Mystery in the Swamp --- timed quest

Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited May 2010 in Dungeons & Tactics
Well, since the quest has a timer, and there aren't a lot of locations where it can be done, and the Wicked Yayan right outside Whetstone Keep is basically camped 24/7 (so I'm assuming the other two at the quest location are camped as well) --- can the quest be retried if you don't make it within those 40 minutes?
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• buttercupcruella
    buttercupcruella Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I remember a timed quest (40 mins as well) at swamps, but you were supposed to get a chest surrounded by mobs...

Yayan (sp?) a timed quest? I don't remember.. Does it tell you you need to kill him? If so, my bad...b:surrender

Yes, the quest should be re-doable.

In here you can see that the quest repeatable after failure, and it also does not say anything about killing the mini boss (isn't he an oracle or something?). http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/quest/3332 hope this gives an answer..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Exitium - Dreamweaver
    Exitium - Dreamweaver Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The quest is to dig a the orb out of a chest. From what I remember its fairly long to dig and there are 2 miniboss/elite mobs roaming around. I could never kill both and have the time to dig, in fact i struggled to even kill 1. I got help from a couple faction mates but the quest is indeed repeatable.
  • Aya__ - Heavens Tear
    Aya__ - Heavens Tear Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    quest is to dig cauldron, not kill yayans...
    cauldron is at altar, has 4 towerlings standing at it and 2 yayans patrolling around. unfortunately for you these arent usually camped, so you need to find someone who will take care of towers AND yayans. my advice is to have one high level tank yayans and all towers or have two ppl at your level do it. digging takes quite a long time, any attack interrupts it, and respawning mobs will first attack digger, so safest way is to not kill guardians but tank them. good luck :)
    and yes, if you dont make it in time you can retake quest and try again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]