Heal Pet Aggro

Chobsi - Heavens Tear
Chobsi - Heavens Tear Posts: 540 Arc User
edited March 2010 in Venomancer
So yesterday someone WCed saying they had a wined Eden with Phelbo left and they were going to give it away because they couldnt solo him. I was bored and it was 2x drops so I whispered her for it. I brought a cleric friend of mine because she needed him for Culti. About 1/2 way through every 15ish hits Phelbo would run to be and hit me 2 times. I soloed him at 88 and didnt notice this. So I was just curious...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Chobsi the only thing your good at is making your character look good, otherwise your fail"
"Did that 95 BM just kill himself to your Herc? Mmm..Yep"
"Oh that thing I thought was a statue, it 1 shot me, switch to your cleric please"
"So that Hercules guy from the disney movie really aged well.."
~Chobsi b:cute
Post edited by Chobsi - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Raviste - Heavens Tear
    Raviste - Heavens Tear Posts: 288 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Phlebo does random aggro at half HP.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Retired - Radiance
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Yes like EA in brim, phlebo has random agro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    fb 89 is soloable from 83 for a veno herc ^^
  • Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited March 2010

I know you venos can solo heaven, my friend was soloing heaven when she was 81 or 82, but some of you might have problems with brimstone.

Chambermaids heal themselves and if you do not damage them fast enough you might eventually run out of mana and die. (But this becomes easy if you bring along another damage dealer and if your damage dealer can learn to wait for threat to build so that your herc keeps aggro.)
  • WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    theyre also non existant when you wine. unless you're trying trophy, whats the point in doing it without it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I know you venos can solo heaven, my friend was soloing heaven when she was 81 or 82, but some of you might have problems with brimstone.

Chambermaids heal themselves and if you do not damage them fast enough you might eventually run out of mana and die. (But this becomes easy if you bring along another damage dealer and if your damage dealer can learn to wait for threat to build so that your herc keeps aggro.)

ye, I was talking about eden :)
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Phlebo has a moderate pdef debuff he'll occasionally put on your herc. Light, heavy, and vit builds will have a harder time soloing him than pure mag builds. I don't think I was able to do it until I was in my high 80s. Having extra channeling gear would help too.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    You can pull Herc back for duration of debuff.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Mitties - Dreamweaver
    Mitties - Dreamweaver Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've encountered a similar situation as the OP. Only, I was doing a low-level FB, so it was easier for me to pull aggro. But it semeed like whenever I would heal my pet, I would grab aggro from other active monsters.
    [Insert pithy quote here.]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    I've encountered a similar situation as the OP. Only, I was doing a low-level FB, so it was easier for me to pull aggro. But it semeed like whenever I would heal my pet, I would grab aggro from other active monsters.

You need to make sure all attacking monsters have been hit, or anyone using a heal (whether veno, cleric, wizard, or psychic) will get heal aggro.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver
    Squeakytoy - Dreamweaver Posts: 660 Arc User
    edited March 2010
    Phlebo has a moderate pdef debuff he'll occasionally put on your herc. Light, heavy, and vit builds will have a harder time soloing him than pure mag builds. I don't think I was able to do it until I was in my high 80s. Having extra channeling gear would help too.

Actually, Phlebo's debuff seems to be similar to a BM's Heaven's Flame, in that it makes the target take double damage. Phlebo's ranged attack (earth damage) hits my Hercules for about 2500 while debuffed.