Who would like to see GM-run events again?

ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary
ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary Posts: 181 Arc User
edited December 2009 in General Discussion
I know I could have PM'd this to Spoons, but I thought I'd create a poll, get some feedback.

I don't know about everyone else, but personally I really miss the GM-run events. Meet the GM, Invasion of Archosaur, Find the GM, were just some of the events I really enjoyed.

Who else is with me in wanting to see more GM run events in the future?
IceJazmin - Heavens Tear - "I am happy to agree to disagree :P"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by ElonaFiorna - Sanctuary on

Comments

• WaffleChan - Sanctuary
    WaffleChan - Sanctuary Posts: 2,897 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i just miss the MORNINGS ARE VITAL, other wise i could not care less lol. i dont like remembering when midnight is
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    advice to fledgling archers:
    Going sage is like drunken sex, at first she may look good, but when you wake up the next morning; you'll look at her and go WHAT HAVE I DONE.
  • Tatuaje - Lost City
    Tatuaje - Lost City Posts: 2,780 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would like to see an event where GM's run wild all over the world Pking anyone outside of safe zones.

Then we all screen shot them after and show how much DMG they did to us.
    tatuaje: grinding mobs and zhenning ???
    frankieraye:All right, I admit it, it's a bit retro. lol.
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I REALLY wish they'd do another Archo invasion. And that thing where they had all the FB Bosses attack that lake near City of the Lost :D (Haven't been on in a while, I'm forgetting names)
  • King_Solomon - Heavens Tear
    King_Solomon - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,341 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I miss GMs flaming WC typos^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If you're willing to join another online game do NOT join any hosted by K2 NETWORK. Want to know why? Check BBB complaints.
  • Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary
    Bobbyjoe - Sanctuary Posts: 146 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Ummmmm heck yeah! I missed the first invasion b:cry.
    BILLY MAYS LOVE YOU
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    id like to see again the event where the gms summoned lots of mobs in the moon and star islands, also this time we would need a zone for lvl 90+ one for 50+ and one for 50-, would be interesting seeing lots of fb99 bosses appear from nowhere, or... rlly fun 100X jewel xD
  • Ceshiari - Sanctuary
    Ceshiari - Sanctuary Posts: 757 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    id like to see again the event where the gms summoned lots of mobs in the moon and star islands, also this time we would need a zone for lvl 90+ one for 50+ and one for 50-, would be interesting seeing lots of fb99 bosses appear from nowhere, or... rlly fun 100X jewel xD

+1

Mobs for different level groups spread around the map, it would reduce lag in a central location.

But they cant do that because its not coded in the program, and apparently, they are not allowed to create new content on their own, just 'localize' it for the International version.

I do really miss mornings are vital though....and a stronger GM presence on the world chat
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Bladecutter - Sanctuary
    Bladecutter - Sanctuary Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    +1

Mobs for different level groups spread around the map, it would reduce lag in a central location.

But they cant do that because its not coded in the program, and apparently, they are not allowed to create new content on their own, just 'localize' it for the International version.

I do really miss mornings are vital though....and a stronger GM presence on the world chat

they can do that, they did it alrdy, look at the events around january they did it twice ^^
  • Leolf - Heavens Tear
    Leolf - Heavens Tear Posts: 380 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I haven't been playing a lot lately, so I'll have to take y'all's word on the GMs being inactive in WC thing. But, if it's true...that really is a shame. I've been playing this game for over a year now, and the awesome GMs always stuck out as a great quality.
  • Boozin - Sanctuary
    Boozin - Sanctuary Posts: 183 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Having GM's active (at least some of the time) in the WC might not be a bad thing... I don't pay much attention to what is said there, but sometimes it can get pretty darn annoying/abusive/insulting etc... but I digress...

Getting back to OP's real question... having any kinda GM run event in the game sounds like a lot of fun to me.... just say the word an I'd participate b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Xgrinch - Dreamweaver
    Xgrinch - Dreamweaver Posts: 95 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes, please.
    And New Day Annoucements... bring them back please.
  • Lygerr - Dreamweaver
    Lygerr - Dreamweaver Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    i don't really think anyone would answer no, but a third neutral answer would be good too..b:bye
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    I would like to see in-game events as opposed to adhoc GM events. I've always found them more fun.

Examples of in-game events:

1) Christmas event - Snowmen / Snowball launcher / Santa / Christmas cards / Chocolate
    2) Chinese New Year - New Year NPC's, Jaiozi Tokens, Fireworks, Nein Beast
    3) Valentines day - Honey / Roses / Bouquets / Wish Chests

Examples of GM events:

1) Arch invasion
    2) GM meet and greet
    3) Picture hunt

Non-events:

1) Calendar contest
    2) Video contest
    3) 7-11 promotion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • Alyyy - Sanctuary
    Alyyy - Sanctuary Posts: 3,165 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    lol i miss the GM typos xD always made a wc drama and i ahd something to read -,o
    Clerics are like cops...they always seem to be around.....until you actually need one b:surrender - DeadRaven
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Bring back PK The GM event pls. kthx
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Thanquol - Lost City
    Thanquol - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Leftover waffles are delicious but microwave poorly.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Yes please. I think it would be good to see the Gms around once in a while. They still have a job to dobut it would be nice to at least SEE them once in a shile. Maybe a parade for the GMs? Or a Word of the Day via System announcement. I still remember vaugely when the GMs would say silly random comments in the System messages. I don't know how much the GMs' bosses like it but I think the players did.
  • Cirdan - Lost City
    Cirdan - Lost City Posts: 140 Arc User
    edited December 2009
    Examples of in-game events:

1) Christmas event - Snowmen / Snowball launcher / Santa / Christmas cards / Chocolate
    2) Chinese New Year - New Year NPC's, Jaiozi Tokens, Fireworks, Nein Beast
    3) Valentines day - Honey / Roses / Bouquets / Wish Chests

I posted a poll on the Christmas Event. If you want to check it out go to:

http://http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=540342