Auto-Path update request

Rawne - Lost City
Rawne - Lost City Posts: 1 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Suggestion Box
This is just a simple request for a small change that could make a big difference. If anyone here has played Ether Saga or Jade Dynasty then you will understand what im talking about. Basically what i want is to get rid of the straight line auto-path that PWI is curently useing and switch it to the curving auto-path just like in JD and ES. Im sure many of us have had the problem with trying to auto-path but simply end up runing into a wall and haveing to stay there and control your character all the way to the destination. Whats the point of this auto-pathing if your still forced to completly control the character to the location. When i tried JD and ES i was stuned at how easy it was to move by foot from one place to the next even at long distances with auto-pathing simply because it would plot out a path for you so that you actually got to the place your going instead of runing into a wall and haveing to control yourself around everything. With the JD and ES auto-path style you could put your character on auto-path to go across the world and assumeing you didnt get pkd or killed by any mobs on the way you would actually arrive at your destination. Im sure we are all sick and tired of being in Archasaur and trying to auto path to a dungeon or another city and just runing into a wall. All im asking for here is an auto-path system that actually gets us to the location its autoing to.
Post edited by Rawne - Lost City on

Comments

• razad
    razad Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    This is just a simple request for a small change that could make a big difference. If anyone here has played Ether Saga or Jade Dynasty then you will understand what im talking about. Basically what i want is to get rid of the straight line auto-path that PWI is curently useing and switch it to the curving auto-path just like in JD and ES. Im sure many of us have had the problem with trying to auto-path but simply end up runing into a wall and haveing to stay there and control your character all the way to the destination. Whats the point of this auto-pathing if your still forced to completly control the character to the location. When i tried JD and ES i was stuned at how easy it was to move by foot from one place to the next even at long distances with auto-pathing simply because it would plot out a path for you so that you actually got to the place your going instead of runing into a wall and haveing to control yourself around everything. With the JD and ES auto-path style you could put your character on auto-path to go across the world and assumeing you didnt get pkd or killed by any mobs on the way you would actually arrive at your destination. Im sure we are all sick and tired of being in Archasaur and trying to auto path to a dungeon or another city and just runing into a wall. All im asking for here is an auto-path system that actually gets us to the location its autoing to.

fly...............
  • SouthPaw - Dreamweaver
    SouthPaw - Dreamweaver Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I dont think they will add this since you can avoid hitting walls and the like if you just use your aerogear.
    If you want to use your mount, use it for Material farming like most do.
    That way you pay attention and dont hit walls, lol...
  • MagicHamsta - Lost City
    MagicHamsta - Lost City Posts: 10,466 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    FLY DARN IT FLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    b:chuckle
    darthpanda16: Firefox crashed on me. Aryannamage: I don't think I am a GM that would be new.
    Hawk:Do this. closing thread
    frankieraye: I'll see if we can replace the woman with a stick figure and the tiger fangs with marshmallows.//Issues like these need to get escalated quickly to minimize the damage.
    Kantorek: Yeah.. you should try it. It's awesome.
    Sihndra: Nope- not currently possible under any circumstances. Sorry.
    LokisDottir: I mean...not haunting the forums, nope nope..
    Konariraiden: You don't know what you are up against. You will lose.
    Waiting for...Hamster Packs!
    58% chance to get tokens
    41% chance to get an all class pet hamster....but they has already been freed by the magic hamster.
    1% chance to get ban hamstered with the message "Hamsters United!"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Taranta - Dreamweaver
    Taranta - Dreamweaver Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    *pushes Rawne out of a window*

FLY!...FLAP YOUR ARMS AND FLY!!!!

YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG!!! YOU HAVE TO FLAP YOUR ARMS UP AND DOWN!!
    I shall dominate the Dreamweaver server through the use of Baked goods...and only baked goods.^^[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Venomancers are Female. Barbarians are male. It will forever be this way. So suck it up and deal with it already.