Farming FB 59 for rep

Tojop - Dreamweaver
Tojop - Dreamweaver Posts: 623 Arc User
edited February 2010 in Venomancer
I have my veno at 62 and want to take advantage of double drops. It was kind of tough using my scorpion as the mobs hit pretty hard, so I'm going to use Glacial Walker.

Only question is should I use Bash or Flesh Ream, and why? Any input is appreciated. Please withhold any "get a herc nub" posts, thanks.
Post edited by Tojop - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Azura - Lost City
    Azura - Lost City Posts: 2,281 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    If you can put both, would be better so you can have 2 skills that pull agro.
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    "get a herc nub"
    Sorry... couldnt resist b:chuckle I was farming fb59 for rep around your level and did it with Golem, so Glacial Walker shouldn't have problems there.

May I ask why it matters which skill you use? Imo, it shouldnt matter which skill you use on pet. I am more fan of Bash :)
    If it is for keeping aggro, then none of them will be able to keep aggro for a long time. Luckly, Glacial Walker has Roar, which steals aggro in the same moment.
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Well I'm not a very experienced venomancer, don't know very much about skills, pet skills, etc. Just wondering if one does appreciably more damage, I've heard people comparing the two as being similar.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    I'm intending to add bash to my walker to supplement its icicle. Flesh ream just has too long a cooldown.

You should also think seriously about bringing an eldergoth marksman/sharpshooter along to lure/tank runners (the triocs in metal and the archers and rock throwers in earth. Right click active skill to turn it off, and these pets attack at range only. Of course, using only normal attacks, they don't even hold aggro as well as normally.)

You won't be able to solo any of the bosses at your level, so plan on doing one valley, leaving and resetting the instance before going back in.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Tojop - Dreamweaver
    edited February 2010
    Yeah that was my plan. Thanks for the info
  • _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear
    _Leiian_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited February 2010
    bash is better to hold aggro and steal aggro from u when u get it.
    but I dont know if u can tank bosses at your lvl with a magmite or walker.