"The Punishment" --- Hay at lvl 74

Options
Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited June 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, I understand that the quest is there to punish people for getting to lvl 74 without having stockpiled Hay in their newbie days, but...

Well, first thing I checked the database, assuming they probably added a lvl 70s monster with Hay drops. Seems they didn't. Geez, how could I be so naive. This is an F2P game, after all.

So what's the "intended" way of doing this? Getting my last shirt ripped off by overpriced Hay sellers? Farming for Hay with a lvl 74 char, with drops penalized down to 0%? Making new chars, farming Hay at the turtles, deleting and remaking as they level up?
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    So what's the "intended" way of doing this? Getting my last shirt ripped off by overpriced Hay sellers? Farming for Hay with a lvl 74 char, with drops penalized down to 0%? Making new chars, farming Hay at the turtles, deleting and remaking as they level up?

You just listed the only ways possible b:shutup

Unless someone is willing to give it to you for free XD

I don't know if you have looked here, but it lists the mobs that drop hay. Other than that, I have no other ideas. >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arshies - Sanctuary
    Arshies - Sanctuary Posts: 666 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I just trashed that quest LOL, no worth the exp you get against the Hay cost
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Arshies - Sanctuary
  • FatherTed - Dreamweaver
    FatherTed - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,723 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    It's not really worth doing that quest period - but if you want to do it, just make an alt veno, and take a day to get it to level 30 and farm out the hay on antelope pups.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks for the sig Ophida :3
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You're supposed to ignore that quest because even if you did farm 50 hays, you could easily sell them off and get far more EXP/Spirit/coin from it than the quest gives.
  • SerenityMare - Dreamweaver
    SerenityMare - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,211 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    You're supposed to ignore that quest because even if you did farm 50 hays, you could easily sell them off and get far more EXP/Spirit/coin from it than the quest gives.

You get spirit and exp when you sell things? b:shocked
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SneakyStalk - Harshlands
    SneakyStalk - Harshlands Posts: 440 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no but you can buy oracles or hypers that are worth much more exp/sp than the crappy exp u get from that stupid quest
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Un4given
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no but you can buy oracles or hypers that are worth much more exp/sp than the crappy exp u get from that stupid quest

This. b:chuckle