The new Sort button

Options
Solandri - Heavens Tear
Solandri - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,843 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
How would you like it if I installed a button among your home's light switches which would rearrange everything in your house if you accidentally hit it? That's what this button does. People are accidentally hitting the button and having to spend the next 5-10 minutes putting their inventory back the way they had it.

Please please please give it a confirmation dialog, or give us the ability to undo the sort. Or if you want to Do It Right, let us assign certain rows in our inventory as sortable and others as static.
Post edited by Solandri - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Vivre - Harshlands
    Vivre - Harshlands Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    ^^^ agree agree agree agree agree

Or just get rid of it altogether. That would be ok too b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    What is this 'res' you speak of? b:cute
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    O.o
    me just noticed the sort button
    >.<

me hasn't pressed it yet
    o.O
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What exactly is the purpose of this button anyway?

Ive hit it by accident a few times, and its annoying as heck. Is there a way we can lock it, so if we accidentally hit it, it doesnt get jumbled?

But seriously....what purpose of a button is that? To make everything mix and mingle like a blender....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • axt57
    axt57 Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I pressed it due to curiosity.

Spent the next 10 mins putting stuff back to its correct place; I really don't see how it sorts anything, just dumps everything together at the top.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    why complain i love this feature its just like a regular rpg this way
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Poison - Heavens Tear
    Poison - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,444 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    +1 to the ability to lock it from being used, or a dialog box warning in case you misclick, or an undo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    b:chuckle

I like the button, it just organizes your items by their purpose. It's fantastic for us that don't want to spend time sorting each item individually.

Don't try to look for a cats fifth leg, this new feature is just for the sake of quick organization.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Sheeeba - Dreamweaver
    Sheeeba - Dreamweaver Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I made the mistake of trying this on my bank where I have all my stuff meticulously arranged in very precise up and down patterns (i get a little ocd about organization lol). Needless to say, i don't like this button, sheerly because it arranges things horizontally instead of vertically. How lame.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

::venos kick tail::

Sheeeba: 8x Venomancer, Hate2Love
    ClericNico: 7x Cleric(Mainly Support), Hate2Love Executor
    _Poe_: 6x Barbarian, Einherjar

"You don't know me, son, so let me explain this to you once. If I ever kill you, you'll be awake, you'll be facing me, and you'll be armed."
  • Alabastor - Dreamweaver
    Alabastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    First how do you accindently hit the button? Do you randomly just click the mouse around the screen in down time?

Second if you meticulously arrange your bank or bag, why would even press the button? You would have to know its going to change it all around.

Leave it the way it is. Some like it, some don't. If you don't like it just don't press it.

I really don't see how you can "accindently" press it.
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Hate it. Get the heck rid of it, no one asked for it and no one really "needs" it either.

Pressed it out of curiosity (couldn't resist) and still regretting it now =/
  • Saitada - Sanctuary
    Saitada - Sanctuary Posts: 3,220 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Used it once. I will never use it again. Wasted code, and worthless beyond measure. What were the Devs thinking? Or were they too busy smoking the pipe when this idea popped into their heads?

~Saitada
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Its not........a disease or something.
    Yeah I used it once, it kinda messed my inv up. It puts armor at the top, then pots, then random stuff and things like Orchidelia flower/pickaxe/unopened supply box at the bottom.
    Then again i havent expanded my inv so most of my stuff is in a non-expanded bank. (Well its get 4 rows, i expanded it with the dq21/31 items)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • jaeseu
    jaeseu Posts: 420 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I tried it once, just out of curiosity, and don't think I'll ever use it again.

I have consumable items and armor/ornaments sitting at the top of my inventory while the bottom half holds my herbs, celestones, other mats.

I didn't like how it brought everything to the top lol.

But anyway, if you don't like it, don't use it...and try to learn to avoid pressing it on accident...which I'm still trying to see how that happens lol. Some people actually happen to like it so I don't think they'll remove it.

It'd be nice if you can specify how it could be arranged...but meh. x;
  • Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary
    Jaggerjaques - Sanctuary Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    No one forces you to click the button. If you dont like it, dont use it.
    helr-cleric-8x
    Jaggerjaques-BM-8x
    blackrobe-wizard-7x
    _Tara-veno-6x
    Superpoke-sin-7x
    punching_bag-barb 7x
  • Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    you can accidently click the button cos IT IS RIGHT WHERE THE BUTTON THEY ADDED TO SHOW FULL INVENTORY USED TO BE!!!!!

I guess the chinese like a pot luck approach to storage - cant remember seeing this request in our suggestion section lol

+1 for confirmation dialogue
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • OneHottShot - Heavens Tear
    OneHottShot - Heavens Tear Posts: 704 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    What exactly is the purpose of this button anyway?

Ive hit it by accident a few times, and its annoying as heck. Is there a way we can lock it, so if we accidentally hit it, it doesnt get jumbled?

But seriously....what purpose of a button is that? To make everything mix and mingle like a blender....

It doesn't just get jumbled, it sorts everything by what it is. If you have multiple kinds of arrows, those go in the top. Then pots etc..It has a purpose for those who like to have some order. For instance when I grind and then go sell my dq drops etc.. I always have multiple open spaces. Now I don't have to move and rearrange everything, that feature does it for me.
    First how do you accindently hit the button? Do you randomly just click the mouse around the screen in down time?

Second if you meticulously arrange your bank or bag, why would even press the button? You would have to know its going to change it all around.

Leave it the way it is. Some like it, some don't. If you don't like it just don't press it.

I really don't see how you can "accindently" press it.

I agree, I don't see how anyone can accidentally press it. Matter of fact I got a bit annoyed today b/c I had to press it twice to get it to work! I think the problem is that people didn't read the patch notes and know what it did. They used it and everything got rearranged and now they are urked! Get over it, don't use the button if you don't like it... but I don't buy the "accidental" gig.
    No one forces you to click the button. If you dont like it, dont use it.

^^this
  • Chihuahua - Dreamweaver
    Chihuahua - Dreamweaver Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love it b:pleased , hate sorting stuff b:surrender
    b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased b:pleased
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Yes, the sort needs to be cancelable or configurable.

But it does kinda work - I hit i by accident, it put all of my pots together, all of my apoth items together.

But it also put all of my junk arrow drops at the top of my inventory and mixed in my petfood and my pdef ornaments with junk drops.

So yes - not a useful button.
  • /Groovy/ - Harshlands
    /Groovy/ - Harshlands Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I pressed it and really liked the result :)
    Packs World International
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    How do you accidentally spell accidentally wrong?

People make mistakes. It's called being human. I frequently put too much pressure on the mouse while moving it, enough to depress the left button. Only happens about once every 2-3 days, but a "feature" like this with no safeguards can turn that one accidental click into a minor catastrophe which wastes 5% of my evening's play time.
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I pressed this button out of curiosity. Now then, I have a very specific way of ordering my inventory. Pots and apoth items are row one and two. Below that, equipment that I will use (for example, my pair of claws if I feel like beating the **** out of something) Below this, we have things like mats. Below those we have things I need to sell, be it DQ items I want to NPC to gear I picked up. My supply stash, hammer and all my molds go on my final row. Etc. etc.

I hit the button to see if it could order them any better.

It smashed all my inventory items to the top, pots were all jumbled up, I couldn't even find my MP food in that mess until I sorted it all out again, etc. etc.

It is the worst sorting I have ever seen. I won't be pressing that button again.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Lisandra - Raging Tide
    Lisandra - Raging Tide Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I love this button. I love love love it. I think its the best addition, i press it all the time now b/c I can never find drops in my inventory, but now all the gear that drops go straight to the top of my bag! It was a great addition.
  • Raikena - Sanctuary
    Raikena - Sanctuary Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    i love it to makes my inventory much more neater b:pleased shame they dont have a sort button for my wardrobe b:sad
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    This is another feature that sounds great in principle, but is absolutely a pain in the ****. People with full inventory and bank extensions like things sorted their own way. Hitting the "sort" button just brings chaos. Lots of it.

Another example of the devs having too much money and too little to do. Create new features that sound great, but are implemented horribly. Job security ftw. It's also a sign that the developers don't actually play this game.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Gandora - Harshlands
    Gandora - Harshlands Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like this feature. Makes it alot easier to find my items. If everyone hates it why not just reorganize it, I would think you would have to do it from time to time. Im kinda curious as to what kinda chaos the world would be in if people are just accidentally pressing buttons, maybe we can get a self delete button and see what happens. People are saying this is a horrible feature, just move on and dont use the button, I love this button. I want to see more helpful features like this in the future, not like its going to mess with me since I can read.
  • Solandri - Heavens Tear
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I like this feature. Makes it alot easier to find my items. If everyone hates it why not just reorganize it, I would think you would have to do it from time to time.
    I'm not saying get rid of the button. I just want a safety added so my meticulous inventory organization is not one click away from destruction.
    Im kinda curious as to what kinda chaos the world would be in if people are just accidentally pressing buttons, maybe we can get a self delete button and see what happens.
    I find it amazing that so many people who play this game have never made a mistake in their life. Please show some deference to us mere mortals who do make the occasional oopsie.
  • MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear
    MoonUsagi - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,377 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't use it.
    If you accidentally hit it, try to not do it again.

I am myself was used to default sort of items on other games. Before these button here, i am always need some minutes too rearrange items if i get a new one.
    Now i just hit that button. b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry i speak engrish b:chuckle
    Nickname doesn't have anything to do with sailor but related to a folklore
    Use search, it was your best friends to avoid many suffering in internet...
  • IDoomblade - Heavens Tear
    IDoomblade - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    If you don't like it, don't use it... just like a lot of other people have said... If you're not a total moron... you might have assumed or guessed that it may "re-sort" your inventory since it's a "Sort" button...

This is a good feature... but it still needs some work... They're needs to be several options of how the items are organized... Like most Final Fantasy series have options to sort items like: Battle, Magic, General, or whatever...

Think for yourself - Question authority

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vintersun - Sanctuary
    Vintersun - Sanctuary Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Why complain about the sort button? JUST dont USE it!
    If you push it and don't like the effect, don't do it again.
    (\_/)
    (O.o)
    (> <)Gotta Love Bunnies!
  • Starchief - Sanctuary
    Starchief - Sanctuary Posts: 606 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I liek this buttan :D

People say they spend hours sorting their inventory. Well this button is there so you dont have to, revelation? maybe... press it once, memorize the order, keep pressing it it and youll never lose anything in your inventory again >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]