Best items to MERCH

_LeaderAlan_ - Lost City
_LeaderAlan_ - Lost City Posts: 128 Arc User
edited July 2010 in General Discussion
What are some of the best items to merch?
Thanks for any ideas.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]TY Forsaken
Post edited by _LeaderAlan_ - Lost City on

Comments

• Esnemyl - Dreamweaver
    Esnemyl - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,079 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Dragon quest and mysterious items
    also... any random **** you dont want or need
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]<3 by Silvy
    Reborn ditzy archer with a serious oreo addiction =3

'...cuz my IQ is just above what is required to function as a human' - tsumaru2
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Everything you can farm, and don't need! Twilight materials, crafting materials, Dragon Quest drops and orders, herbs, Uncanny shards... etc!

"Buying low and selling high" merchanting is something different, and in my personal opinion its a bit dishonest. That involves taking advantage of desperate or misinformed people. I wont help you there b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    I have a low-level alt on Lost City that's generated about 50 million by trading Oracles, Coral Packs, Tiger Packs, SoF+Nix, and Sunshine Packs.

He's really just for curiosity's sake, though, so I don't play him much and as a result I don't really know the best markets for your server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • Magicgabe - Lost City
    Magicgabe - Lost City Posts: 225 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    wont give away my secret but I can say that buy-low-sell-high is rather misleading. people won't really buy high. At least not if you want a good flow of money. Also keep track of sales and discounts.
    and bro...fyi this isn't a story.

All people are idiodic but some are more idiotic than others.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    "Buying low and selling high" merchanting is something different, and in my personal opinion its a bit dishonest. That involves taking advantage of desperate or misinformed people. I wont help you there b:chuckle

There's nothing dishonest about providing a service of convenience. Your option is to buy or to sell, and if you think the prices are unfair, nobody is deceiving you, forcing you to make a transaction or pressuring you to do anything. If you have items and want money, are you going to make some arbitrary price and world chat it and sit in west arch for a half hour or longer trying to sell something? Or would you rather just sell it to a catshop and be done with it and go do whatever else you wanted to do?

I'm 102, I still do my Crazy Stones... do you think I combine my own stones? Hell no. Do I mind paying extra to the people who sell pre-combined stones at a slight profit? Absolutely not. They save me the time so I don't have to do it myself and I highly thank them that there are several shops that do this so I can pick and choose exactly where I want to shop. Am I desperate or misinformed? Sorry, you're insulting mine as well as many other people's intelligence with your ignorance.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • fudgesicles
    fudgesicles Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Its more like supply and demand, and you didn't force the person to sell low and you don't sell HIGH either -.-...it should be more like buy low sell for more :D
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    token of luck, you can easily pass them off as best luck and get more than 100% profit per token!
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    token of luck, you can easily pass them off as best luck and get more than 100% profit per token!

And get banned, nice idea, sister.
    (Even if you joked, scammers are annoying already)
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • fudgesicles
    fudgesicles Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    yeah scamming is bad b:shocked
    To be a good merch first you have to know your prices so look around catshops and aunction houses and get the ''feel'' of what the average price of items are.

Also take note of what a lot of players are wanting to buy.

Along with that make sure you have backup money when you are merching so if you do find a good item you are able to buy it!

Buying low and selling high is sort of slow though

ALSO! buy items when they are sale and wait awhile then re-sell (could be a major loss though)
  • Lylfo - Dreamweaver
    Lylfo - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,166 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:surrender
    ok serious answer then.
    hyper stones, mirages, sof, anni packs equivalent, dragon orbs, charms, gold in AH
    basically anything that has a high demand and somewhat limited supply.
    and anything that has a sale period in the cash shop would be great to merchant.
    Thanks Chillum for the nice Sig.[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]