Obtaining Rep...

Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary Posts: 914 Arc User
edited May 2010 in General Discussion
Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but which would be better for obtaining more rep? Buying a bunch of wraith officers badges.... 10 of them would probably cost you 1m-1.5m which would be 250 rep for all, or buying warsong medals: Each medal gives you 25 wraith officers badges. 25 badges x 25 rep = 625 rep. Each warsong medal cost 2m-3m on sanc server.
>.<
Post edited by Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Vivio_ - Sanctuary
    _Vivio_ - Sanctuary Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Ok, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but which would be better for obtaining more rep? Buying a bunch of wraith officers badges.... 10 of them would probably cost you 1m-1.5m which would be 250 rep for all, or buying warsong medals: Each medal gives you 25 wraith officers badges. 25 badges x 25 rep = 625 rep. Each warsong medal cost 2m-3m on sanc server.

I buy tokens and convert into wraith officer badges but I merchant to offset costs and even make a little profit. Merchanting for rep I started at 12k rep about 1 month and 1/2 ago and now I have 58,874 rep. Find your niche and you'll be happy.

Edit - lol i thought u said a medal gives 25 rep not 25 wratih officers badges >.< took out my sentence.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Being a wiz is awesome b:dirtyb:dirty

Sig damage is before facebook Jones Blessings were in game with lunar wand.

Rank8 Wizard as of October 22, 2010 b:pleased
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    1. Find a niche in the market, and start to merchant so you have a steady flow of income.

2. Buy whatever the hell you like to increase your rep.

(Let's say it's 1.5 million for ten Wraith Officer Bades, which is 250 reputation. That's 6000 coins for every one reputation.

Warsong medals at 3 million for 625 rep is 4800 coins for every one reputation.

Just going off the maximum figures you yourself give.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    The best way is farming nirvana crystals and sell it. I know you are not high enough but when you will be is the best way of earning money. But boring like hell.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    Neodaystar - Sanctuary Posts: 1,020 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Best method overall is to look at the cost per rep point and judge for yourself based on current token prices (because tokens are the easiest to obtain for fair prices compared to metals and badges in large quantity).

i.e
    -Tokens cost 11.5k (average price on Sanctuary currently)
    -Need 8 tokens for a wraith officer badge -> will cost 92k for each Wraith Officer's Badge you obtain this way.
    -That is 3680 for each rep point (each badge gives 25 pts). If you can find an even lower cost per rep point ratio, go for it.

Also, I won't recommend wasting extra time farming for rep points through solo army quests or other related tasks, unless you are doing FBs/clearing your quest list/combining solo army quests with your other quests. But if you must, then judge how much time you take to complete the task/quest v.s. how much coins you could have made doing other things to buy tokens with. You can usually grind for coins to get tokens/merchanting and buy tokens, and then trade them for the badges much quicker.
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the insight everyone. I didnt forget about tokens though, but the reason i didnt mention then is cause the packs will be going away in a few days and the prices of tokens will raise from 10k -15k each. Would it still be worth it that way?
    >.<
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    It depends...

1. How much coins you have, and what you consider to be over spending
    2. What rank are you trying to achieve and how much points left do you need to get that rank?

If tokens go up to 15k each, you are looking at 4800 per rep point.

These are the points needed for each rank:
    Rank 4 - 5000
    Rank 5 - 10000
    Rank 6 - 35000
    Rank 7 - 100000
    Rank 8 - 200000

Usually, you can achieve Rank 4 easily when you hit level 90 assuming you have completed all the quests that are available to you at that point and had attempted helping with some FBs and combining solo army quests when you could have. If you purchase tokens for 15k each, getting to Rank 5 will cost you around 24 mil for that 5k rep pts more (5.6 mil more than if you had bought tokens for 11.5k each). Also consider what equipments you can get as a Veno for your next few Ranks to see if it's worth it. It's really a personal preference. In my opinion, it's better to wait since these sales packs will make a return every now and then, and during that time you can try to find a good bargain for other items still considering the cost per rep pt ratio.

Link to Rank equipments... http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Rank_and_Reputation
  • WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary
    WarrenWolfy - Sanctuary Posts: 1,686 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Thanks for the insight everyone. I didnt forget about tokens though, but the reason i didnt mention then is cause the packs will be going away in a few days and the prices of tokens will raise from 10k -15k each. Would it still be worth it that way?
    The Packs will be back in some form or another within no more than 6 weeks (that's the most they've been gone so far), so I'd recommend just focusing on earning the money you'll need. Once you've got enough, at some point a Pack sale will come along and you'll be able to afford your rank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    PWI Merchanting Guides: warrenwolfy.wordpress.com
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited May 2010
    Sounds like it may be cheaper to just do FB runs and Legion attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    Luixo - Sanctuary Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    I'll quickly post it here as it's kinda the same,

I would work this out myself but i'm not good with Math, so how much would it cost to get to Rank 8? b:surrender

Hope someone can reply
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010

I would work this out myself but i'm not good with Math, so how much would it cost to get to Rank 8? b:surrender

Hope someone can reply

About 600-700m, depending on token price.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »

I got 800m minimum, well still alot, :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    axt57 wrote: »

So if it was a cashshopper, 600m, would be how much? in dollars or pounds? Sorry for bothering you again :)

Just curious ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Roughly $1800 / 1170 pounds.

If gold goes down a bit.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    300k a gold=$2,000
    435k a gold=$1,380

About.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    300k a gold=$2,000
    435k a gold=$1,380

About.

ohh? I got $19,000,000,000 Somehow :o Guess mine is wrong >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • AlbireoTwo - Lost City
    AlbireoTwo - Lost City Posts: 2,056 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ohh? I got $19,000,000,000 Somehow :o Guess mine is wrong >.<
    19 billion dollars? o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thank you Forsakenx for the picture. b:thanks
  • Luixo - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    19 billion dollars? o.o

Yeah i done, 1mx30, which was selling price for some wings i think, and also i done 4m per 1,000rep :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ms_HopToIt - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Well my goal is rank 6 35k rep. Atm I have 6,810 rep. 35,000 - 6,810 = 28,190 more rep. About how much would it cost to get that much more rep?
    >.<
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited May 2010

Hope someone can reply

Depends on the cost of tokens and how much you have to start. Lets say 15k tokens starting at 10k rep:

25 rep = 1 badge = 8 tokens

200,00 rep - 10,00 rep (you have already) = 190,000 rep

190,000 rep / 25 rep per badge = 7,600 badges

7,600 badges * 8 tokens per badge = 60,800 tokens

60,800 tokens * 15,000 per token = 912,000,000 coins

912,000,000 coins / 400,000 per gold = 2,280 gold aka $2,280

Obviously token prices vary so if you can get 10k a token this 912m number is cut by 1/3 (608m) so it's very dependent on token prices.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Neodaystar - Sanctuary
    edited May 2010
    Well my goal is rank 6 35k rep. Atm I have 6,810 rep. 35,000 - 6,810 = 28,190 more rep. About how much would it cost to get that much more rep?

28,190/25 ~ 1128 Officer Badges
    1128*8 = 9024 tokens that you will have to get

I was able to get some tokens for 12k each earlier on Sanctuary. So currently, if you can get it for that price, you'll need ~ 108.288 mil coins (if you charge real money and with the current gold demand price of approx. 425k each, that's $255).

If you wait until next sale when you can get tokens for 10k each, it's about 90.24 mil coins; and with the predicted gold value of 425k again, that's $213. If you wait till later, you will probably need even less rep points since you will earn more by other means.

The difference between getting it now and later is not by much if you are a cash shopping working adult :D

*All numbers are based on current in game market conditions as I am posting this, so may change in the future.
  • Euphy - Dreamweaver
    Euphy - Dreamweaver Posts: 495 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Lets say I was a broke college student who wanted to slowly acquire reputation on her young assassin alt. I ground out ~25,000 reputation doing One Man Armies on my cleric. I'm not doing that **** again - it took me ages (then again when I started I had only one daily).
    But now there's this trophy mode stuff - how awesome is it? Would it be an effective in-game means of acquiring reputation? By the way... my cleric only wanted the Beam Hoofslicer (she loves it) but I'll be shooting for rank 8... I'm willing to work towards this but only if its not 100% insane! Anyone know how much you get for a Trophy Fb69? Fb89?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    RedsRose - Lost City Posts: 12,354 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^ It is not insane...a pain and can be VERY frustrating but do-able. Although I must admit I started at least a week into 2x drops and went from there. I farmed HH and LIVED in HH and still do.

I never did the trophy modes for rep because felt was a waste of time. HH was about 85% of my $$ and then setting up shop to buy the tokens when cheap. My suggestion is start now, go slow and save $$ and when tokens come back buy them super cheap ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    RoidAbuse is awesome, only he would sell his sperm for gear!!

"Toughest monster? ..... RedsRose b:surrender" - Kantorek
    Where is my 1 v 1 Kan? b:mischievous
  • Ephemerai - Sanctuary
    Ephemerai - Sanctuary Posts: 335 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    Congrats Reds =) I'll be slowly working my way there, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chillum - Dreamweaver
    Chillum - Dreamweaver Posts: 887 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    ^ It is not insane...a pain and can be VERY frustrating but do-able. Although I must admit I started at least a week into 2x drops and went from there. I farmed HH and LIVED in HH and still do.

I never did the trophy modes for rep because felt was a waste of time. HH was about 85% of my $$ and then setting up shop to buy the tokens when cheap. My suggestion is start now, go slow and save $$ and when tokens come back buy them super cheap ;)

b:dirty Rank b:dirty 8 b:dirty

Well done!

Edit: i'm in 15,432 reputation.... *Sob*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    Congrats Reds =) I'll be slowly working my way there, lol.
    b:dirty Rank b:dirty 8 b:dirty

Well done!

Edit: i'm in 15,432 reputation.... *Sob*

b:chuckle ty and ty...still have a lot of work to do ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    konariraiden Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2010
    b:chuckle ty and ty...still have a lot of work to do ;)

*pout*

...I jealous...you hax...

b:sad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    *pout*

...I jealous...you hax...

b:sad

b:sad No!!

Work too hard, have some good friends and a veno w/ herc alt b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    b:sad No!!

Work too hard, have some good friends and a veno w/ herc alt b:cute

...I wish I had friends...

b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I present to you the winner of Konari's Signature Contest...SilversMoon from Heaven's Tear!
  • RedsRose - Lost City
    edited May 2010
    ...I wish I had friends...

b:surrender

>_>

*slaps*

hush....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• konariraiden
    edited May 2010
    >_>

*slaps*

hush....

b:cute

...okays.

b:shutup
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]