Nature's breath on a barb = relief for 59-95 in PVE? Thoughts?

Options
Yulk - Heavens Tear
Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Barbarian
I hate how slow a physical class regenerates MP so slow. Especially barbs when I use so much MP and have to rest every few mobs... So yeah, going on my barb again since my daughter is active ingame now.

I bought my Natures Breath and figured it will serve me well until level 95 where I get Spring amulet. Since I am going sage on my barb while having sage feral regeneration. I can even keep the necklace to regen more MP.

Would 7 MP (14 when resting) be enough? I'd probably even get VIT, DEX and MP recovery cape so I don't have to add much DEX. I'd love to hear some words about my plan. Thanks for the opinions :)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
Post edited by Yulk - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You could do that or... you could use a single MP potion since those tend to refill a barb's low MP pool with just one of them.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I use 1 mp pot that has a level requirement 20 levels below my level and refill my mp completely. Pretty good I think.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I use 1 mp pot that has a level requirement 20 levels below my level and refill my mp completely. Pretty good I think.

Hi there, Nostalgia Critic. When did you start playing PWI?
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I do use MP pots/apoth during boss fights, or elite mobs. Saving MP pots for fights that will take a bit. So I'll make the mold and use it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    XylolyX - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sage Feral Regeneration FTW.

My mana pool rarely runs dry, I keep 20-25 pots (980mp) on me for emergencies. When I do run low, I meditate for 10-20 seconds and I'm full again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    Cybetron - Harshlands Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is Sage Feral Regen really that effective? I never bought the skill for my barb thinking that MP regen is reduced when not in meditation. Since we have less MP regen to start with (owing to no points in mag) a few extra regen points from the mastery wouldn't really help.

I don't want to change my gear just to fill my mana. If the skill really does help out without any change in gear then I guess I'ld go for it.
  • Malego - Heavens Tear
    Malego - Heavens Tear Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    Hi there, Nostalgia Critic. When did you start playing PWI?

Someone finally understood my sig!b:victory

It didn't seem like anyone on these forums watched his show.b:surrender

I have a cape of taurian chieftain to help me recover my mp faster. Beyond that though, 1 single mp pot refills more mp than I even have. Other than repairs I find playing a barbarian overall rather cheap.
    I am a barb that does not powerlevel, nor cash shop. I may not be the highest level, nor have the best gear. However unlike others, I know how to play.b:pleased
  • XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Is Sage Feral Regen really that effective? I never bought the skill for my barb thinking that MP regen is reduced when not in meditation. Since we have less MP regen to start with (owing to no points in mag) a few extra regen points from the mastery wouldn't really help.

I don't want to change my gear just to fill my mana. If the skill really does help out without any change in gear then I guess I'ld go for it.

It does help a tremendous amount, I rarely use an MP pot if I'm grinding/questing. Just meditate in tiger form and watch the blue bar fill up. I also have the Tauron cape too, so that helps a tiny bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Sage Feral Regeneration FTW.

My mana pool rarely runs dry, I keep 20-25 pots (980mp) on me for emergencies. When I do run low, I meditate for 10-20 seconds and I'm full again.

I always carry my apoth, but sometimes its best saving them for squads rather than using a lot of them. #1 reason for me to go as a sage barb

Sage feral regen is sure to be useful IMHO. This toon have two pieces of MP recovery +2, recovering 5 MP per second. I also have to mention that it does stack with either cleric's buff or regen powders. With Cleric's level 10 regen buff that is 15 MP per second, Powder's buff is 55 MP per second.

So as a sage barb with feral regeneration, that would be 20 MP per sec with cleric's MP buff or either 60 or 110 MP per second with powders. Adding onto MP recovery with Nature's breath.

So if you rest on cleric's buff with Nature's breath equipped
    (10+7+10)*2=54 MP per second

With flourish orb / focus powder when resting
    (10+7+50)*2=134 MP per second

and with concentrate orb (forgot the next one) when resting
    (10+7+100)*2=234 MP per second
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Xylo I understand that questing and grinding would be benefited with the Regen but my main concern was running out of mana pots or orbs when in FCs, Nirvana or on WBs. Since I wouldn't have the time to meditate I am not sure whether the Mana Regen would help or not. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to argue against the skill, I am just concerned about learning this skill since I wouldn't want to spend a few millions coins and spirit to learn a skill just to be disappointed (already failed royally when I decided to learn Garotte b:surrender b:cry).

@Yulk MP Regen armor surely helps but I believe that our HP and MP regen rate suffers when we are in a non-meditate state. I don't remember the actual attenuation but I reckon its reduced to 25%. Correct me if I am wrong.
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    @Xylo I understand that questing and grinding would be benefited with the Regen but my main concern was running out of mana pots or orbs when in FCs, Nirvana or on WBs. Since I wouldn't have the time to meditate I am not sure whether the Mana Regen would help or not. Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to argue against the skill, I am just concerned about learning this skill since I wouldn't want to spend a few millions coins and spirit to learn a skill just to be disappointed (already failed royally when I decided to learn Garotte b:surrender b:cry).

@Yulk MP Regen armor surely helps but I believe that our HP and MP regen rate suffers when we are in a non-meditate state. I don't remember the actual attenuation but I reckon its reduced to 25%. Correct me if I am wrong.

Resting gives twice as much MP back... Assuming how much MP a barb would have, it should take around 6-12 seconds to get back up. But sometimes it is not always good to rest a lot. However it does help with grinding/TTs/FBs a lot for saving good amounts of MP potions and powders. It is terrible that MP regen gets cut because of attenuation state for like 25%. But before boss fights, should take quick enough to regain MP without using MP pots. Barbs have the least max MP, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem. I'm sure you'd have enough time unless in FCs and Nirvana if you have at least 15 seconds break that is... but not WB since I have seen chance of resting is impossible thanks to WB battles so long.

As for HP regen, I do agree it is not really worth it since there is sunder and the max HP is huge... it is pretty slow because of barb's max HP is so high but the regen doesn't recover fast enough to regain it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options

I meditate between pulls in FC. Doesn't take long to be full or close to full in 10-20 seconds. Keep a few lvl 60 mana pots for extended boss fights and you'll be fine. In fact I'll be meditating before the pull as the cleric is stacking IH on me. As long as your squad is halfway mature, they understand what you're doing and why. Like I said before, I try to keep 25 pots on me during FC-I've never used more than 12 or 13.

As far as the regen during combat, I understand it is 50% of normal. I may be wrong.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin
  • Cybetron - Harshlands
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You use only 12 mana pots in an FC ? b:shocked If I don't carry orbs then I suck up atleast 45 of the level 60 pots b:cry And it's worse when tanking WBs. b:sad Hmmm I guess I'll buy the skill then. Still need more coin to buy Sage Sunder.

Thanks for the info Yulk and Xylo b:thanks
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    np, and glad for the talk about sage Feral regeneration and Nature's breath
    As far as the regen during combat, I understand it is 50% of normal. I may be wrong.

Yeah, its true. I remembered I was recovering half MP. As a BM I recover 1 MP (Naturally) and 4 MP with MP gears which makes 5. I was recovering with 2 and 3, which is 2.5 MP per sec average when I am in combat.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

HA > LA > AR... GG

• XylolyX - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2010
    Options
    You use only 12 mana pots in an FC ? b:shocked If I don't carry orbs then I suck up atleast 45 of the level 60 pots b:cry And it's worse when tanking WBs. b:sad Hmmm I guess I'll buy the skill then. Still need more coin to buy Sage Sunder.

Thanks for the info Yulk and Xylo b:thanks

Cybe, as long as your squad isn't impatient, they should allow you to rest long enough to regen a little mana. Most of the time I'll meditate when everyone is picking up coins after pulls, then again before a big pull and after buffing everyone.

As long as you start out with a full mana pool and you don't spam skills more than necessary, there should be no problem. When the BM demon sparks and steals aggro, just go human and DD- no reason to play musical aggro, as it doesn't help the cleric at all. Sage spark and use regular attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Lvl10XBarb
    Lvl10XArcher
    lvl10XAssassin