Is it so wrong?

segitsegitt
segitsegitt Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2010 in General Discussion
I suppose it's because I'm used to games that do this but... whenever I bring up the question of grinding in PW people look at me like I have 6 eyes... I understand that quests are important I still do them but my favorite part of an MMORPG was getting a great party together and grinding in a dungeon or something, if you get alot of people together you can fight something 3+ or even 5+ your lvl.. which is great exp... so I guess I'm not understanding why its such a big deal, or why when I ask, people act like I have the plague. I used to play Shaiya... alot! I'm used to the friendly idea of skipping a few quests to raise levels by grinding or plvling with a friend.. is this not possible in PW???? or is it that most of the players simply wont do it?
If there are any people who feel the same way as me and your on Server Archosaur. PLS pm me. Or someone just tell me I'm nuts.
thanks
Seg
Post edited by segitsegitt on

Comments

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lol You can't mentioned other games here.

Also there is not much need for grinding. There are tons of dailies like BHs which already give tons of EXP (from lvl 40); Cube; Crazy Stones, World Quest, etc; or Frost dungeon.

Or you can just quest/grind by yourself with x12 stones; it's pretty fast lvling during early lvls.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    sure you can grind in PW. i do quite a bit of it, myself, more than most seem to. it's just that it's often easier (but less profitable, coin-wise) to level by doing the dailies; and BH especially forces you into squads anyway, so you don't miss the cooperative aspect of the game if you choose to level that way.

heck, in a way doing the bounty hunter quests is grinding. take the quest, find a squad, then grind down the dungeon you're sent to until the boss is dead. most PW quests seem to send you to grind, really; the major exceptions are things like crazy stone and world quest.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Toxic - Dreamweaver
    Toxic - Dreamweaver Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I suppose it's because I'm used to games that do this but... whenever I bring up the question of grinding in PW people look at me like I have 6 eyes... I understand that quests are important I still do them but my favorite part of an MMORPG was getting a great party together and grinding in a dungeon or something, if you get alot of people together you can fight something 3+ or even 5+ your lvl.. which is great exp... so I guess I'm not understanding why its such a big deal, or why when I ask, people act like I have the plague. I used to play Shaiya... alot! I'm used to the friendly idea of skipping a few quests to raise levels by grinding or plvling with a friend.. is this not possible in PW???? or is it that most of the players simply wont do it?
    If there are any people who feel the same way as me and your on Server Archosaur. PLS pm me. Or someone just tell me I'm nuts.
    thanks
    Seg

lol I had a feeling you were talking about that game before you even mentioned it, I used to play it a lot too. Here though, if you do grind, doesn't take place in dungeons, just on the open map. Once you hit lvl 40 you'll get your bh quest to go into a dungeon and kill a boss 3 times a day, and around lvl 80 you can get parties to go into Frost and level, but leveling up on this game is a lot different than Shaiya.
    <3 Tapout <3
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited November 2010
    my favorite part of an MMORPG was getting a great party together and grinding in a dungeon or something

That's exactly what you do in the Forgotten Frostland dungeon while using hyper stones. You do it at like level 80+.

Actual quests are only done by low levels <40 or for rep nowadays. And usually only by sins/archers/clerics since rank gear for everyone else sucks.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    In most games, grinding is done purely because it's the only way to gain exp at higher levels. It often involves repetitive killing of thousands of mobs and can be as boring as hell.

In PW grinding isn't necessary. You get better exp from doing quests and bh's until 80, then FCC and BH's from then on. And you get better coin from merchanting, doing TT or mining mats.

If you look at it in one way, BH's and FCC are pretty much what you're talking about, grinding as a squad for exp in a dungeon and taking on strong mobs/bosses.
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    thanks
    Seg
    Some games aren't as heavily reliant upon grinding. To me, even this game has a lot more "grind" to it than I tend to like. Go play SRO -- so much grinding they have bots do it for them. Literally, go to a higher level town, NPC says "go kill 1500 [insert mob here]", go do it, turn it in, NPC goes "go kill 1500 more!", of the same mob. Yay!

Grinding is way more like work and not enough like fun.