Best Genie

Zaradon - Heavens Tear
Zaradon - Heavens Tear Posts: 62 Arc User
edited December 2010 in Assassin
Well, for starters i would like to ask following things about genies.

Best genie for assasins;
PVE - ?
PVM - ?
PVP - ?

Well, ofcourse there's a skill overview for genie skills, however.

EDIT; I havent found any threads about genies for assasins, cause im building a genie for myself but am helpless.

EDIT2; My goal is to get sage HA at endgame.

Any tips/help?

Many thanks for the feedback.
Post edited by Zaradon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Good question, I was about to post this myself.

o.o What is PvM?

PvE - Second Wind
    PvP - Bramble Rage

Seen somewhere Occult Ice has it's uses as well.
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    PvM - Player vs. Monster
    PvE - Player vs. Everything
    PvP - Player vs. Player

Well, most commonly people use PvE for aswell PvM, but then again, there are still some advantages against just mobs, so i (personally) use still the PvM option.
  • Keliska - Raging Tide
    Keliska - Raging Tide Posts: 768 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    o.o

PvE - Player vs Envorment(sp)
    Killing monsters

PvP - Player vs Player
    Killing fellow players

PvM - Player vs Machine b:chuckle
    wait could've been Player vs Mankind ... one or the other
    Venomancers/Clerics rock![SIGPIC]http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs43/f/2009/110/1/5/Schrodinger_plz_by_McMonster_Ridgeback.gif[/SIGPIC]

Alt main: Traydor_Styx - RT - 96
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Thanks for the offtopic, however - i and perhaps some others are after some info here >_>

Im more than sure that some kickbutt assasins do have decent genies, wich include cloud eruption!
  • LeiMai - Raging Tide
    LeiMai - Raging Tide Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    ...she was right to correct you with the common PWI terms, otherwise you will just confuse people.

Some people I know have several PvE(nvironment) genies, they have different ones for bosses and mobs. Depending on what type of sin they are.

My newest genie has (off the top of my head)
    Earth Flame
    Earth Quake
    Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain

and I am considering Relentless Courage or Alpha Male when I can get a sixth skill...b:victory

other skills I have tried are Bramble Rage, Second Wind and Frenzy.

Frenzy is fun, but its really dangerous.
    I miss Bramble Rage sometimes, still have it on another genie.
    Second wind is good, but I'm trying out Tree of Protection right now.
  • Thinkalot - Dreamweaver
    Thinkalot - Dreamweaver Posts: 133 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My newest genie has (off the top of my head)
    Earth Flame
    Earth Quake
    Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain

Ok, here is what i found out so far :

Holy Path : a MUST have for pvp and pve. You need to keep up with barbs & bm's. Good other classes also use it, often.

Tree of Protection : pretty useless skill imo. You're not gonna use that in pvp anyways. Lasts way to short.

Absolute domain : AWESOME. no other way to describe it. a MUST for pvp, and very very useful when you take aggro from a boss. A few seconds you and those close to you (5 meters) can survive longer.

Also handy to have : Tangling Mire to aid against bosses, Relentless courage, Second wind.

Choose the 3 i mentioned last as 4th and/or 5th skill.

My personal preference :

1. Holy path
    2. Absolute domain
    3. Relentless courage
    4. Tangling Mire
    5. Second wind.

Those 5 skills are good for ANY class btw.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Rentless Courage?

Well, for some reason i do not care about that one for two things.

1. Takes too much energy (so instead of putting much str into it u need mag/vit)
    2. Sucky duration (yea, it may boost aps greatly with high str, but still not enough duration)

I use second wind and keeping at lvl 1 and my genie has 50 dex, for some reasons as.

1. Takes 35 energy, has 1 sec cooldown
    2. gives u a good tanking boost
    3. can be permaspammed.

So, i suggest second wind at lvl 1 and high dex/magic/vit on the genie.
  • Mirko - Raging Tide
    Mirko - Raging Tide Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Im more than sure that some kickbutt assasins do have decent genies, wich include cloud eruption!

you need more chi?

you wanna make str, dex, mag or vit genie?
    or all rounder one?

one great skill on one type of genie can be pretty useless on other build.. so it would be best to decide build of genie before choosing skills..

for example:
    str build --> tangling mire
    dex build --> extreme poison
    etc..
  • /zus - Dreamweaver83
    /zus - Dreamweaver83 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    For PVP:

Occult Ice
    Frenzy
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison

Chill of the deep+double spark+frenzy+headhunt, high chance to one shot arcane
    Triple spark then occult ice obviously
    Rest is just dmg amp
  • Endrnz - Dreamweaver
    Endrnz - Dreamweaver Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    For PVP:

Occult Ice
    Frenzy
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison

Chill of the deep+double spark+frenzy+headhunt, high chance to one shot arcane
    Triple spark then occult ice obviously
    Rest is just dmg amp

Where will you get the chi for head hunt o.O, you need to add dragon or that chi giving skill somewhere in there.
  • /zus - Dreamweaver83
    /zus - Dreamweaver83 Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oops sorry i forgot

chill of the deep+double spark+inner+wolf emblem+frenzy+headhunt :)
  • Ice_Death - Dreamweaver
    Ice_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ocult Ice for PVP FTW
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lalius - Lost City
    Lalius - Lost City Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As an all around genie I use a strength build one:

Earthflame
    Occult Ice
    Tangling Mire
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Expel

I got 80 str on it to boost mire and get a 70% success rate on Occult Ice. In my opinion Mire is enough to boost damage in PvP since it is most effective on heavy classes and Light/Arcane classes with really high pdef - And do we seriously need any more damage against squishy toons? I don't feel the need. However, our weak spot is not the damage but the defense. So I added Expel which saved my butt countless times against other sins and fist bms that got the jump on me (for whatever reason).

I know people that prefer genies with maybe 20 str and high vit/mag for skill spamming, but I don't like running around with 40% chance on occult ice. But I do see the point in being able to amp and still expel during emergency situations. I guess I like the "offensive" str-build approach more.

As second genie I just use a BR genie with decent mag, enough vit for BR level 10 and rest in dex. I got Expel and Wind Shield on it as well, to defend myself If I am on the wrong genie, but all in all I mainly use it for sneaky aoes from stealth. b:chuckle
  • /zus - Dreamweaver86
    /zus - Dreamweaver86 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    As an all around genie I use a strength build one:

Earthflame
    Occult Ice
    Tangling Mire
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Expel

I got 80 str on it to boost mire and get a 70% success rate on Occult Ice. In my opinion Mire is enough to boost damage in PvP since it is most effective on heavy classes and Light/Arcane classes with really high pdef - And do we seriously need any more damage against squishy toons? I don't feel the need. However, our weak spot is not the damage but the defense. So I added Expel which saved my butt countless times against other sins and fist bms that got the jump on me (for whatever reason).

I know people that prefer genies with maybe 20 str and high vit/mag for skill spamming, but I don't like running around with 40% chance on occult ice. But I do see the point in being able to amp and still expel during emergency situations. I guess I like the "offensive" str-build approach more.

As second genie I just use a BR genie with decent mag, enough vit for BR level 10 and rest in dex. I got Expel and Wind Shield on it as well, to defend myself If I am on the wrong genie, but all in all I mainly use it for sneaky aoes from stealth. b:chuckle

2 much str for a genie that got ad and expel
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    Ya, it's pretty much a compromise.. Got Expel and Domain after the strength based skills. It still works pretty good, since you almost always use expel when you are surprised by something - Then you usually have a genie with full energy. I was thinking about going down to 60 str tho and get some more mag.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Earthflame
    Occult Ice
    Tangling Mire
    Holy Path
    Absolute Domain
    Expel

Many thanks, however - question about lvls of skills for best use for these skills u just listed.

I know, some skills are good to leave at lvl 1, cause of low energy requirement and result is same for each lvl.

This seems to be a very nice combination of skills for PVE, does have pull, dd add, speedbuff just no healing skill.

As a sin with good interval does not actually need healing skills can be figured.

Any tips for HA built sin? i mean genie for HA sins. I've heard they do less damage than pure sins (wich ofc is true) - regardless to the damage fact, can be added more damage on the genie, i am lvl 8x sin and i have the following genie for PVE.

Earthflame
    Holy Path
    Wind Shield
    Deep Poison

Yes, my genie sucks in my lvls, haven't been lucky enough to get good LP's for more skills.

But sure thing is that HA sins need more damage output to heal themself good enough.
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My sin's in his mid-20's.
    I like using Wind Shield because it gives protection and speeds attacks for a period of time.
    Second Wind is always good.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    As I said, it's no pure PVE Genie. While Tree of Protection might be more useful than Expel in PVE, it doesn't do ***** in PVP. When a good int class has you stunned, it won't help you to use ToP. Duration is too short, heal is too slow. Max all those skills. There are only a few skills that come to mind that are better left at lvl 1. For example Fortify, maybe Wind Shield, Earthquake if you use it for the wing boss in Nirvana...
    I just reduced my strength from 80 to 60 and got a lot more mag and some vit. It's really a lot more useful. There is no big difference between 70% and 60% Occult Ice and the 2% less pdef reduce on mire are hardly noticeable. The faster regeneration however helps you to spam skills more.
  • Zaradon - Heavens Tear
    edited November 2010
    Alright, thanks a bucketload - that helped a lot.

However, it is mostly up to me wether im going for full DD or defensive DD.

I personally build my chars for defense first, then im gonna get damage.
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited November 2010
    It surely is up to you how you build your genie, I am merely giving advise. ;) I don't consider my genie too offensive tho. Two of my skills are pure defense, and I only got one amp skill. Occult Ice can be used for defense and offense, depending on the situation.
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ummm... Just in my opinion I don't think there's a significant purpose to having Relentless Courage for a PvP genie.
    That's just a waste of Stamina and a waste of energy to use on someone when you could have something more efficient to use in a PvP situation.

I have two genies:
    Zeal:
    Earthflame (I left that for pulling.)
    Holy Path (For instances and to chase after people running away)
    Tangling Mire (I love this skill. If you genie has enough Vit to use occult ice and TM at the same time, it's a really fun skill to use against HAs.)
    Occult Ice (Self explanatory. I'm sure many people love this skill and much as I do. Saves you in tight situations when you're low on stuns, sleep, or seal or whatever case scenario.)
    Expel (Only reason I have this skill over Absolute Domain is because I use it to fend myself from other higher lvl sins, since Absolute Domain's duration doesn't satisfy me. Expel gives me time to think of what I should do as well, haha. It works. Saved me many times. I don't regret having it.)

Longevity:
    I rarely use this genie in pvp anymore since I find my Zeal more helpful in most situations i've encountered.
    Holy Path.
    Frenzy. (Mixed with CoD, I used to use this skill on LAs and AAs to maximize my damage while stun locking.)
    Absolute domain (Protection for anything that might hit me too hard. Self explanatory.)
    Second Wind (Mostly for a quick heal for PvE situations)
    BRAAAAMMMBBBBLLLEEE RAAAGEEEE. (I had fun with this skill, stun lock till the other opponents charm ticks [if they have one] Subsea. Then bramble rage. Fun fun fun fun.)
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    My random Zeal has:
    Earthflame
    Tangling Mire
    Holy Path
    Wind Shield

And he's built 50:50 vit:mag, level 78 at 35/70 LP.

Still not quite good enough, as I'd like to add a healing skill to the genie.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • /zus - Dreamweaver87
    /zus - Dreamweaver87 Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Ummm... Just in my opinion I don't think there's a significant purpose to having Relentless Courage for a PvP genie.
    That's just a waste of Stamina and a waste of energy to use on someone when you could have something more efficient to use in a PvP situation.

I have two genies:
    Zeal:
    Earthflame (I left that for pulling.)
    Holy Path (For instances and to chase after people running away)
    Tangling Mire (I love this skill. If you genie has enough Vit to use occult ice and TM at the same time, it's a really fun skill to use against HAs.)
    Occult Ice (Self explanatory. I'm sure many people love this skill and much as I do. Saves you in tight situations when you're low on stuns, sleep, or seal or whatever case scenario.)
    Expel (Only reason I have this skill over Absolute Domain is because I use it to fend myself from other higher lvl sins, since Absolute Domain's duration doesn't satisfy me. Expel gives me time to think of what I should do as well, haha. It works. Saved me many times. I don't regret having it.)

Longevity:
    I rarely use this genie in pvp anymore since I find my Zeal more helpful in most situations i've encountered.
    Holy Path.
    Frenzy. (Mixed with CoD, I used to use this skill on LAs and AAs to maximize my damage while stun locking.)
    Absolute domain (Protection for anything that might hit me too hard. Self explanatory.)
    Second Wind (Mostly for a quick heal for PvE situations)
    BRAAAAMMMBBBBLLLEEE RAAAGEEEE. (I had fun with this skill, stun lock till the other opponents charm ticks [if they have one] Subsea. Then bramble rage. Fun fun fun fun.)

For pvp , I just go to some1, in stealth obviously, double spark+inner+head hunt+rentless courage. It is like a mini demon spark but in stealth. Gives u the same atk speed, but less dmg and its faster to kill that way. So i like that skill :)
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    For pvp , I just go to some1, in stealth obviously, double spark+inner+head hunt+rentless courage. It is like a mini demon spark but in stealth. Gives u the same atk speed, but less dmg and its faster to kill that way. So i like that skill :)

So RC does stack on Demonic Eruption?
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    So RC does stack on Demonic Eruption?

Read it again.

He said he uses double spark, not triple.

The point being that Double spark + RC gets you damage boost and attack speed boost but does not end your stealth.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Anyone tried Extreme Poison -> Thunderstorm combo against a HA up close on a high dex genie (80+) yet? Curious about the dmg there. My figures only give me about 14k metal dmg before defense reduces it but I bet it would still knock off several thousand hp.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Zilena - Harshlands
    Zilena - Harshlands Posts: 68 Arc User
    edited November 2010

I guess that's where I differ from other demon sins, haha. I usually keep them locked so they can't touch me then when all ends bad, that's when I start to slash away with a stun or occult rather than stun and slash away from the get go.
  • Yulk_owns - Lost City
    Yulk_owns - Lost City Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wind force and holy path b:bye

Other genie skills are lamesauce OP... Unless if you want to be accepted to lame random squads. get the skills mentioned
    I, II and III spark is the most cheesiest skill in PWI and it should be removed or massively nerfed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lalius - Lost City
    edited December 2010
    wind force and holy path b:bye

Other genie skills are lamesauce OP... Unless if you want to be accepted to lame random squads. get the skills mentioned

You are wrong, as always. Genies add more possibilities to PVP, and since everyone has access to them you cannot call them OP. Same chances for everyone. Plus a lot of genie skills balance PVP by giving people chances to survive stealth attacks from well geared sins. But ofc you would know that if you ever did real PVP.
  • Mosz - Heavens Tear
    Mosz - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,181 Arc User
    edited December 2010
    pve:earthflame extreme poison domain frenzy holy path tangling nice too