Binding and Blinding

Options
Falcondance - Heavens Tear
Falcondance - Heavens Tear Posts: 699 Arc User
edited July 2010 in Archer
If I bind my TT90 green armor, can I still use it to make TT99 gold? Also, is a Blinding Radiance better than a Vast Land for PvP?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"I always thought I'd be the only one doing crazy things for people who would never care enough to do it back or to act like idiots or be entirely vulnerable, and making someone fall in love with you is easy, and flying 3000 miles on four days notice because you can't just sit there and do nothing and breathe into telephones is not everyone's idea of love, but it is the way I can recognize it because that is what I do."
Sig pic by Nowitsawn
Post edited by Falcondance - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Olba - Sanctuary
    Olba - Sanctuary Posts: 1,776 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    If I bind my TT90 green armor, can I still use it to make TT99 gold? Also, is a Blinding Radiance better than a Vast Land for PvP?

You can't bind you TT90 armor if you want to make TT99 golds. After all, even the line on the armor itself says "If unbound, maybe decomposed".

Blinding Radiance is better than Vast Land under a few conditions:
    1. Very, very high refines, since BR is G11 and VL is G10.
    2. VL does not have 2 sockets. Unlikely since VL is G10, which means you only need 100 Socket Stones to get the additional socket.

Also, if you happen to have some -interval, VL has a bit of a headstart, as it's faster than BR.

For example, in my case, I have a +3 Blinding Radiance socketed with 1 Immaculate Garnet. I also have Armor of the Assassin and Bracers of Blood Moon for a total of -0.15 Interval. I got myself a Vast Land because once I make it +3 and give it 2 Immaculate Garnets, it will out-DPS my current Blinding Radiance. Also because Vast Land cost me only 1,200,000.

Also, considering DPH, BR has an average base damage higher by about 37 points, but this would be almost completely irrelevant if the BR had 1 socket and the VL had 2. Leaves BR with an advantage of 3-4 dexterity, 1% crit and about 65 on-weapon damage, with no regard to refines whatsoever, since refines favor BR due to higher grade. This means that BR has a slightly higher DPH than VL.

Personally, I'd get a VL if I happened to find it cheap, otherwise go for BR. Or if you can afford, you could always get both.
    If you disregard what I say because of who I am or because of the contents of what I said, you are a fool.

Everyone wants to be different, but when you're different you wish you were normal.