Factions.

BigFIuffy - Archosaur
BigFIuffy - Archosaur Posts: 193 Arc User
edited November 2010 in Etherblade (West)
I decided to rate the factions on the server from the 6 months it been around.

This is from over the entire history of the server, not currently

I ordered these by Power in Territory War- Each faction vs. each other in their primes. This is only my Opinion.

1. Narla- This is pretty easy, been around for the entire time dominating the map for probably 5 out of 6 months of the server. Well organized, with great players.

2. Impulse- For anyone around the first two weeks of the server those weeks deserve this spot. They dominated everything having the best players on server. After the break with Impulse and Asuras they never beat Narla to much though. But always came back.

3. Elusive- Destroyed the first Narla crystal and had a faction that was built mostly off fun which honestly was missed throughout most of the server. Short lived faction destroys any hope at a number 1 or 2 spot though.

4. Nemesis- First major break off Narla, the current power house of the server. Their roster alone makes them current strongest. No real tws though leave them as 4th.

5. Fatalis- Long time faction that usually held 3rd most land on the server, had a big effect on how Narla and Impulse fought. However were never able to break out of that 3rd faction role.

6. Immunity- oldest faction i can think of with no major break, have held land for very long (fragrant hills forever). But for whatever reason, players never flocked toward them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by BigFIuffy - Archosaur on

Comments

• Rynis - Archosaur
    Rynis - Archosaur Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Agree with alot of this ;)
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    SyGrrr - Archosaur Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Eh, forum threads are so much more fun when there's something to disagree with.
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    just for you sygrr

the fact that by the time nova got pressured to attack narla impulse had already fallen from having any serious chance of being a contender is something often forgot as it doesn't help any narnians cause when they look at things in retrospect. could it have been possible for narla to last all the way till elusive without being seriously challenged? the answer is yes. why? because nobody but a few actually cared to fight narla as being friends with them reeked way better benefits than rolling up your sleeves and doing what it would have took to win. every effort made on behalf of impulse was just... lazy. at least soochi barked as often as she did back than as now while most people just wanted to be in the right place at the right time for their characters development after it was all said and done and the one would go under and the other would continue to dominate.

narla was often proud of who from other factions would apply to theirs, but how could you not have seen this coming? every pve server will have one faction that breaks through and goes on to have a seemingly unstoppable run at the map but everybody forgets what happens when that factions best expectations are fc's and tt's. its how narla became what it was and its why narla isn't what it used to be. you dwindle as the server matures and becomes seasoned because then your only outlet of power is matched by other factions and groups of people being able to offer the same thing, but at an alarmingly better rate, and with less 'attachments.' how could a faction that is #1 have been the best of the server when comparing current factions yet, by their first loss, were so stunned at how unskilled the majority of their players were only had 1 solution: practice... lol are you kidding me? a little late for that. and to anyone saying mirage pay ruined narla more than anything else think about what you're admitting. the faction would've prospered for a chump reason not because they were the most skilled, therefore clearly not representing the qualitys of a true #1 spot. maybe a #1 spot in the past, but certainly not when including the current history and what is still to come.

it is funny because many people forget how badly they sucked at this game even just a few months ago because they don't like to admit it, but its absolutely unequivocally indisputably 100% the shameful truth. those tw's beween narla and impulse were exciting to some because it was either their first war experience in a long time or altogether, but it was no muhamad ali vs joe frazier bout. all the split pushes in those wars were because people didn't know any better. they were sloppy and lasted long for the wrong reasons, I was in all of 'em. the war between elusive and narla was on an entirely different level that encompassed a higher skill, ease of pathing and mobility, map awareness, flank control and recognition of class placement. narla archers couldnt have their way anymore because the opponent adapted. for the first time ever on the the server these wars were fought and won 'on the battlefield' in the hands of the individuals, not because one side had leaders that didnt know how to lead a war or people for the life of them (impulse).

narla was easily the best transitional faction while archosaur was growing. it brought people up to speed. but once everybody was on the same page? negative, it was only until people decided to stop being bored and do something about it. and it doesn't matter who left narla before their fall because they recruited everybody elses "original" players too, and for a hell of a lot longer time. for all we know the best of this server has yet to come so you have to either call it as it happens most currently, or strictly as it happened back then, in which case elusive shouldn't even be on the list as it has nothing to do with them. 'back then' was a completely different (worse) playing field than right now so its a moot argument.

back then:

1) narla
    2) impulse
    3) asuras
    4) fatalis
    5) templar

more recently:
    1) elusive
    2) narla
    3) phoenix
    4) GENESIS
    5) wargods

currently:
    1) nemesis
    2) waiheke
    3) asuras
    4) TEX*S
    5) darkside
    6) narla

in the future:
    who knows
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Nope, still agreeing...except for one part.
    3) asuras
    4) TEX*S

About 12 hours ago asuras and texas merged and created Ascend. So here I get to say YOU'RE WRONG! b:chuckle
  • Proski - Archosaur
    Proski - Archosaur Posts: 936 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    grrrrrrr

i mean, sygrrrrrr
  • Lutirica - Harshlands
    Lutirica - Harshlands Posts: 1,437 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    wow b:chuckle
    Fail troll of harshlands
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Nope, still agreeing...except for one part.

About 12 hours ago asuras and texas merged and created Ascend. So here I get to say YOU'RE WRONG! b:chuckle

Just remember the rules . . . apparently Ascend is not permitted to bid on Asuras or Texas territory this week. Silly rule, but w/e . . . .

We don't need anymore faction leaders banned for silly reasons, do we . . . .
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • _Pluto - Archosaur
    _Pluto - Archosaur Posts: 61 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    so uuuum where did all my ex Narla buddies go :o BunBun Kat Fluffy Mango Kiaxn and 100 more D:!!!!!
  • SyGrrr - Archosaur
    edited November 2010
    Former Narla are currently divided between Ascend, Nemesis, Darkside, and Elusive, with a few still hanging out in Nalrla (to answer your question).
  • Katanyia - Archosaur
    Katanyia - Archosaur Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Pluto<3333 Miss you hun :) All those you mentioned are now in Nemesis with the exception of Fluffers who I believe is currently in DarkSide when he is actually on.
  • Must - Lost City
    Must - Lost City Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Proski has a good point there..

I never had such easy tws like i had here in arch server......

i recently had a tw in LC i didnt even got out of our base...(thaClick vs Kamisama)
  • Darth_Puggy - Archosaur
    Darth_Puggy - Archosaur Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I had my first TW experiences as a cleric in Templar (SaintToadElf). That's part of the reason I came to Archo from Dreamweaver: to actually have a chance to experience TW without being totally ***** by very OP players (Calamity faction).
    Personally, I like that no single faction rules our map here. It's like different kingdoms instead of some big empire.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StudmuffinIX - Archosaur
    StudmuffinIX - Archosaur Posts: 443 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    oh oh oh update read all about it elusive on top again sowwie others we took a 2 month break but yea we're on top again :D
  • JiEunxD - Archosaur
    JiEunxD - Archosaur Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    I had my first TW experiences as a cleric in Templar (SaintToadElf). That's part of the reason I came to Archo from Dreamweaver: to actually have a chance to experience TW without being totally ***** by very OP players (Calamity faction).
    Personally, I like that no single faction rules our map here. It's like different kingdoms instead of some big empire.

Lol yup it's all thanks to Elusive stopping the reign of Narla on this server :D
    inb4drama
    List of my territory war videos:
    ht tp://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=873472
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    Lol yup it's all thanks to Elusive stopping the reign of Narla on this server :D
    inb4drama

inb4oldnews

/thread
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What is the meaning of your name Rob?
    youtube.com/xArsonist18 : XCableX's TW videos

pwcalc.com/56b00d33a8c63c7d : Current BM Build for TW
  • Kehrendorh - Archosaur
    Kehrendorh - Archosaur Posts: 492 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    What is the meaning of your name Rob?

It means 'He Who Loves DirecTV'

b:kiss
  • Nefertia - Archosaur
    Nefertia - Archosaur Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    PWI really need to eliminate factions from tws and just call it fbl. (friend base land)

one leaders do not pay or help every member just their friends the rest of the members are just shields. (rem repairs cost)

tws are really just enter and destroy crystals and you really only need one squad for that. Where are the enemies. b:shocked

two PWI need to put enemies out there with up to 1m hp and lots of area effect skills to give ppl a good whopping thereby not wasting their time and energy doing nothing.

Tws should last up to 3hrs because 3 minutes is way too short not enough fun nvr exp or coin factions don't pay a major waste of time. (just give the faction the property) which you are doing anyway. b:angry
  • XCableX - Archosaur
    XCableX - Archosaur Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited November 2010
    It means 'He Who Loves DirecTV'

b:kiss

But I'm...Cable

What

lies

were

you

told

of? b:shockedb:cry