P2P or F2P

_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
_DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
Just a curious poll. Try to keep flames, name calling, accusations of "QQ" and derailing out of the thread please, just discuss or offer an opinion on the subject.

Question is...If you had the choice, would you rather have PWI Free to play (exactly as is now, unchanged) or become P2P for a small monthly fee and as a result have the cash shop entirely eliminated, meaning no boutique items whatsoever except from events, NPC shops and quest rewards?
Post edited by _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Risingdragon - Sanctuary
    Risingdragon - Sanctuary Posts: 264 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    b:chuckle can i have option 5 that is free and dont have boutiq which like "Guild War" b:chuckle
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just a curious poll. Try to keep flames, name calling, accusations of "QQ" and derailing out of the thread please, just discuss or offer an opinion on the subject.

Question is...If you had the choice, would you rather have PWI Free to play (exactly as is now, unchanged) or become P2P for a small monthly fee and as a result have the cash shop entirely eliminated, meaning no boutique items whatsoever except from events, NPC shops and quest rewards?

In my opinion, I prefer the F2P model, since if I do not have the funds to spend, I can still play and not have to worry about it. I also like the fact that I get to choose which part of the game I spend my money on (I spend quite a bit on fashion...).

I have also played P2P MMOs, but in the end, it is also about who spends the most RL money, since pretty much all P2P MMOs I have played are flooded with gold bots, and lots of the players do buy gold/coins with RL money, or they buy characters.

So F2P, to me, equals more flexibility, since I do not have to pay to play.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • LilWolfy - Heavens Tear
    LilWolfy - Heavens Tear Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    ive been gone from pwi for about a month but from what i see there working there hardest to get all the items they can into the cash shop. used to be maybe one or 2 items on that first page the hot items page ...or what ever its called. i havnt counted them but atm there is probally like 30 items there
  • Panthalassa - Dreamweaver
    Panthalassa - Dreamweaver Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Where's the option for "F2P with set gold:coin ratio"?
    Also Known As: Sora_Kaiyou

I got tired of my avatar not showing up. b:sad
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would say F2p! There is nothing in that cash shop u need. Cash Shop is just an easier and quicker way to do things, or get some where quicker, or etc... You get the point.
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I want an option for either completely F2P or with gold at a set price =P
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You know this started out p2p right?
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
    edited December 2009
    I would say F2p! There is nothing in that cash shop u need. Cash Shop is just an easier and quicker way to do things, or get some where quicker, or etc... You get the point.

lmao easy to say that when ur lv 42 ....trying holding aggro from insane archers with lunar bows that r like +10
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009

^(o.o)'
    this
    lols
    b:chuckle
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
    edited December 2009

...if pwi went p2p i would uninstall it w/o a second thought
  • _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary
    _DarkSeph_ - Sanctuary Posts: 2,294 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Isn't "F2P no boutique" pretty much the same thing as "please shut down the servers"? b:chuckle

I mean, they need their income from somewhere.

And I know it started out P2P and failed, but we have a lot of different content now. As I said, just merely curious. :P
  • Fishtaco - Lost City
    Fishtaco - Lost City Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Option 5 Please
    remain Play To Play
    Cmon You Know Its Almost Impossible To Play This Game Without Paying With All This Oracle/anni Pack ****/flawed Expansion
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Option 5 Please
    remain Play To Play
    Cmon You Know Its Almost Impossible To Play This Game Without Paying With All This Oracle/anni Pack ****/flawed Expansion

too late....
    me are already playing teh game without "All This Oracle/anni Pack ****/flawed Expansion"
    b:chuckle
    and me am doing quite nicely.
    XD
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • IceJazmin - Heavens Tear
    IceJazmin - Heavens Tear Posts: 4,206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    And I know it started out P2P and failed, but we have a lot of different content now. As I said, just merely curious. :P

Actualy it did not fail, it is a very successful model in China, which still has P2P servers, if I am not mistaken.

When the chinese company created the upgrade to PW, which is PW2 (or as we know it PWI), they went with the "new craze" of micro transactions, since it had showed that it can generate more reveniew in the long run, being able to make $2 dollars of a player is better than not making any money because they cannot pay at all.
    Too often we loose sight of life's simple pleasures. Remember, when someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles in your face to frown, BUT, it only takes 4 muscles to extend your arm and slap that mother#$@%#^! upside the head.
  • DollParts - Sanctuary
    DollParts - Sanctuary Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i voted for the second one, because it hilarious.. and its our reality.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ZSage - Heavens Tear
    ZSage - Heavens Tear Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Wait, pw is f2p?b:question, many people told me it was p2w
  • BeingHope - Harshlands
    BeingHope - Harshlands Posts: 5,013 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well of course I'd like F2P but I'd be okay if it turned into a P2P game because I have the money to pay for the membership.

But then again, it would be pretty bad for a majority of the players here because I know that a ton of my friends don't have money to buy gold, not to even mention membership b:surrender

Lol yeah, my little insight of my thoughts ^-^
    [SIGPIC]http://i933.photobucket.com/albums/ad175/beinghope/beinghopesiggie.png[/SIGPIC]
    I forgot!!! Thanks forsaken for the signature b:cute
    b:chuckle I love huge catshops LOL b:laugh
  • Piliener - Lost City
    Piliener - Lost City Posts: 589 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    China just banned p2p games this year, but it was up yes
    Spoons you will forever be missed in this community
  • f0xxya
    f0xxya Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    F2p sure, not p2p pay to play....but also P2P = peer to peer to increase bandwitch b:dirty
  • Sandaili - Dreamweaver
    Sandaili - Dreamweaver Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    In my opinion, I prefer the F2P model, since if I do not have the funds to spend, I can still play and not have to worry about it. I also like the fact that I get to choose which part of the game I spend my money on (I spend quite a bit on fashion...).

I have also played P2P MMOs, but in the end, it is also about who spends the most RL money, since pretty much all P2P MMOs I have played are flooded with gold bots, and lots of the players do buy gold/coins with RL money, or they buy characters.

So F2P, to me, equals more flexibility, since I do not have to pay to play.

You've said it all. The game I played (the one with commercials on tv...bleh) was always filled with gold spammers, and people who didn't care about buying gold in real life illegally. The fact that our GMs care about rules, and world chat is not filled with gold buying announcements, is awesome. And I agree - spending money on what you want - like my Ninetails and Beetle - instead of $$ per month just to play - well, that's awesome too. I never know when I can get on - especially with school.

F2P ftw....
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    F2P - Like it is now.

No matter how much people complain about things now, the game is not broken.

If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.