When you're playing your alt...

XylolyX - Heavens Tear
XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
When you're playing your alt and the barb in your squad is underperforming do you give them advice, or do you just ignore it?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lvl10XBarb
Lvl10XArcher
lvl10XAssassin
Post edited by XylolyX - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• WeirdOz - Raging Tide
    WeirdOz - Raging Tide Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I do try to give them advice. Usually they listen. Might be because I talk reasonably and using the full name of the skill e.g Flesh Ream, not fr or "u know da aggro skill". I don't want to die.
  • Qingzi - Harshlands
    Qingzi - Harshlands Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I give advise, some happily accepts anything that can make them play better, other people just rage "your a pys u cant play barbb:angry

If they rage, I just try to keep everyone but them alive.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Bad tactics from player should be listening and they have to observe their enemies. Which is not what they are doing. In the old days, players pay attention to what they are doing. I did learn a lot from my old faction leaders. Though they were never playing a barb that time, they seem to come across good barbs back then. The barbs that have learned to play can help the new ones from the beginning.

At 1-39 barbs have to be taught, like other classes, making the class get better as they play, they should know how to play by level 40. If they do not know how to play their class by 60, should start playing the class over again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Fuzzy thinks the more important question be "who would ever want to play an alt???"

....unless ofcourse its another barb

b:pleasedb:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kephras - Heavens Tear
    Kephras - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    A fair question Fuzzy. To which I would answer, "Keph doesn't look nearly as awesome in tight leather pants." b:chuckle
  • Blood_Panda - Raging Tide
    Blood_Panda - Raging Tide Posts: 161 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    everyone thinks I am the Alt.. when i am playing.. :p

I give advise to veno before.. cleric before.. archers.. sin.. lol..

just really common sense and easy stuff.. b:laughb:laugh

Result of reading too much forum.
    Build Aiming for : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=99d12b053ed06fe9
    Retired : pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=a798089d5502e95b
    17k hp since level 92.. now @ 13k Hp on 100
  • OMarvelous - Sanctuary
    OMarvelous - Sanctuary Posts: 339 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't have an alt...so I can't answer this question.

However I do notice that everyone and their mother claims to have a barb, or a brother/sister who has one etc etc. They all think they're an authority on the subject. 95% of the time, they're not.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I don't have an alt...so I can't answer this question.

However I do notice that everyone and their mother claims to have a barb, or a brother/sister who has one etc etc. They all think they're an authority on the subject. 95% of the time, they're not.

Word.

I don't tell other people how to play their classes, so why do they bother me with illogic?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    i give advice to some barbs when I do BH on my Archer (lazy mode pew pew machine) Alt. Most of the time its someone in the squad getting aggro because, as the barb puts it, "is low on chi and cant ream". When I hear this I say to them... "my method is to start the fight with alacrity, then do flesh ream, then surf impact, frighten, and ream again.. keep repeating this process after each cancel. also use bestial rage at each cool down" One barb said "i did that but I ran through mana really quick" b:surrender

ofc.. you dont even need to do all that when you wear a pole hammer. The attack rate of it is sufficient to keep you with enough chi to ream at each C/D when you use alacrity at each cancel and bestial rage at each cool down. Only boss I use that method on is the "hands boss" in FC due to the "no aoe" rule (all other chi building skills are AoE lol). The first method i mentioned though is a good chi builder to keep devour up by replacing the second ream with devour instead - though depending on the squads damage i have to forgo devour and use the second ream.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I was doing BH51 on my BM the other day.

Barb ran up to mobs, switched to normal form, then auto attacked the mobs. I used one AOE and got all the aggro.

I kept giving the barb advice and telling him to use tiger form but he just kept saying "better DD like this"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Both my main and alt are barbs so I don't have a say in this b:surrender I don't like being told how to tank though, especially from 5 aps sins asking me to use roar to "gain" aggro b:shutup I politely tell them to either tank the run, reroll a barb and tank it, or do their job by controlling their 3 sparks and leave the tanking part to me b:thanks
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    These are all good answers.

I'm only asking because I DO have alts- lazy archer like Baalbak, and a veno- mostly for a more rounded experience within the game. I've run into a few barbs that honestly had no clue and I've tried to give them pointers along the way. Most are fairly receptive but there's a few that say things like "how would you know, you're not a barb."

Oh but I am. Oh but I am.

And when I encounter a good barb, I tell them that as well.

(BTW I do all of this in PM so I'm not calling them out in squad chat.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • DangerField - Dreamweaver
    DangerField - Dreamweaver Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    As a sin alt I dont even try.
    I merely make sure I dont take aggro and damn sure with squad-wipe bosses like in 69.

To be honest I dont often see fail barbs at my lvl (82 sin alt) but I do see a lot of fail dds and clerics. Clerics that dont purify or rez a dd to let the barb die as the most common, and dds should really learn to check out the barbs gear to manage their own aggro.

I have however seen barbs buffing up with bloodbath in an instance quite a few times. stop that plzb:cry
  • BarbLord - Raging Tide
    BarbLord - Raging Tide Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Even though I havent played pwi for a while (because I was on a holiday)
    I do give advice to barbs when im playing my sin alt if needed, If they are going to badmouth me **** them I will try to keep the clerics alive when they **** up if i can atleast
    as my priority in a squad with fail tank(when I'm playing my sin) is (main)cleric>self>all others
  • Garru - Heavens Tear
    Garru - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Just like BarbLord above me I too havent played in a while (was off for school and vacation) and I come on here to check the forums every now and then. I had a veno alt to get some extra cash in and when I do runs with random ppl Im always giving advice to the barb tank in our group. Half the time I have to tell them spam ream if you want to keep aggro or tank in tiger form. And of course I get those responses "your not a barb so **** you" Once they die or party whipe cuz the barb didnt want to take my advice I just go "thats what you get for not listening to a barb playing on his alt".
    I am not a vegetarian because I love animals; I am a vegetarian because I hate plants. b:chuckleb:laughb:chuckle
  • crazylepton
    crazylepton Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    I do try to give advice when playing my veno. Usally they listen, because most lower lvl players feel a little lost i think. they are willing to hear any advice to make their lives easier. Tho I have run across a few that wont listen.
    I remember once taking control of the squad on my veno to get my BH 39 done. Everyone but the barb seemed to be able to tell that I knew what i was talking about. The barb just kept QQing and everyone just ignored him. I coudlnt help but laugh.
  • Bogatir - Heavens Tear
    Bogatir - Heavens Tear Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    even on my main 98bm i watch and listen to other players my class or not. learn a lot that way. my alt is a 26 barb with an entirely different skill set and job function so u bet i listen to others. i may not always take the advice but at least think about it. if they just scream at u tends to make u defensive and not really pay attention. but if they're respectful and say do this because this is what happens or do this because of this. makes it much easier to listen to them. and i for one appreciate anybody trying to help me play better.