Important News from PW-CN

Options
Egaenil - Heavens Tear
Egaenil - Heavens Tear Posts: 853 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Off-Topic Discussion
Friend just told me some SHOCKING news from PW-CN, I think Mod/GM should be worried about all these too.

The news is : PWE has cut 80% job in China last month about 2000 people due to lowering of profit!! As we all know, share price for PWI(US) is downing 32% so far this year.

NOW I see why we having packs sale none stop b:bye it all make sense now. My question is.. is PWE trying to grab as much money as they can before they shut down PWI and move to other newer games?

On other news, 3-x beast got nurfed drop rate on PW-CN, beast boss now random aggro, aoe sealing, aoe lowering hp, aoe damage, aoe slow, aoe get rid of your own buff. AND self buff. As we know, PWI will just copy exact what's happening on PW-CN, oh side note.. he does all those every 45secs or so, I'm sure we will enjoy it.

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Oh and.. you guys better start to stock up on beast's drops before price all go up.

And.. I wont be doing bh 3-3 no more once the change comes here

That's all.

Properly gona get locked removed forum banned.. oh well.. just a 3D chat program to me
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"wink wink"
Post edited by Egaenil - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Lenore - Harshlands
    Lenore - Harshlands Posts: 1,201 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I always did say these mad sales are happening because PWE knows the game is about to die.

Good thing I got my beast drops already :D
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Freaken lame man....LLAAAAAMMEEEb:angry
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Post link or Troll.
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    inb4PWElies
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Intriguing if true. Link would be nice, for verification.
    As for lock/move, can't see why, personally. It's perfectly relevant to PWI.

...'course, that's not to say the mods shouldn't have fire extinguishers at the ready.
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Post link or Troll.

Yes yes, I'm just trolling away b:chuckle Yes do please think it that way
  • RazorTank - Lost City
    RazorTank - Lost City Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    ...Ima roll yu, and by roll i mean tackle u and roll my fatty barbness over ub:cute
  • Dhrunia - Lost City
    Dhrunia - Lost City Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    See now THIS is something that could get you banned. Not http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=9612152
  • C/LLlE - Heavens Tear
    C/LLlE - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Yes yes, I'm just trolling away b:chuckle Yes do please think it that way

b:cold you told us lies?
    Wrap me in a bolt of lighting,
    Send me on my way still smiling;
    Maybe that's the way I should go,
    Right into the mouth of the unknown...
  • Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary
    Thelas_Carr - Sanctuary Posts: 448 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    11 Aug 2010 - Motely Fool actually suggests that PWRD is a good investment bargain based on return-on-investment.

11 Aug 2010 - Yahoo Finance indicates that Chinese gaming stocks in general have had a [minor] 1% pull-back due to a new Chinese law aimed at curbing children's Internet addiction. Big whoop... >.>

10 Aug 2010 - Motely Fool says PWRD is actually with revenue gains of 16%

5 Aug 2010 - Seeking Alpha also indicated that PWRD is a good buy with huge growth in net income and a climb to the top-5 of Chinese gaming companies.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=PWRD+Key+Statistics - Check the financials... High profitability, absolutely no debt!, strong cash-on-hand... the depressed P/E ratio tells me that this is a great time to buy the stock. :p

Not one shred of evidene suggesting a massive lay-off and the SEC filings due on 16 Aug 2010 will likely confirm that the company is strong as ever and probably under-valued in the market at this time.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

b:victory 20 best armour stocked up
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why did they target Beast specifically?
  • NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Why did they target Beast specifically?

Apparently he already dropped way too many GBAs.
  • Lenore - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Apparently he already dropped way too many GBAs.

From what I inferred from the post, all Beast strain bosses will be changed this way, including the 3-3 one.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    11 Aug 2010 - Motely Fool actually suggests that PWRD is a good investment bargain based on return-on-investment.

11 Aug 2010 - Yahoo Finance indicates that Chinese gaming stocks in general have had a [minor] 1% pull-back due to a new Chinese law aimed at curbing children's Internet addiction. Big whoop... >.>

5 Aug 2010 - Seeking Alpha also indicated that PWRD is a good buy with huge growth in net income and a climb to the top-5 of Chinese gaming companies.

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/ks?s=PWRD+Key+Statistics - Check the financials... High profitability, absolutely no debt!, strong cash-on-hand... the depressed P/E ratio tells me that this is a great time to buy the stock. :p

Not one shred of evidene suggesting a massive lay-off and the SEC filings due on 16 Aug 2010 will likely confirm that the company is strong as ever and probably under-valued in the market at this time.

b:surrender Sry this is PW-Beijin.. not PWE b:surrender I got it wrong

Errr.. are you sure you even look at the right stock price look at the start of the year, $43, and current price $24.92..

LOL you better not do share trading.. all you do is read the news.. dont actually look at the numberb:thanks
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:surrender Sry this is PW-Beijin.. not PWE b:surrender I got it wrong

PW-Beijing = PW-CN = PWI = PWE = PWRD

It's all the same company
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Remember the housing bubble? Nothing has changed. Everyone was told to buy into Bear Strerns the week before it broke too b:bye
  • Arliana - Dreamweaver
    Arliana - Dreamweaver Posts: 410 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    u know what'd be funny? they announce server merging.
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    PW-Beijing = PW-CN = PWI = PWE = PWRD

It's all the same company

b:shutup it was a faceplam moment.. coz he cant read the chat showing pwd falling in price..
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Remember the housing bubble? Nothing has changed. Everyone was told to buy into Bear Strerns the week before it broke too b:bye

+1

10char
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TheDan - Sanctuary
    TheDan - Sanctuary Posts: 3,495 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Lol Yes, Bei Jing's the capital of China same thing b:chuckle
    BM PvP Guide: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1320761

YouTube channels: youtube.com/TheDan912 and youtube.com/TheDanPWI
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    b:shutup it was a faceplam moment.. coz he cant read the chat showing pwd falling in price..

Facepalm for Fuzzy as well...

You think simply looking at the stock price today vs. a few months ago and seeing its lower means the company is going to close its doors?

If the stock is tracked over a 12 - 24 month period, it is still outperforming the S&P index.

OMG they must be in trouble!

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    They did make Steelation in 3-3 harder and Nirvana to, i would not be surprised if they amp more bosses that drop 99 gold in the future so people with **** gear cant farm and we need to use more hp-charm for pve.

But 3-1 beast drop rate cant really be anymore nerfed than it already is b:chuckle

Like 1 green in 8 runs at best <.<

Beast in 3-3 already stuns like every 20 sec how the hell will he have time to seal + debuff+ random agro + aoe to o.o
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options

Apparently you haven't looked at the price of PWRD over a 1 or 2 year span.

They did make Steelation in 3-3 harder and Nirvana to, i would not be surprised if they amp more bosses that drop 99 gold in the future so people with **** gear cant farm and we need to use more hp-charm for pve.

But 3-1 beast drop rate cant really be anymore nerfed than it already is b:chuckle

Like 1 green in 8 runs at best <.<

Beast in 3-3 already stuns like every 20 sec how the hell will he have time to seal + debuff+ random agro + aoe to o.o

Yeah, Dark Colluseast is a stingy boss now. He's the stingiest boss in 3-3 really.

Sure, make 3-3 more difficult. It would be nice to corner the market on 99 gold.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    GUIS I jus heard da creator and president of Perfect World just farted really loud and the other workers all noticed!

OMg it's dA end uF PuRfukt WurLD I knEW IT!1!!!!11
    I <3 AGOREY
  • sleepcat
    sleepcat Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Beast in 3-3 is also a BH100 bounty. Just pointing out the possibility of that connection with the changes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You think simply looking at the stock price today vs. a few months ago and seeing its lower means the company is going to close its doors?

If the stock is tracked over a 12 - 24 month period, it is still outperforming the S&P index.

The value of stock on the market must be looked at in comparison to that of others too. Only those who really know that market can make somewhat reliable estimate if a title is good or not. As for PW, don't worry, they are not even on the verge of shutting down. Read on this extract from a longer article on PW :
    In the past three fiscal years [...] their net income grew from 50m to 100m to 150m for 2009. But more importantly, PWRD has not been idle nor satisfied with being just a gaming company. [...] PWRD has used the tremendous high cash flows generated by their games to finance and diversify into other entertainment businesses where synergies can be created. For instance, PWRD also operates an online literature site, and last year produced their first big screen production "Sophie's Revenge" which turned out to gross among the top five movies in China last year. They have also recently acquired additional stakes in other TV and film assets. In short, their aim is not to be just an online gaming company, but a major brand in China's entertainment future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Egaenil - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Facepalm for Fuzzy as well...

b:shutup

Faceplam.. can you not read I said price falling from the start of the year, and where did I said PWE is closing door? b:bye please quote what I said.. don't put what you think into it

Apparently you haven't looked at the price of PWRD over a 1 or 2 year span.

Their profit is down from last year, Do you think there s more in game support, more GM compare to 2 years ago? or maybe even a year ago?

All i'm saying is, I THOUGHT PWI is mean to be the flag ship game for pwe, but I'm just having a feeling that they are shifting to imortal online or someting.. the new game b:surrender
  • Blancheneige - Heavens Tear
    Blancheneige - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,494 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Their profit is down from last year
    They are? Not according to the results posted for the first quarter of 2010 anyway... read on :

First Quarter 2010 Highlights(1)
    -- Total revenues were RMB625.0 million (USD91.6 million), an increase of
    2.8% from 4Q09 and 47.0% from 1Q09
    -- Gross profit was RMB537.9 million (USD78.8 million), an increase of
    2.2% from 4Q09 and 45.9% from 1Q09
    -- Operating profit was RMB323.2 million (USD47.3 million), an increase of
    16.9% from 4Q09 and 40.3% from 1Q09. Non-GAAP operating profit(2) was
    RMB344.9 million (USD50.5 million), an increase of 15.6% from 4Q09 and
    40.3% from 1Q09
    -- Net income attributable to the Company's shareholders was RMB305.2
    million (USD44.7 million), an increase of 12.7% from 4Q09 and 41.6%
    from 1Q09. Non-GAAP net income attributable to the Company's
    shareholders(2) was RMB327.0 million (USD47.9 million), an increase of
    11.7% from 4Q09 and 41.6% from 1Q09
    -- Basic and diluted earnings per ADS(3) were RMB6.12(USD0.90) and
    RMB5.75(USD0.84), respectively, as compared to RMB5.44 and RMB5.09,
    respectively, in 4Q09, and RMB4.14 and RMB3.96, respectively, in 1Q09.
    Non-GAAP basic and diluted earnings per ADS(2) were RMB6.56(USD0.96)
    and RMB6.16(USD0.90), respectively, as compared to RMB5.88 and RMB5.50,
    respectively, in 4Q09, and RMB4.43 and RMB4.25, respectively, in 1Q09

The results for the second quarter of 2010 will be released next week. It will be interesting to see how good or bad they will be, eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks Brit for the sig b:laugh
  • Conavar - Heavens Tear
    Conavar - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,193 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Their profit is down from last year, Do you think there s more in game support, more GM compare to 2 years ago? or maybe even a year ago?

Even if the profit is down from last year its perfectly understandable and normal considering how many new games they have released lately. Those new games will take a while to become self supporting and profitable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]