Phew... the Greedy Bloodclaw

Options
Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited September 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
... is greedy indeed.

So, I'm at 0% and bored enough to play PW. Checking my bags to make sure I have all the paperwork, call my Magmite Lawyer and go pay a visit to the Bloodclaw to negotiate for my quest.

Turns out, he was even negotiating himself, complaining to me that with all the Wraith business going on, Wolfram & Hart no longer takes lowly clients like him and his own staff isn't really worth anything. Well, not exactly my problem, is it? You get what you pay for.

Anyway, those talks took their sweet time, I used several of my waters, but in the end I had to settle on a deal that would give him 39 Large Mystery Potions in exchange for a Treasure Chest 7. Geez, does that guy have any idea what the street price for these is? I told him over and over again that I'm not with the drug cartels, but he knew very well that I couldn't get that chest from anywhere else...

Still, in the end we made a deal, I got my chest, he got his potions, I flew away, he respawned and all is well.

I mean, really --- a quarter of the hitpoints would have been more than enough to show you can kill him.

EDIT: yeah well... takes forever to do, for a completely crappy reward including an "unable to trade" item that takes up another bank slot... if that isn't greedy I don't know what is.
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Soul Degeneration is your friend against him.
  • Deora - Lost City
    Deora - Lost City Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Soul Degeneration is your friend against him.

Unless you have sage soul degen... thats the most useless skill in the game
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

+1

I can't afford sage atm so until I get it (hey, I can dream) soul degen doesn't even get a place in my skill bar.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

unless your dealing with something that regens hp quickly, especially if its immune to amp. spirit consume is the most worthless skill in the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rhyme - Harshlands
    Rhyme - Harshlands Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    unless your dealing with something that regens hp quickly, especially if its immune to amp. spirit consume is the most worthless skill in the game.

Since when does any boss regen so fast your squad is like:

OMFGGGG WE NEED TO STOP HIS REGEN.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:angryadvanced cube of fate
    i like potato
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

+1

Apparently no one runs that :o
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

+1

Rhyme.
    b:angry
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    +1

And that is a shame.... but at the same time, more stuff for me!
  • Balthier - Dreamweaver
    Balthier - Dreamweaver Posts: 182 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Welcome aboard ladies and gentlemen. This is the thread headed for a nice story time by the fireplace. However, we are happy to announce that we have successfully derailed, and are now heading towards the unknown at maximum velocity. Have a safe trip!
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    So he IS soloable? Good to know. Maybe I'll finally do that quest sometime when I'm bored.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Zymeriah - Lost City
    Zymeriah - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2010
    Options
    Love the story, it was a good read :D

I hope you don't mind if i share mine?

I paid a visit to the bloodclaw last night too on my 69 veno. I was feeling particularly bored and I had no idea what i was in for since i'd never seen him before. It took me a few minutes to figure out where he actually was, since that cave hides pretty well under all the mushrooms in that little gully lol.

So i go walking in and spot him amongst all his little friends, and figure what the hell, i'll pull him out and see if my little darkbreed wolf is going to get one-shot lol. I have no idea what i was thinking... i had come totally unprepared to actually go through with it... i had 10 mana pots in my inventory and very little genie food. I did have the hp charm on from the goshiki quest though, so i think i figured that he was probably just gonna one-shot my dog and my charm would give me enough time to run the hell out of there. b:laugh

So i send my little puppy in and lure him out and realise that it is actually do-able if i spam heal my dog while i cast a spell every now and again........15 mins later i look at the greedy monsters hp bar and have a heart attack. I hadn't even gotten him down to anywhere near 3/4 of his health yet, i had 4 mp pots left and my genie had run out of food.....

I was contemplating just running for it and sacrificing my dog to him, then coming back later alot more prepared with a squad...that would have been the sensible option..... but then as if i'd been granted a wish, a passing-by lvl 69 bm came in and decided to give me a hand. I accepted him to squad with delight and then was determined to kill this sucker lol. About 10 mins later i ran out of mp pots, so i only had natures grace and soul transfusion to rely on. My pet kept aggro the whole time. I really have no idea how long it took us to kill him, but it would have been AT LEAST around the 45 min to 1 hour mark from when i first started soloing him. b:faint

When it was all over I then noted to myself that i would never ever do that again and went and got my reward.....And i agree with the op, the greedy bloodclaw is indeed greedy b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]