Having a really strange issue...blue screen of death.

Options
Hisuna - Sanctuary
Hisuna - Sanctuary Posts: 1,071 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Support Desk
I'm getting blue screened, yet causing no permanent damage to the computer whatsoever.

The reason is frustrating and I find myself unable to figure out what to do.

The game plays just fine, there is never, and I mean never, a problem with playing the game, no matter where I go, or what I'm doing, it's totally fine. But if I try to take a screenshot, or record a video with something like xfire, it blue screens immediately. The computer reboots fine, and once again nothing happens unless I try to take a screenshot or video.

Now here's the clencher. If I use the print screen function for anything else, it works fine. If I click outside the game screen, and use print screen, and paste the screenshot into another program that way, it works also. I only get the blue screen, when taking a screenshot or video from the active game window. I know it must be my computer, nobody else has this problem. But I have absolutely no idea what the problem is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The family is a haven in a heartless world.
Once a Guardian, Always a Guardian. Element: Fire.
Post edited by Hisuna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your hardware be getting old?
    b:puzzled
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • surtr
    surtr Posts: 3,378 Perfect World Employee
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I know it may be hard because I don't know how long its stays up before rebooting, but if you can try to write down the actual error message on the blue screen it will help tremendously.
    ==/Senior QA Lead/==

Surtr from the south wielding fire
    The gods' swords shine in the darkness, like stars in the night
    Mountains collapse into rubble and fiends shall fall
    Man walks the road to ruin as the sky splits in two

• Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Your hardware be getting old?
    b:puzzled

I don't think that's it. If it was just old hardware I doubt the problem would be so specific. I think it has more to do with a driver or .DLL file, but I can't figure out what I need to get or replace. It's strange I never had the problem before though. It's been since the tideborn release, which granted has been awhile, but I haven't really wanted to take screenshots or video until now.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Surtr wrote: »
    I know it may be hard because I don't know how long its stays up before rebooting, but if you can try to write down the actual error message on the blue screen it will help tremendously.

I will reboot once normally so I can change the settings to not auto-reboot on blue screen, then I will get that for you, give me a few minutes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hisuna - Sanctuary
    edited August 2010
    Options
    I have an interesting update that somehow I did not figure out until now. I logged onto a mule to just press the screenshot key to get the screen, and the screenshot worked. Saved it just fine. So of course I was wtf'ing. The mule was a level 1 barb. So I logged back onto my psychic and took one, and bam, blue screen. Turns out it only happens while on a tideborn character.

Also this is what it says.

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ialmdev5.DLL

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

ialmdev5.DLL - Address BF04963F base at BF043000, DS 00000000
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • xearo167
    xearo167 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2010
    Options
    Ok that basically means well... Run scan disk to be shure.. but you're hard drive might have errors... Page fault in non page area means that windows was attempting to write to the page file but failed.

also try cleaning any unused or needed programs *uninstall*

If that fails to work *depending on you're drive interface* you might want to make sure the hard drive is connected good or the cable is not damaged.

as for sata drives.. try a different sata port:P *mines like that.. i put the drive on a different port and viola..