I die way to quickly

Tailzz - Dreamweaver
Tailzz - Dreamweaver Posts: 136 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Assassin
I am lvl 20 fighting aroybe dryads (something like that,lvl 21) and they are dealing over 90 dmg every hit, and it takes me 3-4 skills to defeat them. I am healing myself with pots like everytime I fight 1. This is a lot of money to pay on pots.
Post edited by Tailzz - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Ashendal - Dreamweaver
    Ashendal - Dreamweaver Posts: 81 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yep. It'll be that way for a while until you get some of your higher skills. From what I read Rib Strike is supposed to be helpful once you get high enough to use it. For now though just farm mats for gold to get your potions.
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    Morty - Raging Tide Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It will get worse at lvl 25-30. After 30 though its fine, it was same case for archer.
    Is Now On Lost City Under The Name; Mortyy
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    really? This is the biggest pain for me in this game lol. What you guys are saying better be true b:shocked

btw morty u use pure dex?
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    really? This is the biggest pain for me in this game lol. What you guys are saying better be true b:shocked

btw morty u use pure dex?

Belive me my archer went through same phase at this level.

4 Dex - 1str.

Just keep it at that as dex builds up you will see difference
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    so as u get more dex you will dodge way more, am i right?
  • Sacronox - Harshlands
    Sacronox - Harshlands Posts: 505 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes you will... it is amazing.... and Focused mind is amazing from my experience so far.

But an easy way to make things a LOT easier is to use lifepowder....it makes a huge difference.
    4x sin - Sacronox
    3x psy- Aegento
    5x wiz- Kimbley
    3x ea - Mavado

Raging Tides-
    3x cleric- Ishmael
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    alright level 20-30 is going to be painful lol
  • Morty - Raging Tide
    edited December 2009
    so as u get more dex you will dodge way more, am i right?

Yes, so don't waste points on Vit. All that does is make you last longer, but you also kill slow/get hit more, so basically your just making it harder for yourself.
    When your dex hits about 150+ you will see major difference ;]
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    lol i have 15 vit not much wasted.
  • Taarloor - Harshlands
    Taarloor - Harshlands Posts: 472 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I am lvl 20 fighting aroybe dryads (something like that,lvl 21) and they are dealing over 90 dmg every hit, and it takes me 3-4 skills to defeat them. I am healing myself with pots like everytime I fight 1. This is a lot of money to pay on pots.

"OH EM GEE!!!, I HAVE TO USE POTIONS, THIS SUX!!"

Typical ignorant Veno, rofl.
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009

lmfao, I cant complain about veno's no more
  • Brigid - Harshlands
    Brigid - Harshlands Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    There's a huge difference between having to use a potion now and then, and having to use 2-3 potions for each and every mob you kill.

As mentioned though, Life Powder is a godsend. I pop one of those and I'm good to go for the next 10 minutes. Keep in mind that it's cut to 12.5 HP/s in combat, but also doubled to 100 HP/s if you meditate.
  • Drmelvin - Heavens Tear
    Drmelvin - Heavens Tear Posts: 258 Arc User
    edited December 2009

Imagine if they had to buy a charm!
  • Terraa - Lost City
    Terraa - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Life powders work wonders. Hardly have to stack Focused Mind, ha.

Your problem is the dryads. They attack a *lot* faster than anything else near your level. Use everything you can to stop them from hitting you; once you get Rib Slash, they're much easier to handle, as well. I soloed the lame named dryad, the level 30 quest that requires you to kill the 35 tree, with a little kiting, as long as I ensured Rib Slash was always on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You're level 20 and only hitting about 90? There's something wrong.
  • Blind_ - Lost City
    Blind_ - Lost City Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    u235 wrote: »
    You're level 20 and only hitting about 90? There's something wrong.

She's getting hit for 90... learn to read :P
    Yes im a blind archer... now stfu
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • u235
    u235 Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    My bad.

/+10
  • Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver
    Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tailzz I found using Puncture as a lead on Any Mob will help you make short work of the mobs This is a Major skill to lvl for us. People may have stated this and I have not seen it and for that I am sorry.

Just remember that Using the skills we have plus a high attack rate with our daggers makes major difference. Using Life Powder is also a big help I kow that was stated in a previous post.

During that Quest and even the 50/50/45 being Torgrins, Dryads and Densegoth Tuskmoors which is about the same lvl of Difficulty I've Used Life Powders and during that 10 minutes I've had to use maybe 3 pots every 4 fights wich is not that bad.

Basically Skills usage makes the difference in fighting higher lvl mobs. I'm still learning the class myself so I am no major Authority on it. My Suggestion is try leading with your highest damage skill's Like puncture and then fallow up with normal attacks letting the bleed do the hard part for you
  • HeavensWing - Sanctuary
    HeavensWing - Sanctuary Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    It will get worse at lvl 25-30. After 30 though its fine, it was same case for archer.

At level 29 it so easy, You get all your GOOD skills. Just wait a bit longer
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Original Join date: Nov 24, 2008
    Originally Posted by Russiee - Raging Tide

As for Shadow Escape. "I am sin, I Shadow Escape on a boss, Boss attacks cleric and squad wipes. Lolol im pro fish".

^ So pro b:victory ^
  • Tailzz - Dreamweaver
    edited December 2009
    Ok, how much is lifepowder on dreamweaver?
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    this is the reason my Assasin it using plat hp charms lol
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • Atrieus - Raging Tide
    Atrieus - Raging Tide Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    If you die too quickly at 20-29, a good starter (assuming the mob is melee)is:
    Slipstream Strike>Puncture wound> whatever you want to put in there.

IF you fight ranged/ magic mobs, try Puncture Wound first to get in its full bleed duration, then Slipstream Strike.

there's my 2 cents.
  • Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver
    Grim_Jow - Dreamweaver Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    yea i have to use charms too ... i am not satisfied with Sin for now ... i take to much dmg and what i deal isn't that special... i just hope it changes on later lvls :) i use 2 str 1 vit 7 dex build per 2 lvls b:bye
  • Gfox - Lost City
    Gfox - Lost City Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i've been trying to use a bow first. Getting a few shots off beforehand might help. so bow->bow->move back->knife->puncture->slip->regular to death.

idk but there's gotta be a way.
  • storehammy
    storehammy Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    if it really be too expensive.
    o.o'
    you can meditate
    xD
    hemoglobin: idk how the hell you can turn the word burrito into something sexual. perversion at its finest
    b:shocked
    Nastassiya - Sanctuary
    A clone of MagicHamsta... wow. He's original but you're not.

Me are hibernating. *poof*
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    depending on the skill its faster to just hit normally, thus killing faster. Have you seen how long your skill dmg deals compared to the time it takes from the prior hit?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver
    Wraith_Lynn - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Tailzz I Go out and Farm the mats for the Life powder myself. All you need is Nectar and Golden Herbs plus the lvl Apo Skill.

If you send me the Supplies I would be willing to make it for you Since we are on the same server. Or Perhaps we can make a arrangement in game Send me a Message in game thru post box or PM me I'm willing to help out where I can
  • Rangerone - Lost City
    Rangerone - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Belive me my archer went through same phase at this level.

4 Dex - 1str.

Just keep it at that as dex builds up you will see difference

rly ? ... mobs barly tuch me on my archer ... " forst arrow or how its caled normal hit, normal hit... push back normal hit , normal hit ... dead ... O.o (later it;s better to use stun then slow)
  • ghettagangsta
    ghettagangsta Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    well i got a 26 sin and he really low defense and hp... and im getting tired of walking around archosaur takes me 5 minutes to get 1 quest
  • Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear
    Bai_Qi - Heavens Tear Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I hope ur not a Barb, after level 21 I have flown through the ranks to now, My suggestion for the first person; Get w/ a faction. Have an upper level person build u a wep, or do it urself. Then "Bleed" the sucker! My favorite spell to use, make ur genie work w/ u on those, and if it's really to hard for u, then go to ur quests and find another until u get a little higher in level to kill the things u have probs w/. Also when u "rest" click on ur pots, ur HP and MP go up alot faster. Try this plan. Something else to consider, are u using the proper stats on ur current level? When u go up a level, do u put them into the correct place?