Question on reporting

Options
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited January 2010 in General Discussion
Just a quick question on reporting, feel free to close after it's been answered.

I'm on my alt watching a botter who's been camping the same spot for hours now. (Towerlings near forest of haze, no response whatsoever, exact same pattern, constant pet heal with pet on defence....constant venom when tower spawns and pet attacks...pick up...back to constant pet heal. Natures grace/mp restore set on auto when fallen below 50%...Only stays at the same mob)

Now, I know full well it's pointless submitting a ticket, and frankly not worth the effort. It would take a while to do, then a few days wait and the botter would obviously be elsewhere by then.

I was advised by someone to try /GM. This brings up a "I'm stuck!" option. So question is, is it ok to use this to report botters? and if not what's the best and most effective way to go about it?

Comments

• Skybelle - Sanctuary
    Skybelle - Sanctuary Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    From personal experience, pressing the GM button just brought me to the site for live support or something (which I don't really know about) and just reporting them the normal way, will just take awhile for anyone to respond.

So I really think it's not worth the effort. Unless they changed the function for the GM button thing. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    my C H A R A C T E R S ; feel free to message me in game.
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sometimes i wonder if xfire videoing or youtubing helps cause by the time the ticket is looked at.... but meh....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Try right clicking the character face after you have him targeted, and using the "Report Hacking" button?

You could always take a video to show it's a bot. Spoons said before to ask the person outright "Are you a bot?" and if there's no answer after a while then it's obvious they're botting. They may ignore some PMs, but a PM like that they won't.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    sometimes i wonder if xfire videoing or youtubing helps cause by the time the ticket is looked at.... but meh....

I still don't think posting something on youtube, trying to get them caught or something the sort isn't worth it. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Skybelle (cleric; currently on break) | Psybelle (psychic; rarely on) | Cocobelle (veno; current main)
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    >.>
    <.<
    okies listen to me. me will teach you some of the ways of the ban hamster.
    d(^.^)

what you do is this.
    okies first get some sort of recording program (me use xfire)

well okies so if you happen to catch a botter while it be live chat time.
    then what you do is live chat and become the ban hamster.
    d(^.-d)
    2010-01-0416-43-35.jpg

that be the easy part.
    but what you do if it be not live chat time....
    then you collect video evidence (which be a heck of a lot easier in PvP server since you can do this. which makes them lose exp as well and you get undeniable proof that they be botting.

mod edit: hamsta, please don't post the name of users whom you are reporting, that's not what the forums are for d(^.-d)
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Aelric - Lost City
    Aelric - Lost City Posts: 1,031 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I took screenshots of a guy pulling Chin into town and sent them in... received this:

Sooo.... does that mean they are going to take care of it? not sure lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks XRipetidex for the awesome sig!
    "I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living, it's a way of looking at life through the wrong end of a telescope and that enables you to laugh at life's realities."
    -Dr. Seuss
    b:victory
  • Aadi - Lost City
    Aadi - Lost City Posts: 4,449 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    I took screenshots of a guy pulling Chin into town... received this:

Sooo.... does that mean they are going to take care of it? not sure lol

He probably got banned for a day or two, or more depending on his record.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "aadi is a forum ninja, always there, skirting thru the shadows... striking with quick posts while you are distracted by your own" -Alexeno(kin)
    "We talk about you because you're fab. b:cute" -Chillum
    "You live for forums. Like seriously."
  • Skybelle - Sanctuary
    edited January 2010
    Options
    >.>
    <.<
    okies listen to me.
    d(^.^)

what you do is this.
    err wait let me get me photos and stuff.

. . . L O A D I N G.
    Waiting for the hamster to hand out the weapons of war. b:chuckle

I'd really like to know about this as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The best and most effective way to report botters is with the following steps:

-You see the "botter", watch them for a bit.
    -Send them a whisper to see if they're around.
    -If they don't respond, follow them a bit and take a screenshot.
    -Send them another whisper, you might even want to say, "hey, are you botting?"
    -If they truly are, they won't respond to any of your whispers. Make sure to wait around a while!
    -Pull out your chatbox so we can see you trying to speak with this person, screenshot it.

Send those screenies in a ticket and we will definitely investigate further.

The reason why the process above is recommended is because it does help us to see if this user was responsive. Anyone could whisper someone and take a screenshot immediately to pretend they didn't get a response, so we want clear evidence to reduce the chance of a false report.

If you think "nothing" is done, keep in mind that we prefer to issue warnings for a first offense if it is not horribly blatant. If you spot the same person violating the rules again, please report them so we have a record of continued rule violation

There is a forum rule that disallows the posting of private correspondences here, please don't post them. b:victory

P.S. you can take a vid like hamsta, but what I described will also work.
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    The best and most effective way to report botters is with the following steps:

-You see the "botter", watch them for a bit.
    -Send them a whisper to see if they're around.
    -If they don't respond, follow them a bit and take a screenshot.
    -Send them another whisper, you might even want to say, "hey, are you botting?"
    -If they truly are, they won't respond to any of your whispers
    -Pull out your chatbox so we can see you trying to speak with this person, screenshot it.

Send those screenies in and we will definitely investigate further.

The reason why the process above is recommended is because it does help us to see if this user was responsive. Anyone could whisper someone and take a screenshot immediately to pretend they didn't get a response, so we want clear evidence to reduce the chance of a false report.

spoons~~~~~
    video evidence be so much more better.
    also.....sometimes botters sometimes come back. (the person botting happens to coincidentally come back at the right moment.)
    (>.<)
    D:
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Psytrac - Dreamweaver
    Psytrac - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,488 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how do you pull out your chatbox?I've not been able to figure that out b:angry
    I'm a guy, not a woman, that is all
    "When you're on Team Bring it, every morning your feet hit the floor, the good lord says "good morning" and the devil says 'Oh **** they're up' " - Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
    Are you on Team Bring it?
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    Try right clicking the character face after you have him targeted, and using the "Report Hacking" button?

Ah, tyvm. That seems like the option I was after.
  • eatwithspoons
    eatwithspoons Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Options
    how do you pull out your chatbox?I've not been able to figure that out b:angry

click the button that looks like 2 horizontal lines with arrows on the top and bottom b:victory
This discussion has been closed.