Nerfed instances?

Options
Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited August 2010 in General Discussion
Okay so basically, faction members have noticed (i did as well) a huge difference on RB, TT, FF.

On RB, it seems that clerics get 1 hit when the same exact cleric wasnt being ko'd before.

On TT monsters seemed to die slower, an increase on defense? (even with JJ blessing on)

On FF, I got way less experience WITH HYPERS than I did yesterday, I usually get 30%-40% from one run, now I got only about 10%?. Also monsters seemed slightly harder to kill.

So my question is, was there any real changes on these instances?
It kind of confuses all of us.

And for players, have you noticed any change on these?

Thanks for your input.
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• NightRage - Raging Tide
    NightRage - Raging Tide Posts: 1,582 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Yes, they have been nerfed quite severely.

Everything used to be harder and FC didn't give EXP, it took it.

Then we got blessings to help us out even more.

TT instances became easier.

So yes, instances are nerfed.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    But I mean like change over night O_o
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No, they steadily started ruining this game a while back.

With each new event, patch, expansion and promotion, it gets a little worse each time.

The nerfs themselves are individually done overnight during maintenances, yes.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There was no maintenance yesterday though :/ what would be the reason of getting 11k out of heads in FF with a squad within 9 lvls and x12 hyper exp, nonsense O_o I usually get 20k+ from those.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Was anyone in party 99 or above?
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    We had 2 100s, a 97, 95, 94 and 91.

However this run (finished about 10 mins ago) took over 1:30 hr. our normal timing is less than an hour, which is why we are confused, nothig changed whatsoever, we did this before and got more exp (with the same people / within the same levels).

So yeah :/
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    We had 2 100s, a 97, 95, 94 and 91.

So yeah :/

There be your problem.
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mmmm dont think so, we did the run with the same levels as I said before, and still got 20k+ from heads. Something is weird :/
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Okay so basically, faction members have noticed (i did as well) a huge difference on RB, TT, FF.

On RB, it seems that clerics get 1 hit when the same exact cleric wasnt being ko'd before.

On TT monsters seemed to die slower, an increase on defense? (even with JJ blessing on)

On FF, I got way less experience WITH HYPERS than I did yesterday, I usually get 30%-40% from one run, now I got only about 10%?. Also monsters seemed slightly harder to kill.

So my question is, was there any real changes on these instances?
    It kind of confuses all of us.

And for players, have you noticed any change on these?

Thanks for your input.

I haven't noticed any difference a all. TT is still easy mode, even more so with +30 blessing. No one really does Rebirth much past wave 2/3 for BH, but haven't heard anything about RB being harder from people that just finished it.

Frost well. I soloed it yesterday with my archers + cleric to get her lvl 100. If you can solo the entire instance with only 2 chars im pretty sure its not harder than usual <.< The mobs are 1 shots that hits you for 200-800 dmg. You dont even need cleric since you can just use event pots. Thats how nerfed Frost is.

Haven't noticed getting less exp either. Maybe you're party sucked in exp room? Maybe you forgot to hyper somewhere or maybe there was a huge level cap between players in party.
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Screen shot or it didn't happen.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Mmmm dont think so, we did the run with the same levels as I said before, and still got 20k+ from heads. Something is weird :/

I've never gotten over 12k/head with a bunch of lv100s present in this past year. Maybe you were doing it during 3x EXP before?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No you didn't, I do runs when I'm the highest level in the squad and I only get around 16k xp per head, which level 100s you probably got 12k per head.

And no, nothing has changed, I get the same xp as I've always gotten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    There have been reports that EXP (or was it SP) which gets multiplied by hyper stones doesn't show up correctly every time. That could be the issue.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    I've never gotten over 12k/head with a bunch of lv100s present in this past year. Maybe you were doing it during 3x EXP before?

Nah we did it like 2 days ago or so, and I've been told that the lvl 100s were using esotericas + hypers and they were getting like 11k as well ._. however some were getting 16k etc. etc.

Screeny here :3
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Nah we did it like 2 days ago or so, and I've been told that the lvl 100s were using esotericas + hypers and they were getting like 11k as well ._. however some were getting 16k etc. etc.

Screeny here :3

its a fact that if you do an fc with anyone above lvl 99, you'll get exp reduction because of the difference in level of the heads and your characters.

@kupuntu, the visual exp bug only occurs if you et mroe than 100k exp, which then you cna use the spirits gained to check how much exp you have gained by simply use exp = spirits * 5
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    @kupuntu, the visual exp bug only occurs if you et mroe than 100k exp, which then you cna use the spirits gained to check how much exp you have gained by simply use exp = spirits * 5

Ah. I honestly had no idea how that happens since I haven't seen it myself.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    fail at proof reading my posts lol, was amazed at how you can still read b:surrender
  • Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    edited July 2010
    Options
    fail at proof reading my posts lol, was amazed at how you can still read b:surrender

I've seen worse. That's why I'm a pro reader. b:victory
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    You have a screenie of the 11k exp, but nothing for the 20+k ex-. I get about 20+k exp on 12x hyper in fc. I was lvl 101 at the time. No way you get as much exp as me, and I was running a 4 person squad.
  • OIdpop - Heavens Tear
    OIdpop - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,052 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    yeah i noticed the tt drops being suck..other than that..nah same ole same ole..and i havent touched a jones blessing...**** facebook.
    This game is like washing hair with shampoo... Rinse and repeat if desired.
    Proud owner of many mains.101 bm,101 seeker,101 demon sin,100 sage sin,101 archer,101 barb,100 cleric,100 wiz( first toon since sept 08 finally made it in 2013)newly added mystic 100 HA,72 psy.
  • vbarbie
    vbarbie Posts: 232 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    LMAO ... what a ****.. If you value your exp dont go to FCC with any lvl 99+ LOL if you do then be ready to get BS as exp... On the other hand YEah the nerfed TT they turned off the Real drops and turned on the BS . Even in Squad mode WTH??? HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! squad mode = 6 members ... 6 members wich have to share the droppage!! And when the droppage is BS then they all SIX members will get their Share of what? OH YEAH .. of BS!! ...
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    vbarbie wrote: »
    LMAO ... what a ****.. If you value your exp dont go to FCC with any lvl 99+ LOL if you do then be ready to get BS as exp... On the other hand YEah the nerfed TT they turned off the Real drops and turned on the BS . Even in Squad mode WTH??? HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! squad mode = 6 members ... 6 members wich have to share the droppage!! And when the droppage is BS then they all SIX members will get their Share of what? OH YEAH .. of BS!! ...

Actually I would do it with lvl 99+ if possible because I value my experience and time. Not to say lvl <99 are slow and cause a lot of squad wipe, but I'd rather not take any chances with them.

And there is no such word as droppage.

And hi there I_willTank :D
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    squad mode = 6 members ... 6 members wich have to share the droppage!! And when the droppage is BS then they all SIX members will get their Share of what? OH YEAH .. of BS!! ...

Squad mode only requires 4 people... And the drop rate hasn't changed since sometime around summer of last year when they reduced the mob count in HH. b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options

Says a lv. 90 barb :P, if you did TTs correctly however the mats should be given as:

Subber
    Tank
    Cleric (by levels)
    DDs (by levels)

So you actually get to pick first doing it on the "correct" way.

As I said, I've done the same run with the same people and got 20% more than this one run I'm talking about.

Anyway, seems the QQ people are coming into this thread now, please close :) I will just take this as a glitch.
    Will try to do next FF with a 5 range lvl squad and see how that goes.

Thanks everyone for your input.
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Says a lv. 90 barb :P, if you did TTs correctly however the mats should be given as:

Subber
    Tank
    Cleric (by levels)
    DDs (by levels)

No. If you do it right the mats should either be split equally or given to those that need or called the specific mats. Gold should be sold and split if uncalled, if it's called the person should sub and forfeit any other mats even if the gold doesn't drop.

I can't believe people still do the archaic split by class runs.

b:bye
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2010
    Options
    No. If you do it right the mats should either be split equally or given to those that need or called the specific mats. Gold should be sold and split if uncalled, if it's called the person should sub and forfeit any other mats even if the gold doesn't drop.

I can't believe people still do the archaic split by class runs.

b:bye

Well not much of that because you have to think also on the expenses of each.

Without the subber, you'd not be in that run :P
    The tank has a pain on the repairs (unless the tank is a veno)
    The clerics spend a lot on potions :P
    The DDs most they could really need is a minimum repair or some MP potions due to the lack of mp.

Not to mention barbs and clerics cannot be easily found nowadays :P there are more DDs around than support / tanking.

However as you said, some times its that way, when someone needs something they call it first, if everyone agrees then it goes as is.
    Also gold mats yep, they're usually sold and split, however i dont think it is correct for someone who did not sub the run to take a gold mat if they call it when it drops :P
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options
    sub is like 35k each, repairs can't be that bad unless it was 1 barbs 1 cleric the whole run or something

hell a fist BM who went through a whole CoA told me his repair was 90k, i don't think TT can possibly be worse.

When you farm 3-x, there are like a few bosses that drop anything of value, and if going by subber - tank - cleric it is pure BS
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
    edited July 2010
    Options

The DDs most they could really need is a minimum repair or some MP potions due to the lack of mp.

Not to mention barbs and clerics cannot be easily found nowadays :P there are more DDs around than support / tanking.

However as you said, some times its that way, when someone needs something they call it first, if everyone agrees then it goes as is.
    Also gold mats yep, they're usually sold and split, however i dont think it is correct for someone who did not sub the run to take a gold mat if they call it when it drops :P

Everyone in party spends the same amount of time and effort. Split by class is probably the worst way to run. Either profit run, sell and split equally... faction gear run, mats go to those who need them... pick up party, no thanks.

There is no real order of importance, and everyone but archers, really have a somewhat equal cost associated with running an instance.

That's why you should go with a regular party... tank's charm can be factored as well as a clerics mana usage, the mats are banked, split and the money distributed. If you need mats from the run you buy them at a reduced cost, drop the coin, and your share gets returned back to you. Everyone is happy and most people will want to continue running.

People who split by class and level are generally the greedy people who can only get pick-up parties with randoms and often wonder why they can't get a regular squad... hint: cause they're greedy. lol
  • XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver
    XxLady_XelxX - Dreamweaver Posts: 455 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Options

LOLwut? With good DD, the only time I have to pot in most instances nowadays is if I go nuts on attacking (which depends on the squad), or if I'm stuck in BB for extended periods. And even then it's never more than 30-50k in pots at most...and that's without Sage Spirit's Gift to spam. Sure there's the possibility of death from time to time...but it shouldn't happen often enough that you're going broke from runs.

And Tanks should be in a similar position: they shouldn't be eating too much in repairs if the DD are doing their job. Unless they're a 5aps fist user...

As for subber...subs aren't worth first pick, unless it's agreed upon in advance. And as was already stated, it should be a specific mat and nothing more.
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Will try to do next FF with a 5 range lvl squad and see how that goes.

Don't. That is a myth.