Which Genie?

Yindra - Sanctuary
Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
Well, after stumbling across "yet another" genie "guide" that didn't actually guide anything, I still figured I could just get my genie, dump it into the inventory slot and forget about it again. At least it would be another quest off the quest finder :-) After all, not touching the genie shouldn't **** it up, just like not getting it at all.

Still, there's one open question: apparently you get to choose a genie type --- so which one do I want? Yes I know, I should get the one that does what I want. Now, I want a genie that either makes me rich or that can make my Golem tank bosses, or both. One-Shotting bosses would be ok too. Or massive Exp+Spirit boost. No such thing? My point exactly --- I can't tell what I want since I've never seen a "guide" that goes beyond all that lucky point and leveling **** and actually talks about the SKILLS and STATS.

So, as a non-PvP pet-using no-cash Venomancer, which genie do I want? Just in case I finally stumble across that huge chest of money that I've been looking for during the last 69 levels and decide to actually level the genie, give it some skills and use it :-) [ Stumbling across the Key of the Twilight would be good too, but I think the chest is easier to find ]
Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
Post edited by Yindra - Sanctuary on

Comments

• tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Letting someone tell you what you want isn't such a good idea as it takes your playing the game away from you.

If you don't plan to use the genie, get a Zeal one as they sell best for their innate skill (used for luring). Even if you don't use it: Keep it equipped so it levels. Genie XP = Coin!

A Genie can reduce costs, speed things up, and save your butt.

Skills I use:

Earth Flame - Sure Tame Beast is free to use for luring, but it's very slow even with -45%ch.
    Holy Path - Can save your butt, catch you up to squad (costs for speed, but you also get drops you might miss), give you some distance from boss to rez / summon pet (saves a huge amount of time from exiting and re-entering instance at times).
    Second Wind -Cheaper alternative to HP pots, butt saver.
    Absolute Domain - Cheap immunity to stuns (combine with Feral Concentration), and temporary invincibility (keeps you safe while casting Feral). -Compare to cost of vacuity powders.
    Cloud Eruption - A very cheap way to triple spark Parasitic Nova or provide a lending hand in a pinch. - Compare to cost of spark pots.
    Tangling Mire -Kill quicker! I chose this over Extreme Poison because my Genie has only 3 dex. It's also AoE and stacks with Amp, and Ironwood Scarab. -Great for reducing time in solo boss battles, or pumping up the AoE dmg from a BM.

I'd recommend checking out this site: http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/genieskill.php

-Look carefully over affinity, and energy requirements.

To have the skills listed above on a single genie, you'd need at least 71 lucky points (for the 6th skill) on a Lv. 95+ genie (for the affinity points). - Understand why you should be equipping genies to level now? My genie could probably sell for over 20m coins and the LP (value) could have been achieved just by having a genie equipped.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    If you're not going to USE you genie, then it doesn't matter which you get.

I'd say the zeal for the most useful starting skill.