Beware of Thieves

Options
Darkette - Sanctuary
Darkette - Sanctuary Posts: 148 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Twilight Temple (West)
Unfortunately, like the real world, Sanctuary is also populated by low lifes who are only too willing to steal from other players; case in point:

Tonight, while doing a TT run with faction mates, a fellow faction member by the name of (removed) offered to be the banker. As he was a member of our faction we trusted him.

Following completion of the run, we gathered to divide the loot and (removed) appeared to dc. We waited a good 15 minutes for him to return, but he logged back on and promptly left our faction -- with all the drops from our TT run.

When I asked why he did it, (removed) replied: "My faction is rich from ripping off gullible kids."

This is not the kind of player PWI needs in it's game. This is precisely one of the circumstances that causes players to quit the game, ultimately costing PWI revenue.

---- Now, I expect there will be some who will comment on my post, rationalizing that (removed) behavior is somehow acceptable. To those who feel it is, you're wrong. Thievery in any form, whether in a game or in real life, is flat wrong and should not be tolerated.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Darkette - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    It's against the ToS to call someone out on the forums. You might want to edit out his name before a mod does it for you b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Frankly, my dear, I don't give a da.mn.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    The reason why i avoid doing those thing with people i dunno even if they in my faction, or at last those that already chat with me a lot.
    That way i know what kind of person is them, but that just me i guess . .

And just like Aadi said call someone name in forum is not allowed. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol u dumb
    you has allowed some random recently joined faction member to be the banker?
    b:chuckle
    there be your problem.
    xD
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Darkette - Sanctuary
    edited February 2010
    Options
    lol u dumb
    you has allowed some random recently joined faction member to be the banker?
    b:chuckle
    there be your problem.
    xD

Well, no; I'm new to the faction and didn't make the decision about who would be the banker.

But that's beside the point. Trusting others is NOT shameful; whereas, stealing from others is despicable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Katzyn - Sanctuary
    Katzyn - Sanctuary Posts: 1,270 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I, for one, am glad for the warning. =) Not that anyone but our higher-ups get to be banker anyway, but it's a good thing to pass on, IMO.
    Katzyn, level 101 Demon Veno
    Kylenea, level 99 Demon Cleric
    ForestSonata, level 6x Mystic
    Proud wifeh of Yudai <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Courtesy of the amazing Forsakenx~
  • Ignation - Lost City
    Ignation - Lost City Posts: 176 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Even if it is against the ToS, what this person did was call out a thief, and that is something good, if more people read this from Sanctuary, all of them would think twice before making a squad and letting this miserable low life of a person join them.
    "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbled, or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes short again and again, who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause, who at best knows achievement and who at the worst if he fails at least fails while daring greatly so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat."
  • Dark_Exile - Raging Tide
    Dark_Exile - Raging Tide Posts: 52 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    i will make one point clear that u got severely wrong, it does not cost pwi revenue, you see my dear the ppl who spend money on this game generally pay others for thier mats.... not farm themselves, or they bypass TT entirely an buy legendary gear, either way pwi dont care lol
    Death is only the beginning.....

Vae Victus
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    Well, no; I'm new to the faction and didn't make the decision about who would be the banker.

But that's beside the point. Trusting others is NOT shameful; whereas, stealing from others is despicable.

b:surrender
    well that be unfortunate, so both of you were recently new and you just got unlucky then.
    X_X
    b:surrender
    it be more understandable since you be new to the faction as well.
    x_X
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaininFire - Sanctuary
    RaininFire - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    good for you for posting his/her name

the more we speak out about this kind of behaviour the less I would hope it is likely to happen.

it may get deleted in a few mins/hours/days

but if that's a few more people in sanctuary that aware of this name then its no bad thing

b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary
    XHappyBunnyx - Sanctuary Posts: 683 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    so sad people resort to this sort of behavior. Filth. Let the scum's name be known b:victory
    Q - How to win on Perfect World?
    A - Throw money at it.
  • arjo
    arjo Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    well....even its against of ToS im happy u wrote this thread! its good to know with who i will not squad in any cirqumstances! b:thanks

and....u happen to know name of that faction he mentioned?
  • QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824
    QontroL - Sanctuary_1374340824 Posts: 110 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    im only on the 2nd page of this topic and I already forgot the name of this guyb:surrender
  • VILKASS - Sanctuary
    VILKASS - Sanctuary Posts: 278 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle I saw him near TOA yesterday.
  • _Sheh - Sanctuary
    _Sheh - Sanctuary Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    I'm surprised the thread isn't locked yet, let alone the name censored.. Mods being lax or what? b:sweat
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    Options
    This is not the place for this.

Please submit a ticket about this situation for the GM's to have a look at it, as that kind of scamming is a violation of the ToS here:

(j) Engage in any actions that defraud or attempt to defraud, scam or cheat others out of any items that have been earned through authorized game play;

FrankieRaye
This discussion has been closed.