General Thoughts on Nirvana 99 Keys Quest

_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
_Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
edited June 2012 in General Discussion
so my question is...because the quest awards you a definite 2 rapture drop at the end and 10 cannies from the quest npc...does the person who did the 99 key quest get the raptures to because he used his keys? or are those also sold and split.

Thank you for your answers
TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Amsel - Sanctuary
    Amsel - Sanctuary Posts: 295 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    depends on ur squad, the last 3 i have been on they split the raptures.

i have the quest but my hubby says to go on a run where u keep them, (he has been on several of those)
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyone who would ask you to split the raptures from the 99 key boss are just plain greedy.

The boss doesn't spawn unless you use your 99 keys. Seeing how PWI put a value of 3m coin per key, if you activate the quest, they should be yours.

I've never been in a 99 key squad where the people dared ask if they could split them, though I have been in when a person offered to, but I as well as everyone else in party said to keep them.

Edit: Go with friends. Also, unless you're hurting for cash, save them for the next 2x drop event.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The last few I've been on they were split.. the first few I went on they were not.
    Alot of the hardcore farmers on my server ditched nirvana for 3-3 and now have large stashes of keys they hardly use so 99 key runs are becoming more frequent.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    VlLKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 1,396 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Anyone who would ask you to split the raptures from the 99 key boss are just plain greedy.

The boss doesn't spawn unless you use your 99 keys. Seeing how PWI put a value of 3m coin per key, if you activate the quest, they should be yours.

I've never been in a 99 key squad where the people dared ask if they could split them, though I have been in when a person offered to, but I as well as everyone else in party said to keep them.

Edit: Go with friends. Also, unless you're hurting for cash, save them for the next 2x drop event.

If the quest activator can solo the 99 boss Rappies are theirs, no problem by me. Otherwise it's split in squad because all are putting in an effort. I've done many 99s with my own chars, I'll happily split with my squadmates since I wouldn't have gotten to it without them.

I'd say if a person demands the rappies they are the greedy one, especially if it's a random squad lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    If the quest activator can solo the 99 boss Rappies are theirs, no problem by me. Otherwise it's split in squad because all are putting in an effort. I've done many 99s with my own chars, I'll happily split with my squadmates since I wouldn't have gotten to it without them.

I'd say if a person demands the rappies they are the greedy one, especially if it's a random squad lol.

Look at it this way. You're still getting a full Nirvana run. The extra boss is a bonus, so I think whoever spawns the boss should get to keep the Raptures. After all, the 99 keys are theirs to do with what they please. If you want the raptures from the extra boss, then use your own keys.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010

So they spend 99 of their keys and they are the greedy one? Meanwhile you want a split and spend 0 keys? ****ing brilliant logic b:bye
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
    edited August 2010

Just like I said, you proved my point. Greedy people... you pretty much fit the type of person I was talking about. If you you have to help, you have to have a cut.
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    The squads I went with usually gave the drops to the person who was using 99 keys.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I like the 99 keys quest cause I farm HH for better coin now. Nirvana takes too long to form with 6 people; whereas the lower HHs can be soloed and only takes 4 people to open instead of 6.

Free 8M or so every 33 days? + 1 Key to enter? Sounds good to me. Whoever keys should get all drops... unless they specifically say that want to split. Which in that case means they're stupid cause you can only get that quest every 100 keys...

If you squad with pick up squads... they're more likely to be want a split of your 99 keys. When I squad with my farming team it's whoever keyed it would get the drops.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I split the raptures with my party but that is usually because I did the run with my faction and as long as the money helps members I don't really care.

To be safe just state split or no split before starting instance it will save you the rage of someone feeling ripped off. I do not recommend doing that quest with a random squad off WC but that's just me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
    edited August 2010
    If you're doing random squads you're either:

A) Horrible, untrustable or desperate.

B) Picking up the chests.

I don't do pick-up squads. I've done maybe a half dozen out of the 400-500 Nirvana runs I've done. They were only because I was begged to help finish or a friend I trusted was picking up the chests. I would rather donate all my share to my faction in a faction run than I would join a pick-up party.

If you have trouble finding squads there is probably a good reason why.
  • _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited August 2010

B) Picking up the chests.

I don't do pick-up squads. I've done maybe a half dozen out of the 400-500 Nirvana runs I've done. They were only because I was begged to help finish or a friend I trusted was picking up the chests. I would rather donate all my share to my faction in a faction run than I would join a pick-up party.

If you have trouble finding squads there is probably a good reason why.

Yep.

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Yep... rather my coins go to people in faction than pick up squads from WC.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited August 2010

You should've seen how many shouts there were on Sanct on the 2x drops days. Those are usually badly geared (TT90 +3 or something), "bad" classes, people with no friends/faction or players who are hated by half of the server. There are still some shouts, mostly by the people I mentioned earlier.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I've always done splits on the raptures, otherwise why should anyone bother to stick around? Sure for a maxed out 5aps squad it's hardly much effort invested, but for less optimal squads there can be considerable time and resources expended. I personally would feel like I was taking advantage of friends if I asked them to spend thier time and resources so I could make an even bigger payday.

At current Sanct prices, and factoring that one gets 1/6 share of the rapts anyway, the keyperson walks away with 66% of the loot. If you can't give up 1/3 of your windfall to the 5 friends that helped you get it, I'd say you're the greedy one.
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Thanks everyone for your opinions...guess ill do the quest with some friends :)
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear
    Kiyoshi - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,385 Arc User
    edited August 2010

At current Sanct prices, and factoring that one gets 1/6 share of the rapts anyway, the keyperson walks away with 66% of the loot. If you can't give up 1/3 of your windfall to the 5 friends that helped you get it, I'd say you're the greedy one.

You know that can go both ways right... if they are your real friends... why would they care if they give up half a mil for you to walk away with 2 mats that you need. even by your example those friends DID NOT help you get anything... since themselves are taking a equal share. It all depends on how you look at it... but as far as i am conened anyone who wants to use the keys can keep the damn drops.
    1. If I kill you; do something about it yourself, don't go complaining to my wife.
    2. If you have less kill counts then me, don't expect me to take pk advice from you.
    3. If you are hiding behind an alt, don't expect me to acknowledge your existence.

Tokichiro - Heavy Armor Fish / Kiyoshi - Dual Blade Elf
  • Valirah - Sanctuary
    Valirah - Sanctuary Posts: 522 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    even by your example those friends DID NOT help you get anything... since themselves are taking a equal share.

They would only be taking a share of the 2 Raptures, the more valuble portion, the 10 Uncanny reward from the quest is solely the keyperson's. Even with the split raptures, the keyperson makes off with quite the lionshare, 66% vs. the 6.6% that each of the rest get. I hardly call that taking an equal share.

Perhaps a compromise would be best though. Since there are 2 raptures, 1 could be claimed by the keyperson, the other split to compensate the party.
  • VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Just like I said, you proved my point. Greedy people... you pretty much fit the type of person I was talking about. If you you have to help, you have to have a cut.
    I'm greedy because I believe ppl that help you out ought to be rewarded? & I don't mind giving a share of what could possibly be all my money to them? I guess I subconsciously expect the same from friends, but never even had to ask em to share rappies, they just always do.

If it's a random shout in wc for 99 :o there's no way in hell I'd join unless raps are split though, call me greedy or w/e.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    I'm greedy because I believe ppl that help you out ought to be rewarded? & I don't mind giving a share of what could possibly be all my money to them? I guess I subconsciously expect the same from friends, but never even had to ask em to share rappies, they just always do.

If it's a random shout in wc for 99 :o there's no way in hell I'd join unless raps are split though, call me greedy or w/e.

Your money? It's an extra boss they have to spawn with THEIR keys, you have no rights to the money let alone calling it yours LOL. With that kind of response yes, I will call you greedy.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• VlLKASS - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Your money? It's an extra boss they have to spawn with THEIR keys, you have no rights to the money let alone calling it yours LOL. With that kind of response yes, I will call you greedy.

"could possibly be all my money to them?"

Was a response to some of the previous posters who were saying that if you use the 99 key quest then everything should be yours.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2010
    "could possibly be all my money to them?"

Was a response to some of the previous posters who were saying that if you use the 99 key quest then everything should be yours.

"my money" it's still referred to as "my money," not "their money."
    BladedZero - Sanctuary

• MiniST - Sanctuary
    MiniST - Sanctuary Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    b:chuckle at the people saying going with random squad is bad or w/e I never got what this "bond" that is formed when you join a guild. You feel more secure because you have a chance at vindication when someone screws you over? I don't see the difference between going with people in your faction or random people. However, it is easier to get a group when you are in a faction, but that's besides the point.

Also, with the 99 keys, imo, i would keep one of the rapture and give on to the pile to split among the group. It's not like the people in your group stood there while you tanked :)
    edited August 2010

Wow, I'd hate for a tabber to take you on a FB they wined.

vilkASS "I helped, that mold doesn't belong to you, idc if it only sells for 50,000 coins, I want my share because I took the time to help you."

lol

At least you don't try to deny that you're greedy.
    edited August 2010
    Thinking more about this the most fair thing to do I think would be for 1 rapture to be added to the split.

People run nirvana for coins and coin efficiency is in coins per minute. A run takes 10 mins and includes 7 bosses. Lets say the average payout for a run is 700k. That means each boss you kill for 100k.

If you add the 99 key boss it adds significant additional time. That boss has huge amounts of HP and cannot be amped. In the time it takes to kill that boss you could easily kill 2 bosses of the next run which means an oppurtunity cost of 200k if you intend to spam nirvana runs. Giving 1 of the raptures to the squad will cover that added cost.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    edited August 2010
    Thinking more about this the most fair thing to do....

The most fair thing to do is to find friends to run Nirvana with who won't place a value on the time they spent on helping someone else, let alone someone you'd consider a friend.

Do you do sort green/gold mats by cleric, tank, dd and level order too?

/facepalm
    edited August 2010
    The most fair thing to do is to find friends to run Nirvana with who won't place a value on the time they spent on helping someone else, let alone someone you'd consider a friend.

Do you do sort green/gold mats by cleric, tank, dd and level order too?

/facepalm

Well by your definition it would be even more fair for all the drops of the run to go to a single person (the one who needs it the most) and not be split at all. Thats what true friends do for eachother and if you're not doing that I guess you're just greedy. After all you're just putting in time right?

Ohh and as for how I do TT split. I do all mats go to the subber since they are the ones that spawned every boss and I'm just putting in time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Well by your definition it would be even more fair for all the drops of the run to go to a single person (the one who needs it the most) and not be split at all. Thats what true friends do for eachother and if you're not doing that I guess you're just greedy. After all you're just putting in time right?

Would 160+ guild runs where all the crystals, gems and items from boxes go straight to faction to be distributed to those that earned it... meaning I helped friends get gear and weapons... does that count too?

Yep. Helping friends and faction mates gear up helps the guild and I benefit from that indirectly.
    Ohh and as for how I do TT split. I do all mats go to the subber since they are the ones that spawned every boss and I'm just putting in time.

Oh, you would equate 99 Nirvana keys to subs?

I never thought I'd say this to you, but you're an idiot. b:laugh
    edited August 2010
    Oh, you would equate 99 Nirvana keys to subs?

I never thought I'd say this to you, but you're an idiot. b:laugh

Actually you're right... subs cost money and keys are totally free.

If you feel like doing free runs for other people go for it. I think thats great that you spend the vast majority of your time doing free runs taking no drops.

That does not mean I feel the least bit greedy for taking a fair share.

For you to go around calling other people greedy for not living up to your god-like standard of altruism is asinine.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2010
    Actually you're right... subs cost money and keys are totally free.

If you feel like doing free runs for other people go for it. I think thats great that you spend the vast majority of your time doing free runs taking no drops.

That does not mean I feel the least bit greedy for taking a fair share.

For you to go around calling other people greedy for not living up to your god-like standard of altruism is asinine.

So how much do you charge to do 3rd map belt boss... of course it's an amazing piece of gear that would cost you at least 20-30m to find a decent equivalent. I mean Warsong belt is like 80m, so the 3rd map belt must be worth at least 10m. So your cut would be a little more than 1.5m coin?

And an FB, or a culti run? Obviously the only person benefiting from it is someone else, so you're going to be compensated for your time and arrows? lol

Are you 5aps yet? If not your should be paying others to allow you into instances. b:bye
This discussion has been closed.