Tips on Soloing FCC

VlLKASS - Sanctuary
VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
edited October 2010 in General Discussion
Prefly advice from sins, but anyone welcome & help is appreciated.

My nub can already do it... but it's such r ape & a close call on many bosses.

b:chuckle In General cause nobody will see it in other sections.

TY for the help b:cute
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by VlLKASS - Sanctuary on

Comments

• volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Pretty sure those that solo it have alts that buff/heal them. To wasteful to just do it "solo".
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    I have to do it unbuffed since 3rd boss purges anyway & it's anoying running bk & forth out of instance to nag for buffs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited October 2010
    Really nothing much anyone can help you with other than get a 2nd pc.
  • buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Volst, NOW it all makes sense! Thank you for opening my eyes.

But then, is it still called soloing if you don't run it with JUST the use of 1 char only???
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've duoed FC on my sin w/ another sin several times, but my gear isn't quite good enough to do it solo. Some tidbits for you....Have a charm and hp food, and be ready to use them. You want to keep rib strike up at all times. On most of the bosses, cast focus mind just as deaden nerves wears off; focus mind lasts 1 minute, which is deaden nerves cooldown at level 10.

Just keep an eye on your hp; between bloodpaint, hp from triple spark, etc, you shouldn't have too a difficult time staying alive. The biggest problem I foresee is on the second boss; I have no dea how to beat that one with only one sin. I guess just pop tidal protection and hope for the best.

Eh, just common sense kind of stuff, really. What kind of gear does your sin have?
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Have ToP? b:surrender

Or just get a warsoul weapon.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The only tricky bosses are the purge boss and the bubble boss.

For bubble boss you want to chain your anti stun skills, vac powder, and absolute domain as much as you can. Ive done him with no charm tick before and i've done it with 100k charm used. Need a little luck. Having a cleric for him is decent even if the cleric on stacks heal on herself and purifies you.

The purge of the purge boss is easy to avoid really. Before it he says "let us all fade away" or something. Use Absolute Domain, triple spark, or a tranq orb to avoid purge.

Everything else is straight forward. My best solo run on archer is around 50k charm used which is decent for 11m xp.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    The only tricky bosses are the purge boss and the bubble boss.

For bubble boss you want to chain your anti stun skills, vac powder, and absolute domain as much as you can. Ive done him with no charm tick before and i've done it with 100k charm used. Need a little luck. Having a cleric for him is decent even if the cleric on stacks heal on herself and purifies you.

The purge of the purge boss is easy to avoid really. Before it he says "let us all fade away" or something. Use Absolute Domain, triple spark, or a tranq orb to avoid purge.

Everything else is straight forward. My best solo run on archer is around 50k charm used which is decent for 11m xp.

The 2nd boss is easy from chaining maze, tidal & vacs.

The biggest prob I have is the boss after main exp room. The one that stuns & debuffs b:surrender Just died 5 times on him before nagged a friend for buffs. Tidal doesn't always proc, & then I end up debuffed while stunned & charm already ticked b:cry Lol time to refine ornaments
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    The 2nd boss is easy from chaining maze, tidal & vacs.

The biggest prob I have is the boss after main exp room. The one that stuns & debuffs b:surrender Just died 5 times on him before nagged a friend for buffs. Tidal doesn't always proc, & then I end up debuffed while stunned & charm already ticked b:cry Lol time to refine ornaments

Well that boss has an armor break which takes you down to like 0 pdef. For that it helps to have high HP so you'd want to refine the armor and not the ornaments.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Thunderclaw is a breeze unless you lag.

Diabolic Shocktrooper hardest boss in there, the only one where if truly unlucky with Tidal Protection, I need a charm to survive. No I don't use Vacs or other pots at him and most of the time I do him uncharmed.

Cyclotra - no problems

Purge boss - very easy contrary to what most people said. Tidal helps avoid Purge but also if you learn his pattern you can 80% of the time avoid his purge. He'll do 3 sleeps then bishop spawns + another sleep + purge right after. Keep your 3 sparks for this moment.

Runewolf, Messenger, Oceania Master - easy

Decaying Fragrance - 2nd hardest boss. Tidal helps a lot, although when you get debuffed, spam crab meat or ToP and wait for the next one (helps to learn its pattern) and triple spark just before it uses it. This way you purge the previous one AND avoid the next debuff, saves you lot of time of being in danger.

Phoenix - nothing hard just annoying seal

Last boss - again just stupid annoying seals and stuff, boring -.-
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    I've been outclassed in this thread b:surrender
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited October 2010
    Thunderclaw is a breeze unless you lag.

Diabolic Shocktrooper hardest boss in there, the only one where if truly unlucky with Tidal Protection, I need a charm to survive. No I don't use Vacs or other pots at him and most of the time I do him uncharmed.

Cyclotra - no problems

Purge boss - very easy contrary to what most people said. Tidal helps avoid Purge but also if you learn his pattern you can 80% of the time avoid his purge. He'll do 3 sleeps then bishop spawns + another sleep + purge right after. Keep your 3 sparks for this moment.

Runewolf, Messenger, Oceania Master - easy

Decaying Fragrance - 2nd hardest boss. Tidal helps a lot, although when you get debuffed, spam crab meat or ToP and wait for the next one (helps to learn its pattern) and triple spark just before it uses it. This way you purge the previous one AND avoid the next debuff, saves you lot of time of being in danger.

Phoenix - nothing hard just annoying seal

Last boss - again just stupid annoying seals and stuff, boring -.-

TY for the info b:cute

Any idea on Fragrance's patterns?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asheera - Raging Tide
    Asheera - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited October 2010
    Well it spams that debuff every 10 secs or so (never counted so idk) but you have to get the hang of it. Usually does debuff + vampiric attack + a few normal attacks, then again debuff, vampiric, stun, and debuff again and repeats.

Stun happens once in 2 debuffs only, not that often, so if timed right you can survive it (or if Tidal procs even easier)

EDIT: I suggest you get barb buffs for Decaying Fragrance especially if you want to do it uncharmed though. Unless uber geared XD
    First 103 on Raging Tide 30 Oct 2010
    Quit.