is wrong?
Could someone help me please?
Thank you.
Post edited by Snowycookie - Sanctuary on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Options
    Hi Snowycookie,

It could be something blocking or throttling the files from downloading and installing properly.

Here are some things that might help you...

Add the game folder and/or game file to the exceptions list in your firewall or antivirus software.

Example: C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International

You also might need to temporarily disable your antivirus, MS Security Essentials or Windows Firewall long enough to download, install, patch and login to get into the game, and then turn it back on. Sometimes disabling may not help and you will need to add an exception for the game folder.

It might be Windows, Windows Firewall, Admin (such as running the game as Administrator), UAC, network, or antivirus settings that you will need to change so that they aren't blocking or throttling the game.

You can also try changing your proxy settings for Internet Explorer 8, to have them turned off here: Tools > Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > and then untick all of the proxy settings.

If you still need additional help, please Search our Knowledge Base for the terms mentioned above. Let us know what you tried and what errors you got when you reply to us.

Thanks!
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Snowycookie - Sanctuary
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Darthpanda16, I think I know now why it breaks the files. I got the comp from my cousin and well, I found aaalot viruses at there (like troijan >__<) and now there is 1 virus that controls my comp and stuff but on saturday my friend comes to delete everything at the comp (even my windows xp) using 1 disc. I hope that after I have cleaned my comp I can download the game. (:
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Good luck! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Good luck! b:victory

Haha thats what I need so thank you. n___n
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, just like 2mins ago I 100% succesfully downloaded the game. (:
    So the problem was the damn virus but now it is gone and I can plaaay~
    See ya ingame ppl. :3
    edited December 2010
    Options
    And new problems arrived.. XD
    The game dont let me even go to the log in -window.. >__<
    pwi.png
  • ozimov
    ozimov Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Snowycookie

Did you try Darthpanda's advice on adding exceptions with your Antivirus program or firewall?

also..

Did you try verifying the files?

In case you haven't executed this process before:

1) First, shut down your PC and wait a few minutes. Then restart your PC.

2) Start the game, click on the Verify button on the game launcher menu, click on Yes, and let the game verify that your game client's files match the server-side versions of the files. It will also redownload any files that don't match.

3) This will take some time. Please be patient.

4) After this process is done, try to get into the game again and see if the same issue(s) occur.

If this does not help, you may need to uninstall, and then re-install and freshly patch the game.

At your own risk, you can also try disabling/turning off your antivirus/firewall software before starting the game launcher and before running Verify. Once Verify has finished, and you can login and play the game, then turn your AV software back on.

Let us know how things work out for you, thanks.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Ozimov

At this moment Im downloading the game (again) and then gonna try that thing you told to me, after it we will see what happens and lets hope for the best. (:
    I will tell did it work or not but now just need to wait.

EDIT:// And I have accepted elementclient on my firewall and some other files but friend said that I should accept them all but dont know how to do that.
  • ozimov
    edited December 2010
    Options
    @Snowycookie

Okay, reinstalling should work too. Verifying the files often saves players the headache of fully reinstalling, so note that for the future.

To accept all the files simply type the folder into the exception path, e.g.: "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International" -all the files within that folder will be flagged as trustworthy.

Good luck on the reinstall, let us know!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ozimov wrote: »
    @Snowycookie

Okay, reinstalling should work too. Verifying the files often saves players the headache of fully reinstalling, so note that for the future.

To accept all the files simply type the folder into the exception path, e.g.: "C:\Perfect World Entertainment\Perfect World International" -all the files within that folder will be flagged as trustworthy.

Good luck on the reinstall, let us know!

Well I had uninstaled and deleted all files before u posted. :D
    And Im gonna put my files on F: so that shouldnt be the problem..
    And I will let you know. (:
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, I did all that what you asked and still dont work but I just saw something that maybe could explain why I cant play.
    See the Server Status?
    There dont read " online " its just.. empty?
    pwi2.png

EDIT:// Dont care about the red text I wrote, my english is pretty fail. :D
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Ok, sorry at posting again but I just thinked that could it be possible to like uhmm.. combine my C: and F: folders? because all computer updates (Service Packs and others) goes to folder C: what is damn small so my comp keeps screaming that C: is full. If its not possible could I make folder F: the " main " folder where everything goes? (Sorry at my bad explaining)

EDIT:// or do I need to uninstall my XP and reinstall it back?
  • ozimov
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Okay Snowycookie, I'm going to have you open a ticket with us here, so we may assist you further. When you send in your ticket make sure to attach your dxdiag.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

Thanks!
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Okay Snowycookie, I'm going to have you open a ticket with us here, so we may assist you further. When you send in your ticket make sure to attach your dxdiag.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can help you find the right software for your system.

Thanks!

Im gonna do that when I have once again tried to install pwi (gonna do it tomorrow, its midnight here) because now I have SP 3 and all files go automaticly to F: folder but if still dont work, Im gonna try to do that.

And Ozimov, thank you ALOT at helping me, I will let you know does it work or do I need to send ticket.
  • ozimov
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Go ahead and post your results, what you encounter with the fresh install. If there is still an issue then ticket us in with your dxdiag info so we can determine the root issue.

Thanks Snowycookie ^_~;
    edited December 2010
    Options
    EDIT:// Still having some problems.. >__<

First I tought I could play -->
    pwi.png

But then BOOM!
    Runtime error.. u__u
    How I can fix it? :3

EDIT2:// Friend said I might have been missing some files..
  • ozimov
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Okay, so as I mentioned previously, if you still have issues after the reinstall, to ticket us here at Tech Support with your dxdiag attached so we may investigate further.

Thank you again for your patience.
    edited December 2010
    Options
    Okay, so as I mentioned previously, if you still have issues after the reinstall, to ticket us here at Tech Support with your dxdiag attached so we may investigate further.

Thank you again for your patience.

Already did it before u answered but Ozimov, thank you at all this helping! * hug *