Wow... I'm positively baffled :-)

Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
Well, skipping the "kill some monsters for tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny tiny bit of extra exp"-quests and the one that now wants to send me to a dungeon after having me kill 80 annoying dazzlewings, the previous quest I did was Greedy Bloodclaw --- lots of work for a pile of useless bullcrap as "reward".

Just now, I did "Baffling". I get sent around a bit (not far, other quests are far worse), kill a handful of lowlevel monsters... and get this great sword that replaced my wand. No boss, no dungeon, no huge-HP-wannabe-boss, not even a serious amount of monsters to kill.

Wtf? Seems somebody mixed up some quest rewards... :-)

The sword is interesting... or rather, my wrist is. The wand was bad enough, but at least I was holding it a bit more towards the middle. But the sword... it's much longer, looks quite heavy, and I'm pretty much holding it on one end. Not holding it up or dragging it on the ground, I'm actually holding it horizontally...

Well, it does seem like an accident on the game makers part, though. Doing "Esoterica" now, which has already been a lot more work (and I haven't even gotten the first drop yet), and won't produce any useful reward... again. Standard PW quest :-)
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    The sword's supposed to work your upper body strength just a bit more. (And look pretty cool in the process.)

But yeah, the rewards haven't seemed to match the effort...but half the fun of the journey is the journey itself. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • volst
    volst Posts: 180
    edited September 2010
    Old quests are only for free rep to 5k.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    It's called... *gasp* PvE.

It's a thing one used to have to do to level. Now you don't need to PvE to level. You have CS, WQ, MQ, BH, Hyper Frost... and if you really consider that PvE... just lol.

Yeah, I work hard for my money. I inherited about $200,000 a day... all I needed to was pick up my quest (the envelope delivered to me), go to the instance (drive to my lawyers office), go inside the instance and kill a few mobs (walk in the door and talk to the receptionist) and then kill a boss (get that stupid lawyer to shut up so I can sign the papers and leave with the check), then turn in my quest to collect the reward (go to the bank and cash my check).

All in a day's hard work. b:chuckle
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Yes the way the quests are handled pisses me off a bit. But I love kill quests always.