Lowering charm costs in Delta?

Damewort - Sanctuary
Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Venomancer
I need some advice about Delta...

I at last got to try out real Delta run. Not counting some mistakes and bug report at the last running quest, it didn't go too bad. We only failed on stage 9's waves.
In this time period I lost over 200k of hp charm. The ones who **** it the most were Stage 3 (aoe) and Stage 8 bosses. I guess that, if I finished run, then I would have reached 300k. Maybe it is just me who still remembers 20-100k charm costs from gamma, but it seemed quite a lot for me.

Is there a way to lessen it? Tips on kitting to get hit less? Better way to control herc? At some point herc died on bosses and sometimes I even found it easier to kite without herc than to try to run and heal it time after time.
Post edited by Damewort - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Miss_Tika - Lost City
    Miss_Tika - Lost City Posts: 730 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    You should lose very little charm in RB... considering you put an HP charm on after wave 2 quests. I think the biggest charm ticker is the wave 8 and 9 bosses. If you can't keep your herc alive, then you have to tank. Best way to avoid ticking is to kite the boss, use bramblehod, feral concentration, use HP pots and dont suck :3

But seriously on my veno I got by with a Bronze HP charm... and I didn't even use all of it
  • Damewort - Sanctuary
    Damewort - Sanctuary Posts: 573 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Well... my first time... lol What I wanted to see was if it is normal or not. Got a place for improvement.

Besides, I thought veno can't tank all bosses there, like Krixxix one and Feligar. Or so I was told.
  • PequetteV - Lost City
    PequetteV - Lost City Posts: 1,202 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    only have 2-3 boss where herc cannot tank, stupid armor break, just run away with boss then come back when your team killed all mobs
    genesis (r.i.p.) ===> conqueror (r.i.p.) ===> zen (r.i.p.) ===> iam (r.i.p.) ===> guardianz (r.i.p.) ===> spectral ===> essence
    starting to be a nice guild hoppers b:surrender

go on my website it contains lots useful informations about PWI

[noparse]http://pequette.comuf.com[/noparse]
  • Shifong - Heavens Tear
    Shifong - Heavens Tear Posts: 409 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Last and my first full RB delta run was 2 days ago. My charm ticked 2 or 3 times only... pro squad though b:cool
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retsuko - Shifong
    Karmapwi.com
  • Maiya - Lost City
    Maiya - Lost City Posts: 2,686 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    When the squad has trouble killing enemies, that's when your charm might tick. People may die and you may aggro and etc.

Other than that it shouldn't really tick, most should come from when you're kiting the bosses. I don't recall the first one, but it does defense break like peq said. The others you usually have to kite are 8 (stun and amp) and 9 (hits hard). Make sure your herc is within the aura range so it receives the buffs, spam heal it if necessary.

As for kiting, I don't have much experience myself, but on 8 and 9 I run back through the valley, but you have to watch out for the curves because the boss gets stuck on them and tends to reset.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]