my turtle pet

anwynd
anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited January 2010 in Venomancer
ok does anybody have a list or know some good mobs for my turtle to kill to lvl up thru the lvls thnks to who ever answers
Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
Post edited by anwynd on

Comments

• rinuruc
    rinuruc Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    level of ur turtle currently???
    i m guessing u just let it stand behind u (not on attackmode, but just so it follows u but doesnt attack mobs), and than hit tortoises level 20ish n just kinda move yer way up through all types of watermobs,... though if ur level 75ish or so, id suggest waiting till 80 n getting the plumfish

(more info is needed here: your level and the turtles level,... otherwise we cant really give accurate info)
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    I actually found that the big gap between water quests wasn't a problem - my 35ish turtle was happily able to tank the mid-50 water mobs, my mid 50s turtle can happily tank the plumpfish.
  • rinuruc
    edited January 2010
    I actually found that the big gap between water quests wasn't a problem - my 35ish turtle was happily able to tank the mid-50 water mobs, my mid 50s turtle can happily tank the plumpfish.

ye but turt is slow??? so if u heal, u get agro from other mobs hitting it?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Please post actual words.

And yes, of course the turtle is poor at holding aggro. You just need to slow down your attacks.

You shouldn't be able to steal aggro just by healing it though, unless it hasn't hit the enemy at all.
  • rinuruc
    edited January 2010
    Please post actual words.

And yes, of course the turtle is poor at holding aggro. You just need to slow down your attacks.

You shouldn't be able to steal aggro just by healing it though, unless it hasn't hit the enemy at all.

thats what im talking about,... multiple mobs hitting ur pet,... with a fast pet u can get the agro back to the pet,... but turtle is slow,... so doesnt that kinda annoy you???
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    rinuruc wrote: »
    That's what I'm talking about, multiple mobs hitting your pet. With a fast pet you can get the aggro back to the pet, but the turtle is slow - doesn't that kinda annoy you?

The turtle has enough hitpoints to survive having three significantly above-level monsters attacking it simultaneously. It can sometimes survive four, but that's pushing it. So hit 'tough', have it swim over and grab the aggro, then heal it.
    Alternatively, there's nothing stopping you luring whilst under-water.

There are faster water pets available, but that wasn't the question.
    Anyhow - for levelling a turtle:
    Up to 20 - the river near arch.
    Up to 30 - further south, the pools near orchid valley. Also sharks and pirahna near angler valley.
    Then there's a big annoying gap. It's possible tideborn lands fix this.
    Up to 50 - Far north east, tai-chi shore, for sharks and bigger turtles.
    Another even bigger more annoying gap here.
    Up to 70 - the sea east of Arch, clams and dragonmaids.
  • anwynd
    edited January 2010
    b:pleasedthnks for the list it will be very handy b:thanksb:victory
  • rinuruc
    edited January 2010
    The turtle has enough hitpoints to survive having three significantly above-level monsters attacking it simultaneously. It can sometimes survive four, but that's pushing it. So hit 'tough', have it swim over and grab the aggro, then heal it.
    Alternatively, there's nothing stopping you luring whilst under-water.

There are faster water pets available, but that wasn't the question.
    Anyhow - for levelling a turtle:
    Up to 20 - the river near arch.
    Up to 30 - further south, the pools near orchid valley. Also sharks and pirahna near angler valley.
    Then there's a big annoying gap. It's possible tideborn lands fix this.
    Up to 50 - Far north east, tai-chi shore, for sharks and bigger turtles.
    Another even bigger more annoying gap here.
    Up to 70 - the sea east of Arch, clams and dragonmaids.
    and do you need a waterpet that much in endgame??? coz idk if its really worth leveling the turtle,... coz idk how much time u spend leveling that turtle,... if you could just get the plumfish at level 80,... will u really need the turtle and the better stats it has???
  • _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear
    _Surreal_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,458 Arc User
    edited January 2010
    Dont bother...just get the water pet nearest your lvl when you need to do a water quest
    TheEmpire

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited January 2010
    Rinuruc - please PLEASE fix that abomination of txtspk.

And no, I personally am not bothering with levelling up a turtle. I kept the level-5 one until 35 or so, traded up to the 51 one, and will swap for a plumpfish next level.

But I can see why you might want a turtle (it tanks like a miniature god), and the question wasn't "What water pet should I use" but how to level one up.
  • anwynd
    edited January 2010
    i luv me little turtle i will not have anything else it may be a pain to lvl but it will be worth it *hugs me turtle*b:pleased