Lunar Glade vs TT vs Legendary???

baalrunner
baalrunner Posts: 0 Arc User
edited August 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
i was wondering what the difference was between these 3 set types...i tried finding info, but in vainb:cry

any info would be awesome!!
thanks!
Post edited by baalrunner on

Comments

• Kupuntu - Sanctuary
    Kupuntu - Sanctuary Posts: 3,008 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    baalrunner wrote: »
    i was wondering what the difference was between these 3 set types...i tried finding info, but in vainb:cry

thanks!

Legendary ones are from molds that drop mostly from FB bosses, TT means gear made from Twilight Temple boss drops and Lunar means gear made from items that drop in Lunar Glade.
    100% F2P player. Started PW: March 2007, Quit PW: March 2011.
    pwcalc.com/e7016929e7b204ae "Pure axe" 8k HP multipath BM, last one of my kind.
  • Alenta - Lost City
    Alenta - Lost City Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    TT and Lunar Glade gear can also be converted to Nirvana gear while legendary gear can't.
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    Dakaruch - Lost City Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Legendary usually is worse then HH gear or Lunar gear, except for a very few molds. HH99 gives you bonus each 2, 4 and 6 pieces of the set. Lunar have higher resistances, 1 grade higher then HH99, but no bonuses. Add Alenta post info with this, and it's pretty much all the differences about it.
    And HH=TT just in case you're wondering.
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Legendary ones are from molds that drop mostly from FB bosses, TT means gear made from Twilight Temple boss drops and Lunar means gear made from items that drop in Lunar Glade.

Not accurate. Lunar Glade gear is a mixture of TT3-1+ Gold Mats and Lunar Gold Mats.
    Legendary usually is worse then HH gear or Lunar gear, except for a very few molds. HH99 gives you bonus each 2, 4 and 6 pieces of the set. Lunar have higher resistances, 1 grade higher then HH99, but no bonuses. Add Alenta post info with this, and it's pretty much all the differences about it.
    And HH=TT just in case you're wondering.

Then why not just say TT, same amount of letters, right next to the H. God people are stupid. It's PWI, not PW-MY. If you can't convert to a different game's system after leveling to 100... I feel sorry for you. IQ of 80 or lower.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Then why not just say TT, same amount of letters, right next to the H. God people are stupid. It's PWI, not PW-MY. If you can't convert to a different game's system after leveling to 100... I feel sorry for you. IQ of 80 or lower.

Coming from a hyper bh idiot on a nub server whose only intellectual contribution is to argue nomenclature? I guess you've never even used the term FB? b:bye
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Legendary usually is worse then HH gear or Lunar gear, except for a very few molds.

I'm 99% sure this is false. I've always used TT gear and I've always noticed people with the Legendary equivalents having better attack/defense on their gear.

However, the end-game TT gear is superior to the end game legendary gear, and that's why you'd want to bother with TT. TT requires you to build up your gear starting at level 60; you can't get the TT70 weapon until you've made a TT60 one. And as it's been said before, you'll need Lunar or TT gear to get you to your Nirvana gear.

I'm no Lunar expert, but I'd assume it's about the same as TT stats-wise.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide
    Fuzzy_Wuzzy - Raging Tide Posts: 770 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    also, just to throw something in here...

If you have a good squad to farm either with, Lunar is faster but more expensive to get (3mil per run) while TT is cheaper, but slower to farm.

b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KoSPro - Lost City
    KoSPro - Lost City Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Coming from a hyper bh idiot on a nub server whose only intellectual contribution is to argue nomenclature? I guess you've never even used the term FB? b:bye

Hes lonely thats all. Thats why he can only flame because he may not have much knowledge in the game but oh well right?

AT Longknife - Well what the other guy said has some truth in it cuz the only Legendary equips that i would consider better than TT would be - The famous Calamity axes, helm of aqua viciousness, 77 quisses, 79 plate and the rest of -70 equips. At 80+ people prefer TT over Legendary. I might be wrong its just my opinion.

QQ because im posting on an alt and not my main?

Who cares, get over it.
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    also, just to throw something in here...

If you have a good squad to farm either with, Lunar is faster but more expensive to get (3mil per run) while TT is cheaper, but slower to farm.

hows that possible if u need tt gold mats for lunar gear b:question
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Esuna - Raging Tide
    Esuna - Raging Tide Posts: 830 Arc User
    edited July 2010

b:thanks Sorry I don't have to progress through the game in a very slow pace to fully grasp anything like you

b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Gotta love the cash shop idiots.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010

+1

They may as well be typing in all caps, repeating threads with generic titles like: "question", failing to use a spell check, or disregarding all basic netiquette.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    Hes lonely thats all. Thats why he can only flame because he may not have much knowledge in the game but oh well right?

AT Longknife - Well what the other guy said has some truth in it cuz the only Legendary equips that i would consider better than TT would be - The famous Calamity axes, helm of aqua viciousness, 77 quisses, 79 plate and the rest of -70 equips. At 80+ people prefer TT over Legendary. I might be wrong its just my opinion.

Like I said, fairly certain my TT80 Soulsphere was inferior to the TT85 legendary. Dunno if this counts as legendary (it's gold at least), but I also know the TT90 Soulspheres are inferior to the Ghost Cry Soulsphere from Frostcovered City. Perhaps the TT80 armors are superior to legendary armors; I never paid attention. I do however know that I'd take a Legendary ornament over a TT ornament any day. Sky Demon's Pearl is why I'm never gonna bother with TT ornaments. There are no Nirvana ornaments anyway, and thus you don't feel obligated to make TT ornaments.

Once you hit 90 though, then the TT armor just gets really good, and the TT99/100 weapons beat out the final legendaries. That's basically why people prefer TT at 80+: Sure the Legendary weapon may be a LITTLE better, but why buy it when you've already got a nice TT weapon that will also help you get your next TT weapon?

EDIT: I did the clever thing and simply...errr, looked it up. :P

The Legendaries and TT weapons are the same. The Legendaries however are arguably better because they're prone to better bonuses. Preference would still play a role though.

Examples:

Robe of Intangibility vs. Robe of the Spirit Eater (Lvl 80 TT AA Robe vs. Lvl 80 Legendary):

298 Metal Resistance vs. 60 HP
    5-6 Magic vs. 5-6 Vitality
    Physical damage reduction +1% on both

Necroburn Soulsphere (One of the TT80's) vs. Skyshaker Soulglaive (Legendary 80):

Magic attack +63 vs. Magic attack +94
    Magic +12-13 vs. Vitality +14-15
    +1% crit on both
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Darksylph - Heavens Tear
    Darksylph - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,816 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Like I said, fairly certain my TT80 Soulsphere was inferior to the TT85 legendary. Dunno if this counts as legendary (it's gold at least), but I also know the TT90 Soulspheres are inferior to the Ghost Cry Soulsphere from Frostcovered City. Perhaps the TT80 armors are superior to legendary armors; I never paid attention. I do however know that I'd take a Legendary ornament over a TT ornament any day. Sky Demon's Pearl is why I'm never gonna bother with TT ornaments. There are no Nirvana ornaments anyway, and thus you don't feel obligated to make TT ornaments.

Once you hit 90 though, then the TT armor just gets really good, and the TT99/100 weapons beat out the final legendaries. That's basically why people prefer TT at 80+: Sure the Legendary weapon may be a LITTLE better, but why buy it when you've already got a nice TT weapon that will also help you get your next TT weapon?

EDIT: I did the clever thing and simply...errr, looked it up. :P

The Legendaries and TT weapons are the same. The Legendaries however are arguably better because they're prone to better bonuses. Preference would still play a role though.

Examples:

Robe of Intangibility vs. Robe of the Spirit Eater (Lvl 80 TT AA Robe vs. Lvl 80 Legendary):

298 Metal Resistance vs. 60 HP
    5-6 Magic vs. 5-6 Vitality
    Physical damage reduction +1% on both

Necroburn Soulsphere (One of the TT80's) vs. Skyshaker Soulglaive (Legendary 80):

Magic attack +63 vs. Magic attack +94
    Magic +12-13 vs. Vitality +14-15
    +1% crit on both

You're defining Legendary incorrectly. Robe of the Spirit Eater is NOT legendary, its TT80 gold. Legendary = from mold. gold = TT from gold TT mats. Thats why the golds you're referring to tend to be better, cause TT gold (ussually)> TT green (ussually)> Legendary Molds.
    edited July 2010
    hows that possible if u need tt gold mats for lunar gear b:question

only for the sign of frost: chaos rings... the full set of HA is possible to farm in Lunar alone.. trust me, Fuzzy had done it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    only for the sign of frost: chaos rings... the full set of HA is possible to farm in Lunar alone.. trust me, Fuzzy had done it.

Also the necklace needs TT gold mats as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • MrHanky - Harshlands
    MrHanky - Harshlands Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    all gold lunar requires 4 sacred mothers auras
    unless you made the gold armor that requires a mold then its **** because you cant nirvana it
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    b:thanks Sorry I don't have to progress through the game in a very slow pace to fully grasp anything like you

Apparently you don't fully grasp anything. And you didn't answer the question. b:chuckle

I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
    edited July 2010
    all gold lunar requires 4 sacred mothers auras

WOOPS!

Forgot about those 4, that is true enough b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    baalrunner wrote: »

thanks!
    Conclusion:
    -The diff. is the materials to make them, and
    -The area to get the materials
    -Legendary do not have gear bonus stats like Lunar and TTgreen/gold MAY have.

All in all stat wise there isnt much diff. aside from personal preference. Whether the stats are better or worse depends on what you want. One type might be better than another type for weapon, but at the same time be worse on another gear...really depends.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear
    Mik_scorpius - Heavens Tear Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2010

Hmm...

Interesting that all of us that takes thing in a slow pace seem to understand our toons so much better than all you who don't...

At any time knowing your toon through countless hours of play is a thousand times more worth than super equipment or high levels...

And Michael is right - you didn't answer the question. Actually kinda proves his statement...
    PWI will continue - in one way or the other. I'm just glad I found a balanced server now that I enjoy - naming is illegal, but PM's are welcome.

Only reason I log in still is also just to say hi to friends.

[SIGPIC]http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3036252001&dateline=1291402639[/SIGPIC]
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    Esuna just **** and go learn more about the game.
    1st of all, a lvl 100 in a carebear server that's saying i have an IQ of 80, that just make me laugh. I learned how to play my char, cause i was around 3 months after the game started and have played since then. Also i have 1 char of each, so cut the ****.
    2nd i could say TT, i could say COD19, i could say alot of **** that is totally irrelevant... but Twilight Temple is actually a terrible name, Call of Duty or Call to Duty or wtf it is, is also terrible, along with more then 90% of the PWI names. Sacrificial Strike, Calloused Lionheart Hatchets, sure, such easy names and easy to talk about. Berzerker and GX are the common names and either you like it or not, you can shove it up your **** for all i care.
    3rd, i hardly believe you know how to pvp, how to pve and more important, that you have been and seen as many instances as i did. I farmed CV, HH and frost before devs changed it into the pathetic instance it is now. So i'm pretty sure i know more about the game then you do, and seen more then you did. b:bye

PS: Regarding you people talking about cv gears...
    1st, every gold lunar gear need HH mats unless it is lvl 100 gold past gears.
    2nd, those gold past gears do NOT NEED molds, it's a souledge that you acquire from making a green lunar piece and decompose it, that's what you need + x (cannot remember exact number) mystical tome fragments (and some luck for decent stats) to make a lvl 100 gold past gear. Works same way for weapons and armors.
    edited July 2010
    Esuna just **** and go learn more about the game.
    1st of all, a lvl 100 in a carebear server that's saying i have an IQ of 80, that just make me laugh. I learned how to play my char, cause i was around 3 months after the game started and have played since then. Also i have 1 char of each, so cut the ****.

3rd, i hardly believe you know how to pvp, how to pve and more important, that you have been and seen as many instances as i did. I farmed CV, HH and frost before devs changed it into the pathetic instance it is now. So i'm pretty sure i know more about the game then you do, and seen more then you did. b:bye
    i think biased pple have the same lvl IQ b:chuckle
    if it werent for posters like micheal and rose id have a low opinion for pple on a pvp server. thugs with superiority issues.

PS. the OP is someone who is still semi-new in regards to information on Lunar, Legendary, and TT gear. I'd think its quite unintelligent for pple to use phrases from another version game to possibly further confuse them, just because they are lazy to change HH into TT
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    i think biased pple have the same lvl IQ b:chuckle
    if it werent for posters like micheal and rose id have a low opinion for pple on a pvp server. thugs with superiority issues.

PS. the OP is someone who is still semi-new in regards to information on Lunar, Legendary, and TT gear. I'd think its quite unintelligent for pple to use phrases from another version game to possibly further confuse them, just because they are lazy to change HH into TT

I wasn't the one starting that "better then you attitude" arguing about names of things in different versions. Furthermore, if you bother reading the whole thread, maybe, just maybe you could see that i said HH and added that HH=TT, so really, don't come talk about being biased. b:bye
    edited July 2010
    I wasn't the one starting that "better then you attitude" arguing about names of things in different versions. Furthermore, if you bother reading the whole thread, maybe, just maybe you could see that i said HH and added that HH=TT, so really, don't come talk about being biased. b:bye
    Yup you werent the one who started it. You were just one of the pple tarded enough to blurt out a possibly offending statement, not just to one person, but directed to a whole 5 servers lol. And probably think nothing of it too.
  • Dakaruch - Lost City
    edited July 2010
    I lol @ that really. Why is it so offending? What you do all day in PVE servers is pk? A carebear server is a carebear server, that's all, you have like 10% of the people in your server pking (and that's just a guessing i'm making) while PVP servers only blue named people can't be killed. PVP servers are better? I don't know, cause my chars in PVE servers are too low. Then again it's not about being better or worse, the truth is, PVE servers are carebear servers.
    And maybe you shouldn't get so aggravated when someone call you carebears, if you don't like it, then move into a pvp server and pk them, simple. b:bye
    edited July 2010
    I lol @ that really. Why is it so offending? What you do all day in PVE servers is pk? A carebear server is a carebear server, that's all, you have like 10% of the people in your server pking (and that's just a guessing i'm making) while PVP servers only blue named people can't be killed. PVP servers are better? I don't know, cause my chars in PVE servers are too low. Then again it's not about being better or worse, the truth is, PVE servers are carebear servers.
    And maybe you shouldn't get so aggravated when someone call you carebears, if you don't like it, then move into a pvp server and pk them, simple. b:bye
    Good lord do you seriously think after all this time pple are actually offended at the term CAREBEAR server? No need to reply if you dont even realize what im talking about, waste of time.
  • baalrunner
    baalrunner Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    thanks to everyone that answered!!!!

this really cleared things up for me lol
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    edited July 2010
    You're defining Legendary incorrectly. Robe of the Spirit Eater is NOT legendary, its TT80 gold. Legendary = from mold. gold = TT from gold TT mats. Thats why the golds you're referring to tend to be better, cause TT gold (ussually)> TT green (ussually)> Legendary Molds.

Oops, sorry. Pulled it off ecatomb, and there the equips are simply listed in their respective colors.

At any rate, the weapon example I gave is still legit, and the Legendaries do have equal stats to same-level TT gear.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    Hiya, I have used legendary and twilight armors. When I was lv. 70 I used TT armor, but when I turned 77 - 79 I switched to the legendary HA because the stats where way better, and even comparable to TT 80 and I didn't have patience to farm mats for 80 armor. When I hit 90 I used TT 90 HA, but as a I leveled I turned back to Legendary. Legendary 95/97 armors gives me more resistances than TT 90 armor. But now I'm 99, so it's time to retreat back to TT 99 Gold armor now, when I have the time and help to farm the mats.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Metalpuritan - Sanctuary
    Metalpuritan - Sanctuary Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2010
    why do all posts end this way, shouldnt they just close the rply thing so no 1 else can reply to it or do they always like to just flame the end of a post........eh no matter , i was just looking for more insight anyway