Was TT nerfed (again)?

Daikataro - Dreamweaver
Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
Been doing quite a bit of TTs to get enough cash for my lunar cape, and i noticed a significant decrease on drops, specifically today we ran 3 different 1-3 and we got:

1st run:
-2 chin's plate
-4 war drum (this was nice)
-1 soulgatherer's mirror
-1 serpent blood
-0 tough shards of golden armor
-9 mirages

2nd run
-3 chin's plate
-1 war drum
-0 soulgatherer's mirror
-1 serpent blood
-12 mirages

3rd run
-2 chin's plate
-0 war drum
-0 soulgatherer's mirror
-1 serpent blood
-8 mirages

Are drops supposed to be this RIDICULOUSLY LOW? try and split 3 mats among a 5 men squad! TT drops had been low so far, but it seems like TT was further nerfed on this maint, come on!
Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
Post edited by Daikataro - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Did you Oracle your level? b:surrender

That drop rate looks about right...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT has not been nerfed...

...ppl were sadly spoiled by the 2x drops we were given in the past. -.-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    thats just bad luck
    the max amount of mats you can get per boss is 6. so that would make 3 the average mats you can get from a boss.(not talking about double/triple green mat bosses btw)
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Asperitas - Lost City
    Asperitas - Lost City Posts: 907 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Did you Oracle your level? b:surrender

No, no no. The new standard is if you're not getting 1 gold every 2 runs, there's a problem.

---

On a serious note, I wouldn't say it was nerfed just from 3 runs, especially since the first one was quite lucrative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Actually that looks below normal. Sometimes you just get a string of bad runs together though.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Actually that looks below normal. Sometimes you just get a string of bad runs together though.

Not for any 1-3 I have ever been on....You are right though in that you can have horrible runs consecutively.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Not for any 1-3 I have ever been on....You are right though in that you can have horrible runs consecutively.

Really? I almost always get 5-8 of the good mats (blood, shard, mirror, drum)... only a few times have I gotten less than 5, and on some very good runs I've come out with 12 or more. I'm talking normal drop rate, not 2x either.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Really? I almost always get 5-8 of the good mats (blood, shard, mirror, drum)... only a few times have I gotten less than 5, and on some very good runs I've come out with 12 or more. I'm talking normal drop rate, not 2x either.

Yeah...maybe that is why I was never a fan of 1-3.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Malei - Sanctuary
    Malei - Sanctuary Posts: 281 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    3rd run
    -2 chin's plate
    -0 war drum
    -0 soulgatherer's mirror
    -1 serpent blood
    -8 mirages

Yes, that was your unlucky run. The 4 war drums were pretty nice, actually normal for any type of run. I don't think its been nerfed, but I do think that people have been spoiled by 2x to not even remember what TT was like before. You were supposed to literally live in that place to get one piece of your gear, and hope for the other, when I first placed b:victory

But, don't worry. Maintain patience.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    They look pretty standard drops to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No, no no. The new standard is if you're not getting 1 gold every 2 runs, there's a problem.

---

On a serious note, I wouldn't say it was nerfed just from 3 runs, especially since the first one was quite lucrative.

Wait, what? I've run countless 1-x and 2-x, and 1 gold every two runs is WAY off.

Edit: Woops, looks like you're killing every boss, which we never did. Even so, we would only skip 1 in 1-3 and the last two in 2-3.
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    i solo 1-1 1-2 and 1-3 almost every day, and i gota say that looks about right, ill get a few runs with 1-4 mats and then the occasional one where i get 10+ mats, hell to test drop rate i did a 1-1 over and over for 30 times in a row 1 day, i had about 26 drums and 69 edges, yea most of the runs drops 0 drums or droped 2-5, as for edges i think i got 1-5 of em every run got kinda anoying having to craft almost 14 TT weapons to sell.
  • Daikataro - Dreamweaver
    Daikataro - Dreamweaver Posts: 126 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No i did not oracle my level

Yes i have run SEVERAL TTs without 2x drops on, however we got at least 1 green mat for each person, and a boss droping no green mats at all 3 times in a row cannot be normal

Yes i know 2x drops is not on, and yes i know you need to live in TT to get a piece of equip, however these drops are WAY below average, not even a green mat for each person cannot be right
    Originally Posted by frankieraye: To say that would be a lie, because in regards to the DQ problem, it's something that we're honestly still working on, and something that we believe we can fix.

(8)Don't stop! believing! hold onto that feeling!(8)
  • HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver
    HimiInuOni - Dreamweaver Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    No i did not oracle my level

Yes i have run SEVERAL TTs without 2x drops on, however we got at least 1 green mat for each person, and a boss droping no green mats at all 3 times in a row cannot be normal

Yes i know 2x drops is not on, and yes i know you need to live in TT to get a piece of equip, however these drops are WAY below average, not even a green mat for each person cannot be right

umm man, you really should do TT more often, ive gotten a 4 man squad me sonh/wolven/dark_thorn and did 2-2 over and over so we could each get 5 dust of stars.... well lets say we gave up after the 6th run, 4 of the 6 runs gave 0 dusts 1 gave 3 and the other gave 1. and as for my above testing in 1-1 i had 10 runs in a row and only got 1 drum, so its possible you just had bad luck with the rng *random number generator* its what calculates what items drop and how many

P.S on one day i did 1-1 3 times cuz thats all the time i had and got 3-5 drums per run xD, so that goes to show the rng is what makes it or brakes it sou gota rely on luck
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    You're right, it's very hard to split those mots evenly..

Which is why my squads don't. We give ALL mats to one person, who then sells them all for coins, which is split evenly.

But yeah, it seems normal to me. Some days are better than others, some days are worse. *shrugs*
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010

I remembered getting only 1 forshura armor from wurlord ... b:angry had to kill him 4 times ... He needs to

D III EEEEEEEEE
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I remembered getting only 1 forshura armor from wurlord ... b:angry had to kill him 4 times ...

That sounds about right. Wurlord, in my experience, drops 1-4 generally.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Yulk - Heavens Tear
    Yulk - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,951 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    That sounds about right. Wurlord, in my experience, drops 1-4 generally.

I'm going to kill him again until I have 20 of them for my weapons b:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for Flauschkatze for siggy b:cool

VIT > STR > DEX > MAG... GG
    HA > LA > AR... GG

HA + VIT = win b:bye
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    last three times I killed wurlord in 2-3 I didn't get a singe arm. b:angry

But I got an ADS b:victory

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."