Sage 4.0 VS Demon 5.0

VlLKASS - Sanctuary
VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
edited September 2010 in General Discussion
I've posted this before in barb section, but it's going to barely get any response there & I know how much you all are bored :D

So... I want some advice on my barb & fists. b:chuckle

Currently 3.33 Sage with all 11 lvl skills.

Just need others' opinions, should I:

*Stay sage, get the -int tome & go for 4.0 atk (& mastur-ugetit of with Wind Shield which removes my dmg reduction from spark).

or

*Switch to Demon, get 5.0 rate, lose all my skills -.- But don't purchase the scroll & instead use part of the money to get some skills bk.

b:question
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by VlLKASS - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    *see my post in the Barb section.

<___<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    I've posted this before in barb section, but it's going to barely get any response there & I know how much you all are bored :D

So... I want some advice on my barb & fists. b:chuckle

Just need others' opinions, should I:

*Stay sage, get the -int tome & go for 4.0 atk (& mastur-ugetit of with Wind Shield which removes my dmg reduction from spark).

or

*Switch to Demon, get 5.0 rate, lose all my skills -.- But don't purchase the scroll & instead use part of the money to get some skills bk.

b:question

Use windshield then spark durrrr
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Think that pretty much answers it, IMO.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GG, someone's rich.
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    GG, someone's rich.
    he merchants good.

btw vilk didnt templar have fists at one time? why not ask him?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Use windshield then spark durrrr

You missed the "(& mastur-ugetit of with Wind Shield which removes my dmg reduction from spark)" AKA making my spark pretty useless if I want to keep the speed up... durrrr

btw vilk didnt templar have fists at one time? why not ask him?
    I duno. I know Eyeofthtiger switched from sage-->demon but I'm not sure he had all the skills. I know he's happy with his choice.
    Um & don't think Templar even switched to demon.

Ty for replying Knowcase. I'll respond here:

I ultimately chose your second option. It was the cheapest option avail for 5.0 aps for my situation.imo, Sage 4.0 aps is more expensive than Demon 5.0 aps.
    Yup, demon is cheaper; but I have all the gear already; - the tome & was thinking of getting that eventually some time anyway.
    I need my TT99 LA bonus and Deicide left to get 4.0 aps as Demon so I save some money doing that.
    Best of luck :)

As for skills, well depends, honestly you can just get the Demon buffs atleast, and farm money for other skills.
    It's just such a waste to lose sage Titans -.- & Inspiration...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    honestly I'd probably just make another interval character on the same acct. Keep the barb's sage skills and make a fist bm or something.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    You missed the "(& mastur-ugetit of with Wind Shield which removes my dmg reduction from spark)" AKA making my spark pretty useless if I want to keep the speed up... durrrr

Right over your head it goes

If you use it before you spark, spark will over write it, thats how that buff works, simple as that..., and if you are going to spark again, use it right before you spark again...
  • Demon_EA - Harshlands
    Demon_EA - Harshlands Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    can someone from harshlands help me with sable mongoose please? I keep dying b:cry

And demon is better, you attack faster, uninstall if your sage
    The one and only... demon_troll... i will be pwn when i go demon again >)
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    honestly I'd probably just make another interval character on the same acct. Keep the barb's sage skills and make a fist bm or something.
    yes. also bm can be sage just for tanking xD
  • Deora - Lost City
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    yes. also bm can be sage just for tanking xD

Sage golden bell b:dirty
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    can someone from harshlands help me with sable mongoose please? I keep dying b:cry

GTFO troll. I'm tired of seeing your ugly faceb:shockedb:bye
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you can afford to buy your buff skills switch over. You wont need all of your level 11 skills as you wont skill spam for damage. So if you say "yes i can buy my demon buff skills (titan, beast kings, poison fang)," then do the switch.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • kenlee
    kenlee Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    If you can afford to buy your buff skills switch over. You wont need all of your level 11 skills as you wont skill spam for damage. So if you say "yes i can buy my demon buff skills (titan, beast kings, poison fang)," then do the switch.
    id never do this now when bosses in TT hit harder than ever. that damage reduction is quite useful now
    pretty much you get same stats as demon but you have to use genie for that. dont use it when you need that damage reduction xD
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Right over your head it goes

If you use it before you spark, spark will over write it, thats how that buff works, simple as that..., and if you are going to spark again, use it right before you spark again...

If you use it just before spark, you aren't getting much out of it. Wind Shield only lasts 8-10 seconds, if you do it before sparking you're wasting 1/3 of that time waiting for spark to resolve, leaving you with less than half of the spark under the speed boost.

I'd just stick with Sage. Sure you take a hit to your damage reduction when hitting 5.0, but usually that isn't much of a problem, you're still better off than a Demon defense wise. If you REALLY need that extra bit of DR for a tough boss, just throttle back to 4.0. The genie is like "Demon in a Bottle", use when needed.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    kenlee wrote: »
    id never do this now when bosses in TT hit harder than ever. that damage reduction is quite useful now

pretty much you get same stats as demon but you have to use genie for that. dont use it when you need that damage reduction xD

Uhhh extra 5 hits sparked with bloodpaint = 25% reduction, PLUS you spark faster = even more hp to make up for it, and on top of that soloing is now much easier.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    This. Since you already have all the Sage skills, why take a chance? Keep the Sage barb around in case PWE adds something which suddenly makes Sage the better choice again. Level up an alt to be your Demon interval character. Buy an account stash, and share the equipment between the two.
  • MistaBwanden - Sanctuary
    MistaBwanden - Sanctuary Posts: 2,803 Arc User
    edited September 2010

Sage = PvE
    Demon = PvP
    Uninstall just for being an idiot about what you said.
  • Angarika - Harshlands
    Angarika - Harshlands Posts: 375 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    few mad ppl in here
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Uninstall just for being an idiot about what you said.

I support this with both my daggers <==|-- <==|--
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Whats wrong with just sticking with the archer for 5.0? I know you have both on same account so I don't see why you need 2 5.0 characters.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • I_sage_i - Harshlands
    I_sage_i - Harshlands Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Sage golden bell b:dirty

demon bell>sage bell
  • Nuytiri - Lost City
    Nuytiri - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:victory eh i like sage^^ and im a sin xD
  • Haden - Dreamweaver
    Haden - Dreamweaver Posts: 376 Arc User
    edited September 2010

fail troll
    Good intentions are like peeing yourself in dark leather pants, you get warm feelings inside, but it doesn't show.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Whats wrong with just sticking with the archer for 5.0? I know you have both on same account so I don't see why you need 2 5.0 characters.

b:surrender I'm always out of keys on archer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ninnuam - Sanctuary
    Ninnuam - Sanctuary Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Don't butcher my sexy carpet rug b:angry Get Pheebz to 5.0.

Voila b:laugh
    b:dirty
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    b:surrender I'm always out of keys on archer

Nirvana is kinda meh these days anyway. Try variety with 2-3s, 3-3s, or WBs. Only good thing about nirv is that the mats are liquid and its very easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited September 2010
    Nirvana is kinda meh these days anyway. Try variety with 2-3s, 3-3s, or WBs. Only good thing about nirv is that the mats are liquid and its very easy.

b:chuckle Doubt I can melee tank a wb, don't have 10k hp like u & range tanking is just blah...
    3-3s,
    Lol that's a pain now
    Get Pheebz to 5.0.
    b:chuckle Dif account or I would
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]