Is is worth getting Claw?

King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
edited April 2010 in Venomancer
I'm planning the pet to have flesh ream - bloodhunger - pounce - claw. is that worth it? wonder if that's a good pet for DPS as I turn flesh ream off for bosses...

wolffy2.jpg
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
Post edited by King_Solomon - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    I'm planning the pet to have flesh ream - bloodhunger - pounce - claw. is that worth it? wonder if that's a good pet for DPS as I turn flesh ream off for bosses...

wolffy2.jpg

A waste to put rare skills on that pet, imo.

You will spend well over 60mil on claw+pounce alone. And I dont think I have ever seen pounce for sale in AH...
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • cronoslave
    cronoslave Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    That pet has low damage and fast attack speed. To make the most of the skills it's better to use a high damage/slow attack pet such as the varicose scorpion, glacial walker, petite sawfly etc.

Also, your pet needs to have bloodthirst lvl3 before it can learn bloodhunger, so that leaves you with one less skill slot. As for pounce, I agree it's very rare. I've never seen it on sale either.

Conclusion, for the price of bloodthirst, bloodhunger and claw, a phoenix will cost less and deal more damage. The only reason to put such expensive skills on a common pet would be so that people are unsuspecting of it's damage potential.
  • Yindra - Sanctuary
    Yindra - Sanctuary Posts: 784 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    Still, he deserves style points for keeping the wolfling around all the time. I still have the egg --- but it's at lvl 17 :-) The severly limited pet slot count means we can't just make pets for fun :-(
    Slow progress, game is getting way too grindy :-( Quests I still hope to be able to do some day: FB39, General Feng
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited April 2010
    cronoslave wrote: »
    That pet has low damage and fast attack speed. To make the most of the skills it's better to use a high damage/slow attack pet such as the varicose scorpion, glacial walker, petite sawfly etc.

Also, your pet needs to have bloodthirst lvl3 before it can learn bloodhunger, so that leaves you with one less skill slot. As for pounce, I agree it's very rare. I've never seen it on sale either.

Conclusion, for the price of bloodthirst, bloodhunger and claw, a phoenix will cost less and deal more damage. The only reason to put such expensive skills on a common pet would be so that people are unsuspecting of it's damage potential.

It has lvl3 bloodthirst as 4th skill. I use it a lot while grinding. I cast it when the mob is nearly dead so it interrupts the skill, regenerating hp without cooldown.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.