Interval Cap Rumor

Maiya - Lost City
Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Assassin
I was told by two of my guildies (who was told by someone else (whom they believe is reputable)) that Assassins cannot bypass 2.86 APS sparked or unsparked.

Being a heavy non believer, I was wondering if anyone had a 100% indisputable screenshot of an Assassin having more than 2.86 APS. (Since A_Noob's screenshot doesn't give any insight into his gear.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Maiya - Lost City on

Comments

• PenutButer - Dreamweaver
    PenutButer - Dreamweaver Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I was told by two of my guildies (who was told by someone else (whom they believe is reputable)) that Assassins cannot bypass 2.86 APS sparked or unsparked.

Being a heavy non believer, I was wondering if anyone had a 100% indisputable screenshot of an Assassin having more than 2.86 APS. (Since A_Noob's screenshot doesn't give any insight into his gear.)

A_Noob has -.55 IBH if i remember correctly.

1. Nirvana Daggers (-.1)
    2. Rank 8 top (-.1)
    3. Ashura Bracers (-.1)
    4. Nirvana pants (-.05)
    5. Love: Up and Down (-.05)
    6. 2 Lionheart (-.05)
    7. 2 Ashura (-.05)
    8. Lunar glade robe (-.05)

So um yeah, he's at 5 APS with demon spark. Don't know about without cuz i'm nub at calculating APS b:surrender.
  • Shinobia - Harshlands
    Shinobia - Harshlands Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=fc15c3e994b91af8

Pwcalc is somewhat off about the interval, the daggers have -10 attack speed.. but with that build you should have about 5 attack speed without demon spark, might be wrong though.

Tbh, the rank 8 chest is not worth the extra -.5 attack speed and instead of the Nirvana daggers. I would wait for Rank 6 daggers and use the rank 6 chest. Those would be sufficient.

http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=41a5afb33232ad73

Rank 6 might not give you 5 attack speed without demon spark but you probably would get 5 attack speed with demon spark.

You can also just add about 50 more str. and use CV Claws, those would bump you up to 5 attack speed w/o demon spark.

One thing to consider if you go claws/daggers (str/dex) build is that you will gimp your damage. You will have mediocre damage with both claws and daggers since you need to divide your points between str and dex.

Going full dex and using daggers would give you more crit and damage (daggers devotion gives +60% more damage) and therefor more DPS then going dex/str build with fists or claws.

In conclusion, there is nothing that stops assassins from getting 5 attack speed other then their bank credit ;)
  • Plicid - Heavens Tear
    Plicid - Heavens Tear Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    to be honest yes dagger devotion and dex helps but will still do alot of damage with Claws. Sparking adds extra weapon damage and does not multiply your mastery with the spark. So highly refined fist is not too much weaker than highly refined dagger when both are under spark.
  • Taxi - Lost City
    Taxi - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Well that Rumor about 2.86 limit was started by PrinceClare aka Atlantic, but truth be told all in Essence know that his poor understanding of in-game mechanics is only tolerated by is heavy cash-shopping.

There's no limit on Sin's speed, just a ignorant pretending to be smart to impress ppl.
  • skyxiii
    skyxiii Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Well That Rumor About 2.86 Limit Was Started By princeclare Aka atlantic, But Truth Be Told All In Essence Know That His Poor Understanding Of In-game Mechanics Is Only Tolerated By Is Heavy Cash-shopping.

There's No Limit On Sin's Speed, Just A Ignorant Pretending To Be Smart To Impress Ppl.

+9999999999999999999999999
  • Lingzi - Lost City
    Lingzi - Lost City Posts: 877 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Well that Rumor about 2.86 limit was started by PrinceClare aka Atlantic, but truth be told all in Essence know that his poor understanding of in-game mechanics is only tolerated by is heavy cash-shopping.

There's no limit on Sin's speed, just a ignorant pretending to be smart to impress ppl.

i agree with u TurboTaxi, he prolly hasnt kno how to count atk rates yet
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for debunking this rumor. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    to be honest yes dagger devotion and dex helps but will still do alot of damage with Claws. Sparking adds extra weapon damage and does not multiply your mastery with the spark. So highly refined fist is not too much weaker than highly refined dagger when both are under spark.

With daggers: 7336-10108 patk (6444-8879 without dagger devtion)
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=e8282c892529d0dd

With Fists: 2954-3299 patk
    http://pwcalc.ru/pwi/?char=823e833db64828c3
    less crit, acc and evasion also.

It's pretty obvious that 500% of 9k is a lot more then 500% of 3,2k.
    Daggers with demon spark: 13879-19124
    Claws with demon spark: 10439-11659

Those are just rough numbers that the pwcalc gives, might be more or less in game but it does not change the fact that assassins were designed to use daggers and therefor do a lot more damage with them.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Analyzing the DPH of fist vs daggers won't tell you anything. Especially since the advantage of fists is that you can reach 5 aps.
    The fists are attacking significantly faster than the daggers, so your figures should look more like this.
    Claws with demon spark: 20878-23318
    Of course, this is all a rounded off for simplicity :P
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Islamey - Dreamweaver
    Islamey - Dreamweaver Posts: 586 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    On closer inspection, its
    Claws with demon spark: 15658-17488

And if you average it out~
    Daggers: 16501
    Claws: 16573
    So yeah, Claws > Daggers,
    but if anyone manages to roll that -0.05 int on nirvana daggers
    Daggers > Claws at 5 aps.
    The chillum is sometimes referred to as a chalice, based on a quote from the Biblical book of Deuteronomy. Thanks and praises are offered to Jah before smoking the chillum.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    fist dagger attack cap is 5 aps due to animation limit
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver
    Psudeotrophe - Dreamweaver Posts: 101 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Analyzing the DPH of fist vs daggers won't tell you anything. Especially since the advantage of fists is that you can reach 5 aps.
    The fists are attacking significantly faster than the daggers, so your figures should look more like this.

And soon claws will be bm specific :P
    Apparently its more difficult to milk a smurf than originally conceived..
  • Ichigo_K - Lost City
    Ichigo_K - Lost City Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for debunking this rumor. :3

This i believe is myfault, i am sry lol

I worldchatted a cap on interval as i equipped tome and couldnt pass 2.86 interval on spark,
    after placing chest on and fist i reached 5.0 on spark, i guess theres a certain amount of interval needed tobypass a step,There isnt a cap on interval as my assasin hit 5.0 hitrate so sorry for any missunderstanding
    +Goals Reached+
    First Assasin with nirvana pants~lostcity~
    4.0 & 5.0 Hits per second~
    reached 500 dex+~
    Highest Hp'd interval assasin ~lostcity~
    b:sad until pc passes me b:cry
  • Ichigo_K - Lost City
    edited May 2010

i out DD bms who had .1 interval more and +7 on claws ijs,
    i find daggers much more dps based

+
    6jun gives .1 interval on wep,same for cast 1 nirvana
    + tome
    + nirvana pants
    +2 99 la
    +2 99 ha
    + event cape
    + intervap wrist

= 5hits per second assasin
    +Goals Reached+
    reached 500 dex+~
  • Nerruse - Lost City
    Nerruse - Lost City Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    With that gear u have .35 interval which aint 5 atk. But my question is are there rank 6 daggers out yet?
  • Ichigo_K - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    With that gear u have .35 interval which aint 5 atk. But my question is are there rank 6 daggers out yet?

Rank 6 = rank chest lol extra 0.5,
    forgot to add that in and no,
    rank 6/sage daggers are not out yet,
    im still waiting for mine,i have rep and badges
    just need the damn daggers x.x.
    +Goals Reached+
    reached 500 dex+~
  • Ra_oh - Heavens Tear
    Ra_oh - Heavens Tear Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2010

where did u get this utter BS from?
  • primorial
    primorial Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

i like this guy.......dun even know him but like him LOL