Cape of Underworld Slayer

_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
How damn rare can this get, I have seen 2! only 2 on HT.

Does the mob it drops from not exist anymore or what?

This was like my aim, but the people who have it don't want to sell it.b:sad
TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    its a rare rare rare drop from the demontorch marauder from seat of torment. quite frankly, after looking at it, i dont get why they dont hunt for it, its better than TT99 and its stupid evasion stat lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I know! wonder if the mob it drops from is hercable(tankable by herc).

and does wining the instance get rid of this mob?

so so so many questionsb:sad
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    not sure, its a boss though. voidweaver and suicidal mass stay, id assume the same. i havent tried hercing it during my solo, but its worth a try.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've seen a handful of people have it on Lost City.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawthorne - Heavens Tear
    Rawthorne - Heavens Tear Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I have wined hundreds of SOT and 99% of the times I wine it I ask the squad to do the prerequisite bosses to make the boss that drops the mold come out. Alas the ONLY mold I've gotten f/ him was the bow moldb:cry. I'd agree that yah the mold rocks especially when compared to a tt99 chest will run ya 55-60kk+ to make; this mold wins; especially if you put that same 55-60kk into refines/shards on this mold.

Now the only problem w/ trying to "solo" with a herc SOT to get this mold is 2/3 the bosses you'd need to kill will debuff your herc (one of which does an aoe debuff/attack). So imo gonna need a lot of channeling/possibly a blessed herc. The boss that drops the mold is wood immune so if you are soloing w/ a herc....gonna take you a while to kill it (since all you can do is whack away in fox form).

Oh and wining has no effect on whether the boss will appear. In fact there's no effing way you'd "solo" it w/out wining and make it under 60 minutes to the necessary boss as a veno.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    I have wined hundreds of SOT and 99% of the times I wine it I ask the squad to do the prerequisite bosses to make the boss that drops the mold come out. Alas the ONLY mold I've gotten f/ him was the bow moldb:cry. I'd agree that yah the mold rocks especially when compared to a tt99 chest will run ya 55-60kk+ to make; this mold wins; especially if you put that same 55-60kk into refines/shards on this mold.

Now the only problem w/ trying to "solo" with a herc SOT to get this mold is 2/3 the bosses you'd need to kill will debuff your herc (one of which does an aoe debuff/attack). So imo gonna need a lot of channeling/possibly a blessed herc. The boss that drops the mold is wood immune so if you are soloing w/ a herc....gonna take you a while to kill it (since all you can do is whack away in fox form).
    why would the herc need to kill voidweaver/suicidal mass? ive skipped both of them in the past with no repricussions o-o.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    why would the herc need to kill voidweaver/suicidal mass? ive skipped both of them in the pass with no repricussions o-o.

Obviously you've never fought the boss that drops the mold then so you have nfi wth you are talking about. The ONLY way to get him to appear is to kill that 1st boss to the right in sot. Then you start a 60 min timer. You then have to go clear his guard tower (next to a tab boss ppl skip in bhs). Now he finally will appear. After each step it announces it in general chat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Obviously you've never fought the boss that drops the mold then so you have nfi wth you are talking about. The ONLY way to get him to appear is to kill that 1st boss to the right in sot. Then you start a 60 min timer. You then have to go clear his guard tower (next to a tab boss ppl skip in bhs). Now he finally will appear. After each step it announces it in general chat.
    thanks for explaining this, but theres no need to get all pissy about it.
    anyways, voidweaver = too hard for herc, tried it time and time again, only to die trying.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    Here is what you have to do in order:
    1. Kill this boss:
    Voidweaver fb99 Heaven
    (442 587) No elt
    Melee Level 101
    2.590.317 HP Water immune
    This boss has an aoe debuff (decrease pdef) and a physical aoe

Mold: Scribe's Shoes

2. 60 min timer starts

3. Kill this boss:
    Rancid Venerator fb99 Heaven
    (368 561) Earth
    Melee Level 102
    2.649.511 HP Earth immune
    This boss has a close physical aoe and an aoe stun

Mold: Sleeves of Demon Sword

4. Now kill that guard tower where Rancid was (similar to tower f/ fb 79 and can range dd it w/ no repercussions).

5. Now boss appears so goto him.

6. Finnally here's the boss:
    Demontorch Marauder fb99 Heaven
    (396 547) Wood
    Magic Level 100
    2.531.982 HP Wood immune
    This boss has an aoe debuff (increase damage received) and a magical aoe

Mold: Cape of Underworld Slayer
    Mold: Burst of Vacuity

Here's a link if you wanna see where I'm getting this info f/ or you wanna see what each boss looks like: http://www.ecatomb.net/boss-fb4.php#fb2
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited September 2010
    thanks for explaining this, but theres no need to get all pissy about it.
    anyways, voidweaver = too hard for herc, tried it time and time again, only to die trying.

Sorry but I took your last reply as being a smart a$$ implying idk wth I was talking about whereas I've been trying for this mold for 1.5 years+ b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    im always hoping for BH SoT and ask the squad to kill those bosses too

i wanna get hands on one of those molds D:!
    i like potato
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You don't need to kill Rancid Venerator to kill the tower. And yes, Voidweaver is definitely not herc tankable. I've been trying for this mold myself now for awhile, although so far I've been just helping a friend who will then help me once he gets his since I can't tank it hehe.

After you kill Voidweaver you have to pull the two Prisoners of Heaven from near Rancid Venerator, as they are connected to the tower. Then you have to be careful. Wait until Venerator walks away from it, and use a ranged attacker. If by some chance Rancid *does* see you, jump off the edge and he resets. Kill him if you want to but you don't have to. You only have to kill the tower to spawn Demontorch.

Demontorch is probably herc tankable. Always had a barb there for Voidweaver so I don't know tbh, but he doesn't seem all that bad. However since you need barb/cleric for Void, might as well take the easy route and go the whole way with that team. :)

I don't know that his drops are any more rare than any of the other boss's molds in that FB. But the fact of the matter is, the other bosses are killed more regularly and he almost *never* is. Unless someone is doing an FB and asks specifically for it, or a BH and asks (and even then gets a group that agrees, which doesn't always happen), he is skipped. Most people don't even know he exists. Same reason you never see the legendary hat mold from the hidden boss in Abaddon I assume.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    Probably just better off making lunar armor. Just shard it with def and you'll have like 3 more mag 8 more vit and whatever the third stat on lunar is (probably same as mold).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    volst wrote: »
    Probably just better off making lunar armor. Just shard it with def and you'll have like 3 more mag 8 more vit and whatever the third stat on lunar is (probably same as mold).

Lunar is pretty expensive. Getting that mold can take some time but it's not like someone would get it over Lunar/TT armor if they could afford all of those. Unless they wanted to have a full gold AA set for the looks.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    How damn rare can this get, I have seen 2! only 2 on HT.

Funny that you mention HT cause I saw one in the AH for 13m yesterday b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • trevtimusprime
    trevtimusprime Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They're @ least 30-40 on our server I've seen.

Hell my alt ep and mage both have one.

Not that rare, you just need people who farm regularly to buy them from :3

They go for about 15 mill a piece here.
    CB-Phase 1-4
    I am Snorlax and I will block your path.

DestroyTokyo- Voted best WereBeast on PWI Lost City server <3
  • Bartack - Heavens Tear
    Bartack - Heavens Tear Posts: 253 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Lunar is pretty expensive. Getting that mold can take some time but it's not like someone would get it over Lunar/TT armor if they could afford all of those. Unless they wanted to have a full gold AA set for the looks.

Lunar armor is relatively quick to farm and the top costs a fraction of the tt99 top.
  • Sukinee - Heavens Tear
    Sukinee - Heavens Tear Posts: 262 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got the mold to that chest piece...I was really lucky that my fiancee found it for me in the auction house. :) Now i just need to get to lvl 96 b:surrender

I have almost all the pieces of the mold 90s armor set; cape of underworld slayer, sleeves of demon sword, hat of arch wizard, and boots of soul reaper (I wanted to be unique and get the mold armor pieces for the 90s.)

All I need now are the Demonvision Leggings but they are the most hard to find of all b:cry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Member of Nocturne and Hikari...spread the light be nice to others!

"I conform to non-conformity." Join date: November 2008 :D
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You know the one thing I have NEVER seen on either the HA or the AA Molder Armors for the 90s are the leggings .... o.o;;; I was told that the Leggings are on a boss that doesn't exist in our version of the game, but I haven't looked into it just yet. It would be kinda cool, I have all the other pieces.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear
    Nowitsawn - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,864 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    You know the one thing I have NEVER seen on either the HA or the AA Molder Armors for the 90s are the leggings .... o.o;;; I was told that the Leggings are on a boss that doesn't exist in our version of the game, but I haven't looked into it just yet. It would be kinda cool, I have all the other pieces.

Actually they're the kind of molds that have a 0.0016% droprate from most 9X mobs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I had that armor, but since I was able to get 4 pieces of hh99 I changed to HH99. Even though the HH99 has that stupid evasion bonus, with the extra bonus of 15 vitality, for me it was better to use HH99 top, so I sold it for 30 million I think.
    edited September 2010

Well pwdatabase says otherwise...but when you look at the chance of the mold to drop you can see why you've probably never seen it.

http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13076
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear
    Gwendolynne - Heavens Tear Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Aww that makes sense .... I checked just now myself... wow the drop rate is sickening, but I suppose if one were so inclined for looks, they could wine and farm FB89 Eden ... Several of the bosses drop it in there, lol. Would be something to do to kill time... But the adds on the leggings aren't that great, Sad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Character Roster:
    Gwendolynne : 101/SageVeno - Xyleena : 102/DemonCleric
    Delecroix : 101/DemonSin - Anatoxin : 9x/SagePsy
    Raevynne : 100/DemonBM - GotMeTwisted : 8x/SageSeeker
    Deicidea : 8x/Mystic - Diva : 95/SageBM/Retired
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I got the mold to that chest piece...I was really lucky that my fiancee found it for me in the auction house. :)
    *takes a bow* :P

And yeah, has anyone ever gotten the legging mold (either LA or AA)? I have yet to see it on HT... ideally I'd like to find both for myself and Suki. :P But given its source, I doubt it's feasible... according to pwdatabase, they are trophy mode molds. Has anyone ever gotten them?

Oh, and... hey, HT players? If you're going after that mold from Demontorch Marauder, and a Mold: Burst of Vacuity happens to drop instead... I'm putting a 2mil bounty on it (as I am on a slightly insane quest to make a 2s one). So PM me here or in-game if you find that. ;]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    And yeah, has anyone ever gotten the legging mold (either LA or AA)? I have yet to see it on HT... ideally I'd like to find both for myself and Suki. :P But given its source, I doubt it's feasible... according to pwdatabase, they are trophy mode molds. Has anyone ever gotten them?

I've seen the AA leggings drop once. I was on LC when some dude said in WC that those poison spiders dropped a mold. (http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/items/13076) I think it was back when the 2x event was on around 6-9 months ago.
    Actually they're the kind of molds that have a 0.0016% droprate from most 9X mobs.

The actual drop rate is 0.0016%x<the additional drop rate>. For example, Harpy Kabals have a 0.0016%x0.5178% drop rate which is... too small number :P
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The actual drop rate is 0.0016%x<the additional drop rate>. For example, Harpy Kabals have a 0.0016%x0.5178% drop rate which is... too small number :P
    Yeah obviously no one's gonna hold their breath for a mob-dropped mold. :P

But according to pwdatabase, the molds can also be obtained through the quest "Gold Mold," which appears to be linked to Trophy Mode for higher-level instances. I bet someone's done Trophy Mode at that level before...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
    LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Yeah obviously no one's gonna hold their breath for a mob-dropped mold. :P

But according to pwdatabase, the molds can also be obtained through the quest "Gold Mold," which appears to be linked to Trophy Mode for higher-level instances. I bet someone's done Trophy Mode at that level before...

Yeah but I haven't seen any other Trophy Mode capes so far than the Wraithgate ones. You need 5 gold medals for a random mold and 8 for a kickass cape so I'd say people would rather take the cape than the mold. I can see why people don't want to try their luck with that.
  • Loarvion - Dreamweaver
    Loarvion - Dreamweaver Posts: 220 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    <-- has the mold in 3 tries :) love auka slaughter novo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Calamity RIP 6/11/2010 same day as my birthday tyvm whoever destroyed it for lovely birthday present ;) almost 3 years u will be forever missed

what will happen now
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    They're @ least 30-40 on our server I've seen.

Hell my alt ep and mage both have one.

Not that rare, you just need people who farm regularly to buy them from :3

They go for about 15 mill a piece here.

^ True

I had 3 drop in 4 runs...Got mine and gave the others to friends b:cute

MUCH better then the 99 top and end-game for many. I loved that top b:sad

Sadly though not Herc friendly...find a group to help you. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous