Spirit/cash needed and leveling in genereal

Promivius - Dreamweaver
Promivius - Dreamweaver Posts: 278 Arc User
edited December 2009 in Cleric
Just to make sure I dont do it wrong..

To get all your skills to the max you basically have to either die alot or invest all EXP you get into a genies, correct?

Reason I ask is that I once had this idea of getting all skills maxed out per level.
Aka at any given level if I was to step up to the Cleric teacher I would have an almost empty list of skills yet to learn.
I speak for myself. My opinions are my own.
Assuming I speak for others is therefor void.
Post edited by Promivius - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Magicgerbil - Harshlands
    Magicgerbil - Harshlands Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Just to make sure I dont do it wrong..

To get all your skills to the max you basically have to either die alot or invest all EXP you get into a genies, correct?

Reason I ask is that I once had this idea of getting all skills maxed out per level.
    Aka at any given level if I was to step up to the Cleric teacher I would have an almost empty list of skills yet to learn.

I wish i could do that on my other wizzy =( And on my cleric... and all my other characters >_< But yeah... i think that is about the only way to max them, die a lot, or level up genies...
  • Skimi - Dreamweaver
    Skimi - Dreamweaver Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Nope, u dont have to die. level most important skills 1st.
    -iron heart-heal urself, u can heal urself before att mob too
    -P.def buff-who cares about rest buffs, most important one is p.def for yourself also get p.def belt and necklace
    -cyclon and plume w/e it was called, basic att skills what u need to grind/quest
    with these skills you r good to solo quest/grind without depending on others. If you cap them then you will have sp left. Make a list with rest buffs/attacks and decide what skills r priorities for you and what skills can wait and slowly level them in that order. When one skill is maxed or capped then go to next one.
    Don't give exp to genie, you will get plenty of sp later and nowhere is said that you have to max all skills once you get them
  • Paramedic - Dreamweaver
    Paramedic - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,801 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    just normaly lvl up and keep learning support skills

thats all :P
    BUILD EFFICIENCY CALCULATOR: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1129681

AGGRO MECHANICS: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=481682

GAME IS DEAD wiki-article: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=938282
  • Seiowan - Harshlands
    Seiowan - Harshlands Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I confess to being a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to playing a cleric. I want all my strongest supports and heals, so I can be relied upon for support and I want strong attacks so that I can be relied upon in combat as well.

For this, I confess to using Oracles. Not for the experience, but for the spirit. All excesss spirit I siphoned onto my genie (who now has some impressive skills with the leftover spirit!) so that I could maximise my skills as early as possible.

My usual method for choosing skills is as follows though.

Heals > Buffs > Attacks > Debuffs

Being a light armor cleric, my magic suffers somewhat, so I having the best skills available is more important for me. All the same, I think that rule would apply well even on pure magic clerics too.